• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW rice

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
Forum Clout
I might be wrong, but I believe washing the rice before cooking helps with clumps and mushiness. I've never not washed rice before cooking it so I'm not entirely sure.

It helps with the clumping, as it removes surface-starches. Mushiness is the fault of someone overcooking it.

Forum Clout
All in wih the lice but it make mewlel fat and lacist
A442D096-67CA-48FC-8E30-4053C1612B67.jpeg

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Now don't go razzing me because I'm Hispanic and probably more inclined to consume rice, but I know what people eat the shit too.

I remember having yellow Spanish rice with white boys who devoured the shit immediately, so don't act like you're not fans.

I prefer yellow rice over white rice, but either one I good enough for me to eat tbh.

There is no such thing as yellow rice. It's white rice with saffron or turmeric.

Also, Africans eat more rice than anyone I've ever known.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
I used to eat it a lot but now it just seems like pointless filler. I only use the microwaveable prepacked stuff. Too much effort to prepare and cook rice only to fuck it up.

Last edited:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Rice cooker is the best way to go. Oddly enough the cheapest ones are usually the better ones. I've been using the same $20 cooker for almost 10 years now.

I like this guy's videos. Yes he's a little queer, but he keeps me engaged.

He came up under my suggested because of the VPN.

Fem voice or not, the fucker is informative, so I like him.

G

I'm a pretty good cook, and spoil myself food wise...With that said, I can't cook rice! It drives me fucking mad! It always comes out mushy.

I feel like a fucking idiot every time I cook it.
You're overcooking it. Use Basmati and thoroughly wash it in cold water before you cook it. This removes excess starch. Boil it for 8-10 minutes. Use a spoon and test a grain or two until it's how you like it

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
You're overcooking it. Use Basmati and thoroughly wash it in cold water before you cook it. This removes excess starch. Boil it for 8-10 minutes. Use a spoon and test a grain or two until it's how you like it
Another important step, if you don't own a rice cooker, is to use the ol finger technique. Get some rice in a bowl and rinse it through several times. Then fill it up with water only to the level where it covers the first digit of your finger when you point it right at rice level, so about a centimeter.

Put the pot on the stove on high heat and let it boil aggressively. Let the water level reduce until it no longer covers the rice, then chuck a lid on it and boil for a few minutes longer on the lowest heat. Then pull the whole thing of the heat and let it steam through for 20-30 mins. This'll allow the rice to absorb all the moisture in the pan and turn out as enlarged, fluffy and individual kernels, instead of a mushy mess. You can line a towel on the top when you put the lid on if you want to be extra sure that there'll be no sogginess.

Westerners tend to stink at cooking rice because we treat it like pasta or potatoes and just blast it in a boiling cauldron until it seems soft enough to eat. And it still comes out edible that way, but it's a lot more enjoyable if you use a bit of finesse.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
what is rice... I mean, is it the seed of the plant? I really don't know
It's just corn. Rice grains are the same as the kernels you see on a blade of wheat. The difference is that rice is a tropical grass that needs a shit ton of humidity and can survive and grow easily even when covered by several inches of water, hence rice paddies.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
Perfect rice is very easy. First you have to wash the rice to remove the starch, which causes it to stick and look muddy. Then put in a ratio of 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Let it simmer until the water is evaporated, then its cooked. If you have an instapot the rice setting gives you perfect rice too.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Forum Clout
Another important step, if you don't own a rice cooker, is to use the ol finger technique. Get some rice in a bowl and rinse it through several times. Then fill it up with water only to the level where it covers the first digit of your finger when you point it right at rice level, so about a centimeter.

Put the pot on the stove on high heat and let it boil aggressively. Let the water level reduce until it no longer covers the rice, then chuck a lid on it and boil for a few minutes longer on the lowest heat. Then pull the whole thing of the heat and let it steam through for 20-30 mins. This'll allow the rice to absorb all the moisture in the pan and turn out as enlarged, fluffy and individual kernels, instead of a mushy mess. You can line a towel on the top when you put the lid on if you want to be extra sure that there'll be no sogginess.

Westerners tend to stink at cooking rice because we treat it like pasta or potatoes and just blast it in a boiling cauldron until it seems soft enough to eat. And it still comes out edible that way, but it's a lot more enjoyable if you use a bit of finesse.
Perfect rice is very easy. First you have to wash the rice to remove the starch, which causes it to stick and look muddy. Then put in a ratio of 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Let it simmer until the water is evaporated, then its cooked. If you have an instapot the rice setting gives you perfect rice too.

Just get a rice cooker you homos. Don't be a Tomlinson.

A super cheap one will work just fine, just make sure it has enough capacity for how much rice you will be making. Fancy it up by using chicken broth instead of water or a spoonful of Better than Boullion if you want.

The only reason you'd need to go more expensive is if you're on a bodybuilder/meal prep type diet it's worth it to buy a $50 rice cooker that has a delay timer so you can have fresh rice first thing in the morning. Or if you have money to burn and want the best rice cooker with a bunch of other functions you can get a Zojirushi.

And if you have an Instant Pot I'm pretty sure you already have a rice cooker.

There. Now you have no excuse to ever have mushy half-house rice again.

G

Just get a rice cooker you homos. Don't be a Tomlinson.

A super cheap one will work just fine, just make sure it has enough capacity for how much rice you will be making. Fancy it up by using chicken broth instead of water or a spoonful of Better than Boullion if you want.

The only reason you'd need to go more expensive is if you're on a bodybuilder/meal prep type diet it's worth it to buy a $50 rice cooker that has a delay timer so you can have fresh rice first thing in the morning. Or if you have money to burn and want the best rice cooker with a bunch of other functions you can get a Zojirushi.

And if you have an Instant Pot I'm pretty sure you already have a rice cooker.

There. Now you have no excuse to ever have mushy half-house rice again.
I've got one. Don't cook rice that often but when I do I do it in a regular pot. Using a rice cooker feels chinky.