WWAW bleak, depressing movies?

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Rewatched The Road for the first time since it came out and I'd forgotten just how dark it was. Type of thing you could broood about for days.

What are some o dem other depressing movies we got?
Halfway through the audiobook and it's fawkin brooodal. I don't really read a lot of fiction but I'm shocked at how effective he is at conveying hopelessness. Oddly enough, I happened to see it was recommended by the Oprah Book Club. I thought that bitch would just recommend fluffy pop novels and books that try to get soccer moms into witchcraft, so this one seems like an odd choice for her audience.

Last edited:

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
This one was fawwwwkin brutal

1677626289403.png

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I’ve been wanting to watch this one. Is it like requiem for a dream though where it completely wallows in its own misery? I’m getting sick of movies like that
I would say yes but it's been a long time since I watched it. Worth watching once.

Milk74

I'm black Irish
Rewatched The Road for the first time since it came out and I'd forgotten just how dark it was. Type of thing you could broood about for days.

What are some o dem other depressing movies we got?
I was literally dreaming about this movie today right before waking up, I was like WTF? Why the fuck was I dreaming about that depressing shit?

Are we connected or something?

What's your sign? Are you at least 6 feet tall?

Rascal

Ikiru is pretty depressing also. It has some hope to it so I can’t call it totally bleak but the story is sad and something we’ll all face ourselves or through loved ones.

Doesn't that one have an uplifting ending? He's basically content with life after dropping out of all the bullshit associated with his career.

G

Charlie Kaufman movies are pretty depressing. I watched Adaptation and was surprised at how accurately it depicted themes of sadness, depression and loneliness.
Fuckin a. Synecdoche, New York is pretty damn bleak. It's one of my favorites though. This is a controversial opinion, but that Philip Seymour Hoffman wasn't a shabby actor.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Doesn't that one have an uplifting ending? He's basically content with life after dropping out of all the bullshit associated with his career.

Yeah, wouldn’t call it happy necessarily but contented is fair for the main character. But outside of the little park he helps to create, the office mostly goes back to normal and shows how the cycle continues.

G

I also watched a movie in a film class Olivier, Olivier and it was pretty good but bizarre and depressing as well. It’s about a family whose child goes missing and it breaks them apart until he comes back. Or does he?!?!?!
Our French teacher showed that film to us in class when we were 14. He also made us watch Les Roseaux Sauvages, which has lots of teen fucking, both gay and straight, among other inappropriate films. Yeah, he was a middle-aged homosexual and no one thought otherwise about it.

G

A gay French pervert is some kind of triple redundancy.
He was English actually, but was a Francophile who had a house in Toulouse and spent about 3 months a year there. God knows what he got up to over there. Probably was some other kind of "phile" too. Quite a nice guy though and an excellent teacher tbf.