WWAW bleak, depressing movies?

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Shrek put me into a deep blue funk for several days. As for movies I enjoy, Two Lane Blacktop, Gummo and Come and See depress preddy gud. Se7en is too silly to really bum me out, and A Zed and Two Noughts is a positive film dressed up in bleakness.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
I watched a garbage movie called Ironweed last week. It has Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep and it just stinks. The acting is solid but there is no point to it except to revel in it’s pure misery.

I hate ET and find it to be an entirely depressing, joyless movie and it’s supposed to be for kids. I’m probably alone there.

Ikiru is pretty depressing also. It has some hope to it so I can’t call it totally bleak but the story is sad and something we’ll all face ourselves or through loved ones.

The Deer Hunter is bleak. I want to take the time here to say I can’t stand the ending of it when they sing God Bless America. Way too on the nose.

I also watched a movie in a film class Olivier, Olivier and it was pretty good but bizarre and depressing as well. It’s about a family whose child goes missing and it breaks them apart until he comes back. Or does he?!?!?!

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
There's a Russian movie called Leviathon. It's got to be one of the most grim movies I've ever seen. It makes you feel like corruption is unstoppable, because ordinary people are just so incompetent.

handsomeblue

Game Over Anthony Cumia 2024 🎮🩺💔🏥💀
Johnny Got His Gun aka the Metallica One music video. Just sad, especially when Donald Sutherland as Jesus rejects him in his thoughts/dreams.