• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW skills you can make money with?

G

Feel like we’ve had this same conversation a bunch of times but I’ll say it again, anything IT related that you don’t have to be onsite for, like coding, is completely lost to the first world white man. Don’t bother with that shit, you’ll never be able to compete with pajeets, chinks, or Russians. If you want IT shit do something like networking infrastructure where you need to be there and do it yourself.

Really though, you can make a shit ton of money in the traditional trades in wealthy urban areas. I guarantee you a dependable (white) man doing basic handyman jobs in my neighborhood could easily make $100 an hour or more doing easy shit like mounting TVs, drywall repair, painting and shit like that. Or if you want to make real money learn to be a plumber or electrician or general contractor. Everyone around me is constantly struggling to find people to do these jobs who will actually respond, show up on time, and be somewhat professional. It’s a really low bar.
Hey man. Can you send me $10,000? You appear well off. Think of it like a tip jar for my contributions to this forum.

G

Ok well figure something out. Seriously though, I need a timeless skill. I'm in a modern faggot field... Kinda like Dan from Certent but gayer and less lucrative. Dunno what to do.
If it were me I’d become an electrician. Go apprentice somewhere for a couple of years to get the basics, take a couple of community college courses so you understand how the shit works and then move to or near a big city and make a comfortable living installing new bathroom lights for the bourgeoisie. Be prompt and professional and you’ll can charge them whatever you want and still get a ton of referrals and before long you won’t have to do the shit yourself you’ll just have a team of Mexicans doing it for you.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Really though, you can make a shit ton of money in the traditional trades in wealthy urban areas. I guarantee you a dependable (white) man doing basic handyman jobs in my neighborhood could easily make $100 an hour or more doing easy shit like mounting TVs, drywall repair, painting and shit like that. Or if you want to make real money learn to be a plumber or electrician or general contractor. Everyone around me is constantly struggling to find people to do these jobs who will actually respond, show up on time, and be somewhat professional. It’s a really low bar.

This is the right answer. Finding someone dependable in the trades might as well be gold at this point.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
My current job rules and I have a ton of free time but I want more money. I thought about learning coding or something on the side as another way to make money, but with the AI shit I have a feeling a lot of that will be pointless unless you get to a high level.

I've got experience landscaping/flooring/some other blue collar shit but am not sure what to focus on. I would need to practice flooring before I could be a contractor, and with landscaping I wouldn't be able to take big jobs unless I hired a crew and I'm not looking into investing that much extra time into it.

Have thought about getting a power washer and just making a website, running some cheap ads, and taking whatever 2-3 jobs I get a month for the extra money
I'm a carpenter as well as a beloved pop culture icon and legend of the stage and screen and I make decent money on the side just pressure washing decks and siding. It's something you can do by yourself and it's easy. It's actually kind of fun.

G

This is the right answer. Finding someone dependable in the trades might as well be gold at this point.
Yeah and I’m not exaggerating those amounts. I’m surrounded by doctors and lawyers and lobbyists who work 60 hour weeks and have no interest at all in doing projects around the house over the weekend. They just want to write a text or email and know the shit is going to be taken care of and if it costs a couple hundred bucks they don’t care that they could have fixed the toilet for $10 and maybe an hour watching a YouTube video how to do it.

So many people who do that kind of work are just non-responsive or don’t show up or show up 2 hours late. Just show up or at least communicate effectively and you can name your price within reason.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
I'm a carpenter as well as a beloved pop culture icon and legend of the stage and screen and I make decent money on the side just pressure washing decks and siding. It's something you can do by yourself and it's easy. It's actually kind of fun.

pressure washing is so relaxing, that and cleaning pools

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
The guy who replaced my water heater probably makes more than me. Or he could if he was smart.
Thats one of the eeasiesthome repairs
If they want it stained and any under structure reapair its easy money

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
Feel like we’ve had this same conversation a bunch of times but I’ll say it again, anything IT related that you don’t have to be onsite for, like coding, is completely lost to the first world white man. Don’t bother with that shit, you’ll never be able to compete with pajeets, chinks, or Russians. If you want IT shit do something like networking infrastructure where you need to be there and do it yourself.

Can vouch for this. Couple times a month I’ll make a few hundred bucks on the weekend doing what equates to bullshit labor. I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. My first jobs were trades. So people in the neighborhood will talk to me and ask me to look at their stuff. I almost never even ask for money, but people with money always over pay if you treat them right and do a decent job. They’re also probably just happy I’m white but would never admit that. One time (once again, didn’t even ask for money I was just being a good neighbor) mounted a TV for an elderly neighbor, because he was too old to do it himself, dipshit gave me $200. He then argued with me when I told him that’s way too much and he should only give me $100. Which was also too much. I was just factoring in he was paying me for being white.

G

AI is never going to replace coding. The best it can and will ever be able to do is generate boilerplate code. There is always brand new tech coming out and AI needs millions of code examples to get good enough to do even basic shit. If you have an idea for an app or something, I recommend learning to code. Think of it this way... Anybody with an idea can turn on a camera and film themselves doing something. Not anybody can code up an app. If your idea is good enough, the competition is way less.