Workaround Youtube Ads on TV?

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Is there a way to do this without having to subscribe to YouTube premium? Hate commercials in general but extra tired of the shit they sandwhich in between shows for the kid. Also don't want to give google money.

Only way I can think of is streaming from a computer with an ad-block browser, but it gets kind of choppy unless I use an actual HDMI. They make bootleg apps for the phone, but 16, don't know dick when it comes to if Smart TVs have that capability.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Is there a way to do this without having to subscribe to YouTube premium? Hate commercials in general but extra tired of the shit they sandwhich in between shows for the kid. Also don't want to give google money.

Only way I can think of is streaming from a computer with an ad-block browser, but it gets kind of choppy unless I use an actual HDMI. They make bootleg apps for the phone, but 16, don't know dick when it comes to if Smart TVs have that capability.
Ugh stop being cheap and making up excuses and just get Premium.

YouTube has gotten much worse with ads over the past 3 or so years and it's just not worth trying to continue finding work arounds when you can just pay for the most effective and direct way to avoiding ads. Especially when you're using YouTube as your main source of entertainment.

G

YouTube vanced works on my phone. I used to use smart YouTube TV on my fire sticks, but haven't updated it in a while and it might be in obsolescence at this point
I think they've pushed the last update and after that it's kaput. Switch to Newpipe when that happens. Hell, get Newpipe now - it has youtube-dl built in and you can even download audio only to save space on your phone. The downside is that you can't sign into your account but really who cares.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'

YouTube has gotten much worse with ads over the past 3 or so years and it's just not worth trying to continue finding work arounds when you can just pay for the most effective and direct way to avoiding ads. Especially when you're using YouTube as your main source of entertainment.
I'm a man of principle, Art. And as such I refuse to give these fuckers a dime. They're already selling all our data anyway. Least they could do is not force me to sit through some faggoty insurance commercial trying to be funny. Or their subliminal racial programming with some niglet playing playdo with a little white girl.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I'm a man of principle, Art. And as such I refuse to give these fuckers a dime. They're already selling all our data anyway. Least they could do is not force me to sit through some faggoty insurance commercial trying to be funny. Or their subliminal racial programming with some niglet playing playdo with a little white girl.
Oh I agree, but I also can admit when they've won.

I'd rather use my privilege and pay to avoid having forced diversity ads shoved down my throat all the time.

The ads that feature a female gamer playing videogames competitively always make me laugh.

Go on Twitch, see how many women are gaming on there competitively and compare it how many women are on there just showing off their cleavage and taking donations from weirdos and pedophiles.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
somebody already said it, but you answered your own question. I think one of my machines has a 'DisplayPort' & a cheap >HDMI lead, seems to work fine for me & lets me have 3 displays, can stream-watch something on the TV & still post here
I might just do this and buy a remote that's compatible with the computer. The fire stick seems alright too but would rather not have that stupid Alexa shit in my house.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!

I got lucky and was grandfathered in with free premium along with my Google music account. Once they closed that and turned it into YouTube music I just contacted them and they gave it to me for free again.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Not to pile on more but youtube premium is worth every penny for the ad free videos alone. Plus you get some pretty good "free" movies, YouTube music ad free etc
I also like the ability to close my screen and continue to listen to whatever video or song is still playing. Definitely worth it.