• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road

G

Yuuuuuge road warrior fan. I can quote every line (of Max's...).

Never got into fury road. I was turned off by how max (who is meant to be a badass) was completely cucked and turned into a slave at the start. I tapped out after the initial chase.

So I watched it again and...

It was actually good. They redeemed Max's character, although Tom Hardy is no Mel Gibson. And I'm not saying that just because it's the forum thing to praise Mel. Nobody but Mel can be Max, and he should've reprised this role.

Tom came across like a fucking retarded person in this one.

Better than road warrior? Hard to say... I'll go with no.

G

Quintessential movie that everyone loves and I can't figure out why? Just another post apocalypse action flick. I'll never get all the fuss.
I recently found out that road warrior was the first post apocalypse action flick that all movies afterwards ripped off.

G

Only if it's Tina Turner. If you can survive a left hook from Ike Turner, you run Bartertown.
Remembering her character made me cut Fury Road some slack about that. I don't care about strong women in films, but it seemed like it was just going for some political feminist trend bullshit... it was around the time of female ghostbusters, etc.

But she wasn't the main character. That was Nux.

G

It turned me off initially as well. But the end where she actually eats shit and almost died and max has to save her made it more realistic.

I probably won't be watching furosia.
That, and it's fair to think Max would have been weakened from losing all that blood and dehydration. I can suspend my disbelief that far for a fucking Mad Max movie. It's better than Thunderdome, not as good as the first two.

I also will probably skip Furiosa, although Anya Taylor-Joy is pretty talented. Why do we even need it? Part of the fun of these is that there's no set timeline or mythology.

G

A complaint I always had about Fury Road was that faggot guitar player with the flamethrower. I thought it was a cringy attempt at being "cool" or "badass" but only in a way a faggot redditor would be impressed by.

Like this

completefaggot.jpg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
One of the few reboots that would've actually benefitted from having the old lead reprise his role. Grizzled Mel would've been a better fit than Hardy, who had nothing to work with.

It's a movie whose greatness really does hinge on its sense of spectacle. The practical effects are amazing and it would've been a far shittier movie if they had just cg'd 90% of it like the suits were no doubt pressuring them to.

G

One of the few reboots that would've actually benefitted from having the old lead reprise his role. Grizzled Mel would've been a better fit than Hardy, who had nothing to work with.

It's a movie whose greatness really does hinge on its sense of spectacle. The practical effects are amazing and it would've been a far shittier movie if they had just cg'd 90% of it like the suits were no doubt pressuring them to.
I can really picture older Mel in all of those scenes, especially him tied to the car with the cage around his face. Such a fawkin' wasted opportunity.

G

My issue with the movie is that it was just stuff happening. I didn't care about any of the stuff. I get it. Cars are cool and so is the desert. But I see cars almost every day. Big woop.
Oh, the desert, another minus for Fury Road. They filmed it in fucking Africa. It didn't resemble Australia at all. I'm autistic when it comes to my deserts though, so that probably doesn't annoy anyone else on earth.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I can really picture older Mel in all of those scenes, especially him tied to the car with the cage around his face. Such a fawkin' wasted opportunity.
It does feel like the role was written with him in mind. Max is clearly way more unhinged than he was in the previous films, eating live lizards and having Vietnam flashbacks and all that, it makes Hardy Max look out-of-place weird but would make a lot more sense with an older, scruffier Mel Gibson. A good depiction of what'll happen to a man who lives most of his life in a world like that on his own.