• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What age is it unacceptable to live with your parents?

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I brought my parents a new house so they live in mine. I guess. Gave my sister their old one.

Most people my age have to rent now to move out. It's completely unaffordable. Only when their parents die do they move up. That'd make a great thriller boomers been slaughtered by their kids to get the house but attempting not to get caught

G

All circumstances are different but early to mid 30s i think its acceptable so long as you are actively working to purchase a house. Living with your parents during that time is much more practical than throwing money away at rent

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
moving out of your parents house is a jewish trick

mexicans live in their parents house, with their wife, saving up for their own house

culturally a lot of people live with their families, also during these shit economics, it really makes sense to stay home longer.

there is a difference from that, and being a bum with no job who does fuck all around the house. there is really no acceptable age for that
Arabs have the best formula. Whole extended family club together and buy the newlyweds a house. You spend the rest of your life buying other people houses but never renting/mortgaging is a winning move. I agree that staying with your parents and working/saving for a place is what you should be doing but going overseas and working in shithole countries is what I did instead and it worked out pretty well in terms of savings for a house.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Seems like now it’s not even seen as a failure to live with your parents if you at least have a job and pay your own bills since everything is so expensive. It might not be fun but at least you can put away money while living at home to save up for a down payment or start investing. Now if you’re a bum that can’t be bothered to get a real job in your 30s and asking your parents for money that’s a completely different story.

Toast

Forum Clout
I moved out a month after i turned 20. It was 2006, a simpler time, some would say a better time. It was April and my old man made the argument; why rent, just buy a place so you're at least putting equity into the place. So, I bought my $140k condo of which I had to have a separate loan for $13k for the down payment (which is now illegal i think). And then as you know the economy took a shit and my place dropped to $100k in value. Ended up trapped in that shithole till 2018 and still was only able to sell it for $120k.

Moral of the story: leech off your parents as long as possible and save as much as possible, before you get fucked.

G

Guess it's reliant on personality etc. I grew up in a very nice, comfortable family. Suburbs, family dinner every night etc. I couldn't wait to get out, and did at the first opportunity. Credit my dad. Paid for my education, clothes, food etc, but never gave me pocket money even though he could afford to.

At the time hated him for it, as all my friends were spoiled rotten. Love him for it now. So many of them blew all their breaks and never went anywhere. A couple killed themselves with drugs. I fucked up more than a few times, but was out of the house at 18 and never really looked back in terms of asking for financial support or housing.

Somehow living with 5 other dudes in a shitty house in Finsbury Park and sleeping on a pull-out couch but having my indepence beat sleeping in my own king-size bed under my parents roof and rules, past a certain age. Not going to lie though, got my laundry done by mum until around 21 and first real job.

Qqqq

Forum Clout
I’m 23 and moved into my moms basement for the next 2 years most likely cuz I just started grad school which is 2 miles from my moms house. Under any other circumstances I would’ve never moved back in with her. I do have to say that it’s going much better than expected so far

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Forum Clout
moving out of your parents house is a jewish trick

mexicans live in their parents house, with their wife, saving up for their own house

culturally a lot of people live with their families, also during these shit economics, it really makes sense to stay home longer.

there is a difference from that, and being a bum with no job who does fuck all around the house. there is really no acceptable age for that
Can confirm.

Lived at my spic/black mom's house till I finished community college, while having a decent job at age 26. By then I had enough money saved to buy my own apartment, help her move to the countryside and buy a lot of land next to her.

I love my mami...

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
A young person ought to want to move out as quickly as they are able. Living with roommates at first would give them appropriate independence and allow for them to save up for their own house eventually.

mewler is an old bitch confirmed

also women who wanna move out and get married at 18 were probably abused

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Now I only brought this up because I recently learned my cousin, who is 35, is still living with his parents and it's draining them mentally.

They were in town recently and it came up. He's never had a steady job in his life and they're trying to semi-retire but aren't able to with him around. When he is paying some sort of rent it's no more than $200 a month, and that's if he has a job at the time and is able to pay it.

I haven't spoken to him in years...

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Now I only brought this up because I recently learned my cousin, who is 35, is still living with his parents and it's draining them mentally.

They were in town recently and it came up. He's never had a steady job in his life and they're trying to semi-retire but aren't able to with him around. When he is paying some sort of rent it's no more than $200 a month, and that's if he has a job at the time and is able to pay it.

I haven't spoken to him in years...
This is how I believe Betsy Resto’s parents feel, stuck with a bum daughter that they have to care for because she can’t be trusted on her own. I have a female cousin kinda like you’re describing except if she wasn’t married to a guy who pays for supports then she would be back home with mom and unable to hold a decent job.