• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Oz?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I can never take JK Simmons seriously after Oz, I see him in other roles and think about the time he burned a swastika into Beecher's asscheek or the countless prags he's turned out. Made sense in that silly jazz teacher movie.
I just rewatched that show and he’s probably the best actor in it.

Forum Clout
Oz got progressively sillier as it rolled along, but even at its worst, it was always good for some laughs. Like remember when Schillinger nailed that pedophile priest to the gym floor? Or when that fat bitchy guard was raping Ryan O'Reilly? Or when Alvarez cut out the guard's eyes with a scalpel? Or Adebesi screaming "gimme some tits man"? God, that was a fun show.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
Oz got progressively sillier as it rolled along, but even at its worst, it was always good for some laughs. Like remember when Schillinger nailed that pedophile priest to the gym floor? Or when that fat bitchy guard was raping Ryan O'Reilly? Or when Alvarez cut out the guard's eyes with a scalpel? Or Adebesi screaming "gimme some tits man"? God, that was a fun show.
That shine has made me laugh more than any other except for Joe Cumia.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
This was the first show I saw most of these actors. I still refer to them in my head as their character whenever they pop up on something else.

Anybody remember that Bryan Callen was on a few episodes? He was an inmate who was also the teacher in their high school diploma program that McManus was supporting. Kenny beat up Callen for asking him to read in front of the class.

G

[MEDIA=youtube]zgogiwYGeOE[/MEDIA]

PFG show except it gets shit in the last couple of seasons. Pretty fucking brutal and “progressive” for it’s time.
Liked it the first time and basically had a speed run through all the DVDs. Tried to watch it again and got to about S1Ep3 and had to turn it off. YT clips are where it’s at for the particularly silly enjoyable parts.

Monk

Forum Clout
I'll probably give it a try again at some point but the fucking narrator bit was so annoying and stylistically it just had too much of a bad 90's vibe in a way that I don't find nostalgic. I also recall the show being absurdly unrealistic.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
One of the funniest shows of all time. Closest show today is probably Barry (also on HBO). Most people do not understand that Oz was a satire show of 90s dramas and soap operas. Hence the ridiculous storylines and fake deaths and over the top moments. It was meant to be silly. If you had a wife or girlfriend that watched soap operas you would get a lot more of the jokes.

Sopranos had a similar blend of comedy and drama but was usually less absurd. People hated Oz for like the aging pills or musical stuff. But Sopranos had Paulie visit a real psychic. And Bobby's dead wife's spirit is haunting his house by moving silverware. As well as Paulie seeing the Virgin Mary in the Bing. Plus ridiculous moments like Tony pulling the gun from the fish. Or Chrissy and Paulie in the woods or shooting the waiter over an $11 tip.

If you watch any show made in the 20 years after Oz you will recognize tons of actors. Half of the cast of The Wire came from Oz which is not an exaggeration.

Forum Clout
This was the first show I saw most of these actors. I still refer to them in my head as their character whenever they pop up on something else.

Anybody remember that Bryan Callen was on a few episodes? He was an inmate who was also the teacher in their high school diploma program that McManus was supporting. Kenny beat up Callen for asking him to read in front of the class.
LOL I do remember that, he was one of the faggy Christian inmates, I believe. Kenny preferred to be called Bricks, though.
Liked it the first time and basically had a speed run through all the DVDs. Tried to watch it again and got to about S1Ep3 and had to turn it off. YT clips are where it’s at for the particularly silly enjoyable parts.
Yes, it's not subtle, like where you'll pick up things you missed before. It's all right there, and that's all there is. Sometimes a guy ripping out his new nigger gums is just a guy ripping out his new nigger gums, there's no subtext to be had there.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
The Aryan guy getting kicked out of the nazis because the dentist gave him nigger gums, and said Aryan then trying to remove them, was hilarious. As was the guy that gets a batch of pot brownies in the prison and eats too much and trips out. Then there was the one where Oz becomes an immigration detention center and they get a load of gooks in that they don't know what to do with. I love it but it is a very dumb show.

Forum Clout
The Aryan guy getting kicked out of the nazis because the dentist gave him nigger gums, and said Aryan then trying to remove them, was hilarious. As was the guy that gets a batch of pot brownies in the prison and eats too much and trips out. Then there was the one where Oz becomes an immigration detention center and they get a load of gooks in that they don't know what to do with. I love it but it is a very dumb show.
Or when Adebesi raped Peter Schibetta, then Schibetta went back to Oz, and in like one day he was raped again, this time by Schillinger. Classic stuff.