• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW bands that were hyped as the next big thing and promptly disappeared into nothingness?

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
This is why I prefer bedroom musicians and solo artists. If they have talent they keep making music. You don't get any of the faggotry that comes with teenage boys in a band. This guy is never going to sue Napster

That was fucking amazing. But that dude is absolutely not a bedroom musician

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
One of the best albums and the dude opened for Robert Plant on tour, won a grammy, has written lots of great shit and you've never heard of him: see below

Last edited:

Harry Powell

Forum Clout
The two vines songs that I thought were decent at the time were:

Listening to them now, I think Highly Evolved is still okay, Outtatheway didn’t hold up for me.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
Foster the People had multiple hits over multiple albums in a genre that ain’t what it used to be. If you’re picking them your premise is already wrong. The real answer is a band like Capital Cities.

Absolutely gigantic mainstream success for about 9 months and then fell off the face of the earth.

You could make the case for nearly all of the major EDM players from 2012-14ish, at least in the US.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
You absolutely cannot put The Shins or Interpol in this category.
Why? The Shins were supposed to be huge. They're not. Look at the streams and views they have. Pretty much nothing. Interpol is basically in the same boat. Maybe they're still popular with people who are in their late 30's/early 40's, but they're not the huge names that they were supposed to be--

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
Why? The Shins were supposed to be huge. They're not. Look at the streams and views they have. Pretty much nothing. Interpol is basically in the same boat. Maybe they're still popular with people who are in their late 30's/early 40's, but they're not the huge names that they were supposed to be--
Neither of those bands ever got regular play on KISSFM type pop stations in their day. Unlike bands like The Strokes and Death Cab for Cutie who were receiving regular play at the time.

If you have no mainstream crossover appeal, especially in the early 2000s when rock still had a place on radio, how was your band penciled in as the next big thing?

Harry Powell

Forum Clout
They both had sustained success over multiple albums and still have big fan bases to this day.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Rock and roll's last gasp before nigger whore pop completely took over.
i still think the strokes' first album is all killer no filler

Absolutely gigantic mainstream success for about 9 months and then fell off the face of the earth.

You could make the case for nearly all of the major EDM players from 2012-14ish, at least in the US.
fuckin wretched. This kinda shit is part of something from around 2013 and on that I call "big drum music". Think insincere rudimentary banjo riffs, hand claps, and gang chants

G

No one dare post Paramore! I’ll go ballistic!

Screenshot_20230123-101952-916.png

[MEDIA=youtube]aCyGvGEtOwc[/MEDIA]