• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WWAW Podcasts?

Stent

outcomes, not intent - mod wisdom
Weird Medicine is still good. The Adam Friedland Show is on the rise.

I'm around 2013 of a multi year listen through of old R/F. It holds up pretty well. There's an occasional fez gay agenda bit or ron interview I skip but overall pretty solid. it's best when it's just ron shooting the shit with someone funny or fez being insane
I pick a random R&F month and go through it. A lot of times I forget the show is gone and Fez is dead. It's still real to me damn it.

WhereWeAt

Was thinking of making a Podcast Hate thread. I loved the classic Robert Kelly and Sometimes Colin Quinn.
I, too, loved both episodes of that podcast.

Looking back, the best podcasts to me were The Big 3 Podcast and Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast. The former was fucking with stupid Perry Caravello, which was awesome. The latter was Gilbert regaling Hollywood royalty with tales of the depravity of Danny Thomas and Cesar Romero. Both never sucked their own cocks talking about "the craft".

I don't like podcast with video. It forces you to watch it or miss most of the content.
I think we're losing the art of radio, people are worrying about sets, lighting, how they look... audio-only gives a greater level of freedom, especially if you want to do characters or deep soundscapes.

Greaseman refused to be seen until he'd done a load of bodybuilding, so when he was eventually seen it didn't spoil the illusion / character he'd created.

DMAN

New York City
Podcasting will never compare to shock jock talk radio. Even with all the lame sex bits and bad parody songs, at least radio had some effort put in there. Podcasting is essentially boring faggots whispering to each other, in conversation that never truly begins or ends. And they pre-record ads in the most awkward places.

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Podcasting will never compare to shock jock talk radio. Even with all the lame sex bits and bad parody songs, at least radio had some effort put in there. Podcasting is essentially boring faggots whispering to each other, in conversation that never truly begins or ends. And they pre-record ads in the most awkward places.
This is the best answer. Shame sxm’s flagship program is Jim and Sam though

Renaus

Weird Medicine is still good. The Adam Friedland Show is on the rise.

I pick a random R&F month and go through it. A lot of times I forget the show is gone and Fez is dead. It's still real to me damn it.
I thought that no one listen to Dr Steve's podcast. It seems that it is somewhat popular.
World Record Podcast is genius and not only is it the only good podcast, it's the only good video/audio show of any kind going.
The Bone Zone with Brendon Walsh was a funny podcast. His co-host lost his mind after trying pot for the first time. It seems that a lot of borderline straight-edge comedians go full retarded if they start doing drugs in their 30s or 40s. Rogan, Doug Benson etc

WigwardFromSouthHampton

The Fugitive
I think the last legitimately good podcast I heard was LOS only because I think the guys on it are funny, but I could never bear to sit down and listen to that shit.

Rogan, cKy, Tim Dillon, Tigerbelly, Bert Kreischer. Maybe i’m just not that fawkin deep with the podcast thing, but they seriously all suck a dick.
>Tim Dillon

I don't get the Tim Dillon thing. he's really not funny he just talks a lot.

DMAN

New York City
Sirius and XM both failed by wasting money on celebrities. They should have done what YouTube did and cherry picked the best talent from the internet, groom them to be the millennial and zoomer versions of Howard and O&A.

They had in their grasp Rogan, Burr, Louis, and too many more to think of -- before anybody cared about them. SXM also broke up all their legendary talk show duos.

When Howard retires the plan was always to keep Howard 100 and 101 on vault content. That is obviously not happening now that almost his entire archive is unplayable. When he retires that company is dead.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

bonnie obsessed ❤️
Sirius and XM both failed by wasting money on celebrities. They should have done what YouTube did and cherry picked the best talent from the internet, groom them to be the millennial and zoomer versions of Howard and O&A.

They had in their grasp Rogan, Burr, Louis, and too many more to think of -- before anybody cared about them. SXM also broke up all their legendary talk show duos.

When Howard retires the plan was always to keep Howard 100 and 101 on vault content. That is obviously not happening now that almost his entire archive is unplayable. When he retires that company is dead.

I bet the Bonfire has a bigger audience than Stern at this point. They shouldn’t bother re signing him.