• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Green Day/Billie Joe?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I remember early 2000s when it was looking like they were done after “Warning” didn’t take off and they put out a greatest hits album and were OPENING for Blink 182 since they took Green Day’s spot and now they were “old”.

American Idiot was when they started wearing eyeliner and became insufferable. Years ago I saw their drummer Tre Cool at a show at the Viper Room. He was very drunk and told me he has an assistant that is paid to drive him and hold his wallet.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Green Day is either unoriginal as fuck (even by pop music standards) or have no qualms about straight up stealing riffs.

Just off the top of my head, the riff in "Warning" is an almost note for note copy of "Picture Book" by the Kinks. "Brain Stew" is just Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4" sped up and "Brutal Love" is such a blantant rip off of Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home" that they had to give him a writing credit.
There's a song on American Idiot where the vocal melody is the exact same as On With The Show by Motley Crue.

G

I remember early 2000s when it was looking like they were done after “Warning” didn’t take off and they put out a greatest hits album and were OPENING for Blink 182 since they took Green Day’s spot and now they were “old”.
I went to one of those Blink shows. It was humiliating. That would be like going to watch The Rolling Stones open for Foo Fighters, it never should have been allowed.