• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW bands that were hyped as the next big thing and promptly disappeared into nothingness?

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
These guys. That first album, and this song in particular, were everywhere and then their second album was totally different and flopped.

They were always a case of the audience not understanding the band.

Electric feel, kids, and time to pretend should have never been on the album.

They were songs they had written three years earlier. The band actually wanted to be some kind of weird gay artsy jam band.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I swear they were trying to make Days Of The New the next big thing in the late 90s, and they fucking sucked so much dick

Don't know where the angry shit I posted when I was wasted went, but Travis Meeks is one of the greatest guitarists of all time and only kept getting better as a songwriter(he was only 17 when that first album came out). Seeing him live is an amazing thing. Dude is mega autistic and has been having trouble since the third album really. Was on an episode of Intervention.

Anyway, they have loads of brilliant stuff.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Don't know where the angry shit I posted when I was wasted went, but Travis Meeks is one of the greatest guitarists of all time and only kept getting better as a songwriter(he was only 17 when that first album came out). Seeing him live is an amazing thing. Dude is mega autistic and has been having trouble since the third album really. Was on an episode of Intervention.

Anyway, they have loads of brilliant stuff.

And actually the shit he's written for the fourth album that's leaked is the best shit he's ever done, not sure if he's gonna be able to pull it together to put it out unfortunately.

G

Never heard from them again after Oh Dara.

View attachment 92410
Anthony has AIDS.
Screenshot_20230130-221628_Gallery.jpg

[URL unfurl="true"]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaposi%27s_sarcoma[/URL]

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Does Evanescence count? They were so hyped yet only have a couple songs that all sounded the same and their singer Amy Lee seems to be a real pain in the ass. I know they still tour but I didn’t know anyone that actually liked them enough to go see them live. I think their signer just keeps firing everyone in the band but they have to tour under the band name so they even have a shot at selling tickets.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
These guys. That first album, and this song in particular, were everywhere and then their second album was totally different and flopped.

I still remember hearing “Electric Feel” for the first time and thought “whoa, this is cool” then they were pretty much done with that second album. Passion Pit was another that came and went real quick

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Forum Clout
Seriously. They fizzled out in the States, but they're legit rockstars in the UK and Europe.
Coldplay stole their essence.

I go deep with the Verve. I have fucking b-sides from Urban Hymns and A Northern Soul on my driving playlist. They're a vibe, mannnnn

They only fizzled out cus they broke up right after Urban Hymns, but they were getting huge in the States. They got back together later, but it was too little too late to catch that same momentum. They’re my very favorite of the britpop era. I still listen to them often.