This doesn't seem scientifically sound

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
When you put it like that and don't just smugly say "Ummmm, because I don't wanna murder nazi everyone, sweaty." It's a lot easier to understand.
If you aren’t fat or old or a sickly diseased person you don’t need it. If it works then it doesn’t matter if these people are vaxxed anyway. If it doesn’t stop anybody catching or spreading it then what’s the point either way?

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
If you aren’t fat or old or a sickly diseased person you don’t need it.
It depends what you're willing to put up with. COVID19 - the original COVID - causes scarring and clotting throughout the body. That's why you hear about permanent side effects like heart damage, lung damage, brain damage, permanent loss of taste and smell, and erection difficulties. That comedian Bryan Callen was fit and healthy going in, had it for a couple of weeks, and now keeps complaining that nothing tastes good anymore. Lots of foods have bad or off tastes that we don't notice (coffee's got a fishy taste going on, for example) and now that Bryan's nerves are fucked and he can't taste the main flavours, all he gets is the nasties. That Nick Cordero was surprisingly not a faggot fit and healthy going in, fought it for a month or so, had a couple of limbs removed due to the clotting and scarring, and died. Plus there's a good chunk of people who've had it twice.

The next problem is that we're currently breeding millions of new variants amongst the unvaccinated - the record I've seen is eight in one dude, that eventually killed him - and they are currently looking worse. That Delta variant's started putting more kids in hospital, for example. Like I said, if it happens overseas we can stop it; if it happens in the US....

If it doesn’t stop anybody catching or spreading it then what’s the point either way?
It does unless people break it by breeding new variants.

The way I see it, I'm going to have to gamble on my health anyway, and the Pfizer vaccine seems lower risk bet than a bout or two of COVID.

TokenX

I'm just this guy you know?
It depends what you're willing to put up with. COVID19 - the original COVID - causes scarring and clotting throughout the body. That's why you hear about permanent side effects like heart damage, lung damage, brain damage, permanent loss of taste and smell, and erection difficulties. That comedian Bryan Callen was fit and healthy going in, had it for a couple of weeks, and now keeps complaining that nothing tastes good anymore. Lots of foods have bad or off tastes that we don't notice (coffee's got a fishy taste going on, for example) and now that Bryan's nerves are fucked and he can't taste the main flavours, all he gets is the nasties. That Nick Cordero was surprisingly not a faggot fit and healthy going in, fought it for a month or so, had a couple of limbs removed due to the clotting and scarring, and died. Plus there's a good chunk of people who've had it twice.

The next problem is that we're currently breeding millions of new variants amongst the unvaccinated - the record I've seen is eight in one dude, that eventually killed him - and they are currently looking worse. That Delta variant's started putting more kids in hospital, for example. Like I said, if it happens overseas we can stop it; if it happens in the US....

It does unless people break it by breeding new variants.

The way I see it, I'm going to have to gamble on my health anyway, and the Pfizer vaccine seems lower risk bet than a bout or two of COVID.
You gonna get the (((booster))) shots?

FurBurger

You gonna get the (((booster))) shots?
Booster, no - but if a sufficiently weird variant comes out I'll get a shot for it, too.

Funny you should mention ((them)) too - part of what convinced me to go Pfizer over other shots was that Israel had injected millions of their population with it, to no major ill effect. Plus, they withheld it from their non-Jewish population, which is a second vote of confidence.

I figure they'd know better than anyone if it's safe or not.

FurBurger

The problem is the left has completely weaponized this issue like they've done with identity politics. People are fucking fed up with the hypocrisy, the moving goal posts, and the lies.
I can't help if dickheads like Pat sound off in favour of masks and the vaccine, any more than you can help having Brother Joe being against them.

