• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Worst scene in The Sopranos.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
WHAT? That fucking scene is awesome! The guy wasn't being serious about the Crime and Punishment thing, he was just saying that Tony's crimes were so bad that he could MAYBE find redemption after years and years of self-reflection and guilt. He was telling her that the crimes of her husband would also infect Carmella and their children if she stayed. The only way she could wash herself of it was to leave that lifestyle entirely. She couldn't live on the blood money and stay married to Tony, while also trying to find a way to be an innocent bystander. She had to leave him, leave the house, and stop living on Mafia income if she wanted to be free. She ended up accepting it, and loving it, but like that shrink said, "One thing you can never say, is that you haven't been told."
He wasn't joking. What he said is exactly the type of unrealistic pseudo-intellectual bullshit people like him would spout off. It's the writer's way of highlighting Krakower's utter ignorance of who Tony is and what he's capable of. Tony might as well be a fucking martian to him. People like him and Melfi and Cusamano and every other sheltered, white-collar character lives in a totally different world than Tony does.

Would infect them? His crimes already had infected them. Meadow is an adult by that point and AJ is almost out of high school. If she had just up and left Tony without explanation like Krakower suggested, do you honestly think Tony would have just been fine with it and let her go? She would have had to leave her kids behind too and on top of that, Carmella had zero ability to support herself in the real world and no one to turn to.

On top of all that, Krakower's advice was just a cheap way out which would have let Carmella off the hook. Carmella didn't deserve to just up and escape the situation without consequence. Krakower was right in one instance when he called her an accomplice because that's what she was. She deserved to reap what she had sewn.
I like this scene a lot, and it's because of how I interpret how the series ends.

I didn't come to this conclusion on my own, but I agree with the idea that not only is Tony killed in the end, but AJ and Carmela are as well. Meadow, by chance, enters the diner late is "spared" the same fate, although she would have seen her family murdered firsthand.

The Jewish psychiatrist bluntly told Catholic Carmela to get out, lest Tony infect her and the kids. The Jew brings up Crime & Punishment, which is influenced by Christian theology. To punctuate this, he didn't even charge her because he "doesn't take blood money, and neither should you". She didn't listen and instead got Tony to fork out $50k for Meadow's tuition as some kind of justification.

AJ was doomed because he was content being propped up by that lifestyle. In the final season(s) he starts actually learning about secretive operations, the CIA, and mentions that he "could one day fly Donald Trump's plane" or some shit. He saw his connections as being a gateway to American power, which is what Tony alluded to to Dr. Melfi; "The Carnegies, the Rockefellers... but some of us (Italians) wanted a piece of the action". Sins of the father kind of a scenario.

Here's an example of Meadow at least being loyal to her family, but obviously hypocritical by obfuscating their real ties to the mob. Later throughout the series she starts distancing herself from her family; the relationship with Finn doesn't work out because he's terrified of who her family is associated with. Although she winds up in a relationship with Patsy's son, he's a doctor or lawyer and isn't involved in that business. She does work that positively influences human beings, whereas the rest of her family are actually a drain on society.

A lot of people criticise the show for many reasons, but I can't think of a show with better foreshadowing. Even Tony threatening to suffocate Christopher actually comes to fruition years later.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Worth noting that Breaking Bad did this same scene but 100 times gayer.

wtf this is terrible and the music sucks too

It can finally be said. Silvio Dante is fucking shit.
Ever since you made the Chip/Silvio comparison I've fucking hated Van Zandt ever since. You got to me. But I still stick with the rationalisation that it doesn't ruin the show because those stereotypical Italians 100% exist, and they're always involved in something shady. They look and sound stupid, and despite their clothes being highly expensive, they're gaudy and the colours don't match.

Basically, I kinda hate Silvio now because Van Zandt is a shitty actor and lacks subtlety, but the character is not a stretch for me. I can't decide whether I hate him or Robert Iler more.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I like this scene a lot, and it's because of how I interpret how the series ends.

