• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW bands that were hyped as the next big thing and promptly disappeared into nothingness?

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout

Vines were always gonna be a flash in the pain despite having one or two songs on that debut that I dig.

Foster The People’s Torches is a stone cold classic of it’s genre. I still listen to it. For that particular scene at that point in time, it was fantastic. He’s had a couple good songs since but nothing like that album.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Never heard from them again after Oh Dara.

50660584246_a64e48f21c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I like it when the industry tries to force a band into being big as a certain style is popular but they just can't get it right.

In the uk there was this band who hadn't even put out more than one song and we're tipped to be huge. Obviously all the journalists hyping them up were doing some record company a favour. They realised one single that got some airplay the singer was in a episode of peep show and that was it.

Oh and holy shit this band called Brother. They were cocky little bastard but got a lot of press during the indie boom. They called their debut "famous first words" but got dropped as it and they were SHIT. Somehow the music industry really pushed them they even did Letterman

Stealthygeekfan

SHE'S A NIGGER!!
Forum Clout
Well, bands first have to make it to be able to dissapear into nothingness.
Paramore were fucking huge for years among the faggot emo/scene crowd in the late 00's and regularly played arenas. They got even bigger after having music in those twilight movies and then the singer did that airplane song with some nigger and she blew up on her own. The whole band left but they didn't matter anyway and she just got nobodies to replace the nobodies.