• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW fearing mortality?

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
My fear isnt death at all.
What I fear is more about still living while being a shell of your former self and no longer having anything to do all the time. Right now I can go out any weekend and do something fun with people. I have a fear of that not being the case someday and doing nothing but sitting around missing the old days.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
Something that helps is to think about how when it does happen, although it'll be long, drawn-out, painful and you'll have full knowledge of what is happening to you (which is worse than a horror movie really, because some of those characters survive) at least by that point you'll be a bitter old asshole anyway.

By that I mean, think about the person you are now and how much 20-year-old you would hate the useless, ambition-lacking, lazy bum you turned into. That's because you're a different person.

So you get pancreatic cancer at 60. You'll be a different person then. If you met you at 60 you'd be pleased to know that guy was facing a painful death!

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Something that helps is to think about how when it does happen, although it'll be long, drawn-out, painful and you'll have full knowledge of what is happening to you (which is worse than a horror movie really, because some of those characters survive) at least by that point you'll be a bitter old asshole anyway.

By that I mean, think about the person you are now and how much 20-year-old you would hate the useless, ambition-lacking, lazy bum you turned into. That's because you're a different person.

So you get pancreatic cancer at 60. You'll be a different person then. If you met you at 60 you'd be pleased to know that guy was facing a painful death!
I'm pretty much exactly the same person I was at 16. I've grown remarkably little. I even dress the same.

Last edited:

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Without getting too deep into my gay beliefs (which are founded on nothing but a hunch and zero research), I’m not convinced our consciousness goes when we do. Sure, the vessels currently containing our consciousness will break down until they’re no longer capable receptors, but I think that “spark” perseveres (albeit in a state no longer tangible to our senses, so it’s impossible for us to really fathom what that means)

I don’t really fear dying, but I’d like to avoid a Pesci, “oh n-“ realization of my final moment if possible.
I'm all in with this perspective, brothaman

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
To the fields we are scattered
Then from the dust we are born
We survive somewhat battered
To a new life, a new dawn
IN the end what will it matter
There'll only be my ashes to scatter
And all the logical answers
To a worrying mind
Will be scattered in time
Beaten and battered
To the earth you are scattered
You're going home so what does it matter
To an atomic mind
Scattered here while you travel time
I love you

G

I've seen 3 people die in front of me. One very close family member, one friend and one total stranger. All 3 experiences had something in common. A hard-to-put-into words feeling of life/a soul/animation/whatever instantly disappearing and essentially a husk of meat being left behind. The family member was very sick and that cloud of illness also vanished as soon as they died. They even looked better.

I don't know about an afterlife, obviously, just like everyone else. But in those three instances, I experienced an energy that felt like more than simply "being alive" immediately leave. All I took from that is that this life is fleeting, random and should be enjoyed as much as possible.

Forum Clout
I've seen 3 people die in front of me. One very close family member, one friend and one total stranger. All 3 experiences had something in common. A hard-to-put-into words feeling of life/a soul/animation/whatever instantly disappearing and essentially a husk of meat being left behind. The family member was very sick and that cloud of illness also vanished as soon as they died. They even looked better.

I don't know about an afterlife, obviously, just like everyone else. But in those three instances, I experienced an energy that felt like more than simply "being alive" immediately leave. All I took from that is that this life is fleeting, random and should be enjoyed as much as possible.
Nothing ever wore on me harder than waiting for someone I cared about to die. Like when they're terminally ill, and could go at literally any second. Sometimes it goes on like that for a while, and it just grinds the joy out of you. Then they die, and you're sad, but you're also relieved. Then you feel guilty about feeling relieved.

I saw everyone in my immediate family die. Father, sister, mother, cancer, heart and old age/dementia. Technically, my sister had been dead for a few minutes by the time I got there, but it was close enough. I've witnessed two fatal car accidents, four fatalities in all. The one that really rattled me the most, though, was this guy I worked with. He was a super-fit black dude, former Marine, around forty years old. Said hi like I always did, he was all cheerful like he always was. I walked into an adjacent room, and heard a crash/bang, and the guy was on the floor, out, with foam around his mouth. The woman who worked there was an EMT, so she started CPR and I called 911, but he was dead before he hit the ground. Congenital heart defect, undetectable. Fucking surreal, it was really hard to give a shit about anything for a while after that. In the span of maybe two seconds he was just gone.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
I'm thinking of finding a jap broad to marry so that when I die our mongrel children will feel compelled to worship me in a cool little shrine.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
My mom got migraines for a couple years because she was sedentary, heavy smoker and drank like 40 coffees a day, and then one night the stupid blood vessel in her head that kept growing aneurysmed (?) and insta killed her in like 10 minutes. Her soul didn't leave her body - she just went limp and her eyes got glassy like when someone is really shitfaced. She was a goner, as they say in the medical community.

Not trying to sound edgy, but:
I want to go out the same way and I'm looking forward to it, seemed to me like it's going to be just a huge relief, you can finally let it all go.