• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Worst city in the U.S?

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Probably wont count but it's an hour from Buffalo, New York, so at least give it consideration - St. Catharines, Ontario. I didn't realize the police still had to bulldoze tent cities until I discovered this place. And these aren't refugee camps, these are home grown junkies, so not even the most liberally minded jackoff can come up with an excuse for why they exist. Empty needles in every parking lot. At least 1 in 3 people on the street are speaking loudly to themselves, and it's not a fancy new headset.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
There are ridiculously poor areas in the southern most part of Texas- Rio Grande Valley and border towns or very close to the border. Some of these areas have colonias that have sporadic electricity and shit for plumbing. They also have "houses," that may or may not have floors. In lieu of floors, some of the houses just have caliche for floors.

The interesting part is although the area is poor as fuck, there's not a lot of violent crime. They're some of the safest parts in the US.

Last edited:

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
Places like NYC, DC, San Francisco... just be a tourist. Go see a broadway show or go to a museum instead of visiting the poor part of town. The violent thugs in Oakland don't hang out at Fisherman's Wharf.
To be honest I have little problem with being a tourist when going anywhere. The fact is I am a tourist, so why fight it? If I want to see a place like the locals do, I’ll move there. If the “authentic experience” mean escaping a slum alive, then I’ll just enjoy the manufactured experience. I don’t care what Anthony Bourdain said.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
To be honest I have little problem with being a tourist when going anywhere. The fact is I am a tourist, so why fight it? If I want to see a place like the locals do, I’ll move there. If the “authentic experience” mean escaping a slum alive, then I’ll just enjoy the manufactured experience. I don’t care what Anthony Bourdain said.
The paradox of being a local is that you don't go to the tourist areas much, if at all.