• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Regrets?

G

You should try it. He just gives you direct things to do. I never understood presence or “mindfulness” until I got into him.
Eckhart-Tolle-quotes.jpg

The Virgin Tolle vs the Chad Robbins
104479071-GettyImages-546307446.jpg

G

Just... be careful with this one, brotherman. Using women and pussy to chase off a bad funk is pfg, but if you're feeling legit depressed, it can end up motherfucking you.

I went this route before, and I ended up doing really risky shit with very unstable women, and it ended up making me feel worse by the end. But for the grace of god I didn't end up with any long-term problems from it (came pretty close tho).

Maybe it's just me, but women I'm dating don't fulfil my friend need. For meeting likeminded people for friends, try joining a club, beer league, interest group, or take fun classes in something you give a shit about. Force yourself to talk to people there, and find people you click with.

Thank you, that’s some good advice.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
View attachment 75014

The Virgin Tolle vs the Chad Robbins
View attachment 75015
I agree overall -- but you don't have to choose. you can read both.

The Power of Now will either resonate with you or it won't. The main point of the book is that right now is all that matters.

With regards to Robbins, Awaken the Giant Within is amazing and gives you specific things to do to figure out how to get your life in order and why it's out of order to begin with. You don't need to read any of his other books.

If you only read one, read Robbins.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
For meeting likeminded people for friends, try joining a club, beer league, interest group, or take fun classes in something you give a shit about.
Agree 100% brothaman and hope this helps OP. We all pal around here and have the regular pig/cow roast, but you gotta get out there and make some friends. If you’re in shape then just keep maintaining that, channel your pressure into something productive and soon you’ll forget about whatever’s bothering you.

Just look into the eyes of Pig or Joe (if he doesn’t have them closed behind the shades). You let shit keep eating at you and try to cover it up with bragging / acting tough, you’re gonna have a fish mouth and bovine eyes.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I agree overall -- but you don't have to choose. you can read both.

The Power of Now will either resonate with you or it won't. The main point of the book is that right now is all that matters.

With regards to Robbins, Awaken the Giant Within is amazing and gives you specific things to do to figure out how to get your life in order and why it's out of order to begin with. You don't need to read any of his other books.

If you only read one, read Robbins.

Did you try any of the other Tolle books? I actually thought A New Earth was the best one, but I think The Power of Now is still probably the best introduction.

Anyway I recommended Tolle simply because this dude seems to be living in the past.

As someone who did that, I eventually had to realize I’ll never be able to change the past or think my way into it going away. I had to accept that those scars are permanent, but realize there was also zero reason to ruminate on them.

It’s as much a compulsive and pointless habit as nail biting or something. Breaking out of those repetitive thought loops to “be here, now” and more importantly to disidentify with the voice in my head was huge for me.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Did you try any of the other Tolle books? I actually thought A New Earth was the best one, but I think The Power of Now is still probably the best introduction.

Anyway I recommended Tolle simply because this dude seems to be living in the past.

As someone who did that, I eventually had to realize I’ll never be able to change the past or think my way into it going away. I had to accept that those scars are permanent, but realize there was also zero reason to ruminate on them.

It’s as much a compulsive and pointless habit as nail biting or something. Breaking out of those repetitive thought loops to “be here, now” and more importantly to disidentify with the voice in my head was huge for me.
I didn't read any of Tolle's other books.

I did see some reviews of The Power of Now dismissing it as psycho babble and while I could see their point, I also thought it was very unfair. I'm very rational/logical, and so I can see that The Power of Now could be dismissed by people like me, so I'm not sure that it will speak to everyone.

Tony Robbins, though, is a billionaire because he has the talent to speak to everyone. A few days after I finished Awaken The Giant Within, my wife told me she saw a big change in my day-to-day life in how I was carrying myself, body language, speaking, etc.