Was the Band Heart Considered Cool in the 80's?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Here's the breakdown, as a musician:

Heart - Great but seem forgotten now, sadly

Poison - Go bite a pillow and never let go

Queen - Freddy may have been the biggest dinnermasher to ever live, but there's not one living lead singer in music that wouldn't kill their own mother to have his voice and range

Ray Wilson - Who?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
And my faggot neighbor loves to blast Whitesnake and Def Leppard from his garage.
There used to be a homeless guy around here that was always walking around shirtless screaming "Here I Go Again" at the top of his lungs. It wasn't good but I never saw anyone get annoyed by him. On three different occasions I heard three different people say "at least he's happy" when they saw him.

WWAWD Loverboy? Faggy sure but they're still fawkin doin it. Lead singer is fat as shit too but he can still hit the high notes

Anytime I feel bad about my weight or alcoholism, I pull this gem up:

maxresdefault.jpg

1) all of the hair metal bands were infuriating, because hot girls went crazy for them and it made me angry. When I was in high school I worked at a restaurant, and the two hottest girls on the team wouldn't give anyone under 25 the time of day, but every weekend they drove out to Hollywood to deliver vagina to whatever band was playing The Whisky or The Rainbow that night. One Sunday morning, I had to call one of them at home because they were late for their shift, and some dude answered the phone. You could tell from the echo that he was in bed with her and it made me so fucking mad. Like "why is that dude getting laid? I want to get laid. FUCK THAT GUY he probably wears lipstick." Jane's Addiction was probably the worst, I think they fucked about 25% of the high school girls I ever met.

2) By the 1980s, Heart and all the bands adjacent to them were total fucking sellouts and just generally awful. Heart was about as cool as Belinda Carlisle. The entire reason that Nirvana blew the fuck up was that The Cool Kids were listening to The Pixies and The Replacements but girls hated bands like that. The goth kids were listening to Joy Division. The cute Art School girls were listening to The Cure. Nobody knew what the fuck to do with the Smiths. Hair metal was super popular among women but I think that dudes basically pretended that they were only listening to it to get chicks. (Some of it wasn't terrible, Def Leppard had some good tracks.) Then Nirvana came along and just flipped the apple cart upside down.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
They started to suck when the chubby gal tried to glam herself up in the 80s with the home perm and the soft focus/Vaseline lense, but they got some of their coolness back when they started hanging around Jerry Cantrell

The King Of The Katz Is Dead, Long Live King Layne 👑🤘

1) all of the hair metal bands were infuriating, because hot girls went crazy for them and it made me angry. When I was in high school I worked at a restaurant, and the two hottest girls on the team wouldn't give anyone under 25 the time of day, but every weekend they drove out to Hollywood to deliver vagina to whatever band was playing The Whisky or The Rainbow that night. One Sunday morning, I had to call one of them at home because they were late for their shift, and some dude answered the phone. You could tell from the echo that he was in bed with her and it made me so fucking mad. Like "why is that dude getting laid? I want to get laid. FUCK THAT GUY he probably wears lipstick." Jane's Addiction was probably the worst, I think they fucked about 25% of the high school girls I ever met.
LOL girls are so fucking stupid. I remember multiple girls telling me how hot Rob Halford was and how they'd fuck him in a heartbeat. That would have gone well. I remember girls creaming over that pussy in Skid Row, who I genuinely thought was a girl the first time I saw him. There was a band around here called American Angel, and girls would squeal over their singer, the hilariously named Rocco Fury, who was as poncy as it gets. It was a baffling phenomenon.