• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Green Day/Billie Joe?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Wrote a handful of really good pop songs dressed up as punk for tots but became an absolute faggot later on. That time he lost his shit because they wanted to get Usher on stage is fucking hilarious. His fake semi-English accent makes me want to smash his teeth in with a hammer too.
Only musician/guy I give a pass to for a fake semi-English accent is Josh Homme. That's it. Anyone else who does it is a flaming homosexual.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
That was my senior year's chosen graduation song, and I don't think I'm the only one here who can say that. I'd understand if I was the only one pathetic enough to admit it.
When I was in elementary school, this girl in my grade wanted to use the theme song from The Jeffersons as our moving up song. The thought of a bunch of rich white kids singing... "fish don't fry in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the grill..." still makes me giggle like a little school girl.

That girl is a successful lawyer now, so there's that.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the same progression as Wonderwall. He even stands like Liam at one point in the video.

Offsprings best stuff towers over Green Days best stuff but aren't as famous because they didn't do SNL, Rolling Stone covers, etc.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
controversial opinion but 100% true. "Smash" is case closed

The first song "Nitro(Youth Energy)" would be enough on it's own.

They've sucked more and more ever since Ron left and at this current place in time, might even be bigger faggots than Green Day.

Pretty sure Smash sold more copies than Dookie which is nuts.

Forum Clout
WWAW my rankings?

green day.png

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
He's a fag, but I will say Green Day actually puts on a solid live show. Shame they haven't put out a good album since American Idiot.

Forum Clout
I used to be a huge fan but I couldn’t tell you what songs are on that Uno, dos, tre shit. Otherwise pretty solid but I wouldn’t put Nimrod on S-tier. American idiot is probably generous too.
"The Trilogy" has an almost equal measure of good, average, and shit songs. If they had someone giving them feedback, they could have put out one single album called like "Eras" or some shit and effectively kept the same gimmick and had it go over better. Sadly, handing people like 40 songs and telling them "pick something I don't know" didn't end up being a sound maneuver.

G

"The Trilogy" has an almost equal measure of good, average, and shit songs. If they had someone giving them feedback, they could have put out one single album called like "Eras" or some shit and effectively kept the same gimmick and had it go over better. Sadly, handing people like 40 songs and telling them "pick something I don't know" didn't end up being a sound maneuver.
Yes exactly. I didn’t know they were doing that because I don’t pay attention anymore so they were all 3 out before I heard of them and I just couldn’t be bothered. It’s too much, there’s no way it’s good.

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Forum Clout
I listened to Dookie a lot as a kid. The first couple albums are okay and I didn't mind them up until around Warning era, but American Idiot and everything afterwards kind of forever tarnished them for me. Hearing shit like "Wake Me Up When September Ends" all the time on the radio made me hate them.

The first couple Offspring albums listened pretty good too when I was a young lad. I always hated the fuck out of Blink 182, bands like Screeching Weasel, Descendents, Lagwagon, and many others did the pop punk thing better in my opinion.

G

I listened to Dookie a lot as a kid. The first couple albums are okay and I didn't mind them up until around Warning era, but American Idiot and everything afterwards kind of forever tarnished them for me. Hearing shit like "Wake Me Up When September Ends" all the time on the radio made me hate them.

The first couple Offspring albums listened pretty good too when I was a young lad. I always hated the fuck out of Blink 182, bands like Screeching Weasel, Descendents, Lagwagon, and many others did the pop punk thing better in my opinion.
Offspring started out good but if you listened to anything after that “get a job” song I’m sorry, I can’t help you.

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Forum Clout
Offspring started out good but if you listened to anything after that “get a job” song I’m sorry, I can’t help you.

Nah, I mostly mean Smash. I also liked "Ignition" and the self titled album from 1989, but l mean I put them in the Green Day camp of a band that started okay and went downhill. If I listen to either at this point it's just for nostalgia.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Nah, I mostly mean Smash. I also liked "Ignition" and the self titled album from 1989, but l mean I put them in the Green Day camp of a band that started okay and went downhill. If I listen to either at this point it's just for nostalgia.

Ixnay is great too. After that each album halves in quality to where we find them now at 0. Those last two were pitiful. Re-recording "Dirty Magic" and putting it on a regular album? You fucking kidding me?

Somewhat full disclosure, my bands next single is a collaboration with a former member of The Offspring.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I don't really have any opinion on Queens of the Stone Age (or any of his projects for that matter) but I can't hear his name without thinking of Sharon Osbourne's quote about him:

“I hope he gets syphilis and dies. I hope his dick fuckin’ falls off so his mother can eat it.”

It's even funnier considering all Homme said was that he didn't want to play Ozzfest because they treated bands shitty.
Sharon's a fucking cunt- putting Ozzy back out on the tour when the motherfucker can hardly walk or lift his arms. How much money is enough? I know she's a kike, but still. She probably never forgave Ozzie for trying to strangle her to death. She's putting the old geezer out there to embarrass him.

As for Queens of the Stone Age- they are probably the best and most consistent American band over the past 25 years. Only misstep was their last album Villains and I blame Mark Ronson for that shit. Also, Josh seemed like he was in a weird place- seemed like he wanted to give it one last try for true mainstream appeal. And around that time, his marriage was starting to fall apart. So the album is completely forgettable (like the all female Ghostbusters).

I anticipate a return to some really good stuff in the next two years- post divorce from psycho bitch Brodie Dalle. They're not going to recapture Songs for the Deaf or even, Like Clockwork, but I expect them to surprise- just wish he would say fuck it and bring back Nick Oliveri.

Thank you for reading my QOTSA dissertation.

Last edited:

Wa4892

Forum Clout
I never minded Green Day but always thought they were pop version of Social Distortion. The fact Social D plays concerts in 2000 seat theaters and Green Day plays stadiums around the world is sad commentary about music.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I don't know why everyone here hates him. I like the guy and yeah he turned pretty gay late in his career but most people in show business did.
He's a fag entertainer who acts tough and thinks anyone should care about his stupid political opinions. Play the songs from your one good album and shut the fuck up