I didn't come to this conclusion on my own, but I agree with the idea that not only is Tony killed in the end, but AJ and Carmela are as well. Meadow, by chance, enters the diner late is "spared" the same fate, although she would have seen her family murdered firsthand.
Why would AJ and Carm get killed? No one ever kills civilians unless they are losing their minds. Remember when Gerry Torciano is eating with Silvio and two prostitutes and they use the 'train' sound from Godfather. The hitter spares the women and Silvio even. Because Gerry was the only target. Everyone else survives. Whacking Carmela and AJ would cause a massive retaliation from all other mafia families and the FBI and police for the killing of AJ alone. When Phil's girlfriend and her father are killed it is a major point of contention for everyone.

Also the show drives home the JFK parallel over and over. JFK was killed but his wife was not killed. So if Tony dies Carmela likely lives.
The Jewish psychiatrist bluntly told Catholic Carmela to get out, lest Tony infect her and the kids. The Jew brings up Crime & Punishment, which is influenced by Christian theology. To punctuate this, he didn't even charge her because he "doesn't take blood money, and neither should you". She didn't listen and instead got Tony to fork out $50k for Meadow's tuition as some kind of justification.
He didn't take her money because he knows that if he gets involved with her he is getting involved with the mafia. Tony tells Carmela this to his wife when he tells her why he chose Melfi as his psychiatrist. He says it was not because she was a woman but because she was Italian and not jewish. Because he knew that the jewish psychiatrists would not see him. Which is proven right when he goes to that random psychiatrist who tells him "I've seen Analyze That....and I can't take new patients".
AJ was doomed because he was content being propped up by that lifestyle. In the final season(s) he starts actually learning about secretive operations, the CIA, and mentions that he "could one day fly Donald Trump's plane" or some shit. He saw his connections as being a gateway to American power, which is what Tony alluded to to Dr. Melfi; "The Carnegies, the Rockefellers... but some of us (Italians) wanted a piece of the action". Sins of the father kind of a scenario.
Meadow marries a mob lawyer whose father is a mafia captain. AJ was working with Carmine Jr.'s production company to make movies. Neither of them really escaped Tony's lifestyle in the end. But AJ at least wasn't in the mafia like his father which didn't happen for Tony. AJ is not nearly as bad as Tony and will likely never be in the actual mafia.
Here's an example of Meadow at least being loyal to her family, but obviously hypocritical by obfuscating their real ties to the mob. Later throughout the series she starts distancing herself from her family; the relationship with Finn doesn't work out because he's terrified of who her family is associated with. Although she winds up in a relationship with Patsy's son, he's a doctor or lawyer and isn't involved in that business. She does work that positively influences human beings, whereas the rest of her family are actually a drain on society.
Patsy's son is a mob lawyer. Meadow is going to be a mob lawyer as well. She tells her father at their sushi dinner that she chose to be a lawyer to defend people like her father because she hated how the FBI and police kept showing up to their house. The FBI seize AJ's personal computer just as a power play. As if Tony is storing mafia records in between AJ's sessions of Quake on his PC. Meadow ends up hating the government in the end.
A lot of people criticise the show for many reasons, but I can't think of a show with better foreshadowing. Even Tony threatening to suffocate Christopher actually comes to fruition years later.
The funniest one of that is when Livia tells AJ that seat-belts are extremely dangerous and get people killed. Then a few episodes later Sean and Matthew go to whack Christopher and Sean gets stuck in his seat because of the seat-belt and says 'fucking seat-belt' right before Christopher shoots him to death. Also Junior telling Mikey "some guys wanted to be buried in their jogging suits" and Mikey is later shot to death while jogging in his suit.

chewtoycock

$200 worth of dead meat
Forum Clout
Don't try to mischaracterize my accurate descriptions of your shitty, awful, annoying "devil may care" take on one of the most infamously terrible portrayals on any show ever done. You're sitting here saying some of the dumbest statements I've ever heard, and then trying to turn my obvious writings-off of your existence and opinions into somehow ME being the bad guy? Go fuck yourself, gaslighter.

You are so fucking stupid. You will probably sit through anything with a big, goofy grin on your face, happily cackling along to the garbage.
Just when I thought I was in on silvio, you pull me back out.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Why would AJ and Carm get killed? No one ever kills civilians unless they are losing their minds. Remember when Gerry Torciano is eating with Silvio and two prostitutes and they use the 'train' sound from Godfather. The hitter spares the women and Silvio even. Because Gerry was the only target. Everyone else survives. Whacking Carmela and AJ would cause a massive retaliation from all other mafia families and the FBI and police for the killing of AJ alone. When Phil's girlfriend and her father are killed it is a major point of contention for everyone.
Part of the theory is that the member's only jacket guy wore the same one Eugene wore on the episode where he commits suicide, alluding to the fact that he may have been a relative who was looking for personal revenge. So, through some cosmic retribution or karma, a guy nobody knows is the one to brutally do in the Sopranos because Tony caused Eugene to kill himself. Otherwise, what is the significance of Meadow arriving late? I think it signifies that she is "spared" from the punishment of her family's sins. Carmela was a hypocrite and her and AJ were complicit with Tony's criminality.

Also, Meadow is the only one who feels any guilt over any wrongdoing of hers; when Carmela and Tony tell the kids they're separating, she's the one who goes to her bedroom, thinks back on all the times she made her father's life unnecessarily more difficult, and regrets her behaviour and puts the blame on herself.

But anyway, I can't really refute any other points you made.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Ever since you made the Chip/Silvio comparison I've fucking hated Van Zandt ever since. You got to me. But I still stick with the rationalisation that it doesn't ruin the show because those stereotypical Italians 100% exist, and they're always involved in something shady.
I don't doubt it and i never said it ruined the show. I just bought it on DVD.

DMAN

Forum Clout
I apologize for saying I thought Silvio was fine on the show. I'm sorry i offended you.

Your idiocy was offensive, and all the stupid white niggers ribbing your backpedaling posts are just as dumb as you are.

THE SILVIO WHITE NIGGER LIST
@HomeRunCumia
@EraGodless
@HeyItsVos
@RedHeadpw2
@BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

The above users are Silvio Dante defenders, in a just world they would be decapitated in front of their families for allowing such stupidity as that faggot Van Zant taking up space on an excellent show.

DMAN

Forum Clout
I apologize for saying I thought Silvio was fine on the show. I'm sorry i offended you.

It's the fact that YOU felt the need to take a stand and let everyone know that SIlvio actually WASN'T an irritation, he was "FINE" in your low quality foreigner opinion, and that's supposed to mean what to us? The people who watched the show and hated his faggot guts get nothing out of you saying it was "fine" other than you, in other words, saying "I'm that dumb asshole who can't smell steeming shit, right in front of his faggot face. I have no senses. I can't tell the difference. It was fine." Shut up stupid.

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout
It's the fact that YOU felt the need to take a stand and let everyone know that SIlvio actually WASN'T an irritation, he was "FINE" in your low quality foreigner opinion, and that's supposed to mean what to us? The people who watched the show and hated his faggot guts get nothing out of you saying it was "fine" other than you, in other words, saying "I'm a dumb asshole who can't smell shit right in front of his faggot face. I have no senses. I can't tell the difference. It was fine." Shut up stupid.
9T5L.gif

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
The worst scene in The Sopranos is when Paulie is in jail and stares at a big nigger who is using the phone until he backs off. Then he yells at some other inmates to not change the tv channel, because the viewers need to be reminded how tough and in charge these old wops are.

The show was a power fantasy for guineas just as much as comic books are for dweebs.

"I’ll tell what a gold mine is: those mafia stories!"
"Yeah 'cause it gives 400 pound wops some hope!"