This mortality rate on Covid is ridiculously low unless you are old, morbidly obese, or have comorbidities. These type of people die every year from regular flu.
Which is:
  1. Fine if neither you, nor anyone you care about (parents, grandparents, cancer patients, transplant patients etc.). Understand that as soon as you have someone with skin in the game - and a shitload of people do - your opinion will change. To put that in perspective, about 20% of 18-29 year olds have one or more of them (often not visible - plenty of healthy people get the autoimmune type of diabetes for example) and it goes up from there. You likely have people you care about that are at risk, either from a comorbidity they have that you don't know about, or one they don't know they have.
  2. It's not just death you need to worry about - it causes scarring and clotting throughout the body, even in healthy people. Picture going through the rest of your life with all food and drink tasting like garbage (because the nerves in your tastebuds and smell receptors are fucked, and only detect the off-tastes in food) and your dick don't work. Both are side effects of getting the Wu Flu - but hey - you're not dead so it doesn't count, right? And those are the old side effects; let's hope whatever's currently breeding amongst the unvaccinated isn't worse (although the Delta variant is).
  3. Way more people are dying of this than the flu. Masks, handwashing etc. have dropped flu levels to the point where epidemiologists are genuinely wondering whether some strains are extinct.

They wouldnt shut down flights from China because that was racist. Obviously that should have happened for the reasons you highlighted above.
I wholeheartedly agree. Worth noting that China locked the fuck down.

The vaccines aren't FDA approved and the biotechs are shielded from lawsuits.
Complain to your congress critter. At this point the big two (AZ and Pfizer) have been given to enough people without major issue that shield should be removed.

The lockdowns were to flatten the curve. It was supposed to be 15 days, but they decided to shut the country down for 16 months instead. Small businesses were shuttered due to unfair/illogical rules and laws.
I don't know where that 15 day thing came from - it seemed clear to me that they'd lock down whenever cases started rising. Illogical/unfair laws are due to local, stupid, politicians. Vote for better ones.

Where I live they've been pretty reasonable and flexible.

Fauci said we shouldn't wear masks when it all started because they didn't work.

Remember all the videos early in the pandemic of people getting into fistfights over toilet paper? Fauci's an epidemiologist - he doesn't just study disease, he studies people's reactions to diseases; and he knows if he orders masks too early people will hoard them and the Intensive Care Units looking after the most at-risk people won't be able to get them.

As for memory holed... you're right, but backwards. Fauci went on national TV and told people not to wear masks because it would lead to shortages. Wanna see?

Here's his 60 minute interview from March 2020:

Watch the last 15 seconds of it, where he says he's not against wearing masks and but they "could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it". That last bit is a word-for-word quote.

If you're being told he said something different - and I first saw that clip in March last year, so it hasn't been changed - you're being lied to.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I can't help if dickheads like Pat sound off in favour of masks and the vaccine, any more than you can help having Brother Joe being against them.

Which is:
  1. Fine if neither you, nor anyone you care about (parents, grandparents, cancer patients, transplant patients etc.). Understand that as soon as you have someone with skin in the game - and a shitload of people do - your opinion will change. To put that in perspective, about 20% of 18-29 year olds have one or more of them (often not visible - plenty of healthy people get the autoimmune type of diabetes for example) and it goes up from there. You likely have people you care about that are at risk, either from a comorbidity they have that you don't know about, or one they don't know they have.
  2. It's not just death you need to worry about - it causes scarring and clotting throughout the body, even in healthy people. Picture going through the rest of your life with all food and drink tasting like garbage (because the nerves in your tastebuds and smell receptors are fucked, and only detect the off-tastes in food) and your dick don't work. Both are side effects of getting the Wu Flu - but hey - you're not dead so it doesn't count, right? And those are the old side effects; let's hope whatever's currently breeding amongst the unvaccinated isn't worse (although the Delta variant is).
  3. Way more people are dying of this than the flu. Masks, handwashing etc. have dropped flu levels to the point where epidemiologists are genuinely wondering whether some strains are extinct.

Complain to your congress critter. At this point the big two (AZ and Pfizer) have been given to enough people without major issue that shield should be removed.

I don't know where that 15 day thing came from - it seemed clear to me that they'd lock down whenever cases started rising. Illogical/unfair laws are due to local, stupid, politicians. Vote for better ones.

Remember all the videos early in the pandemic of people getting into fistfights over toilet paper? Fauci's an epidemiologist - he doesn't just study disease, he studies people's reactions to diseases; and he knows if he orders masks too early people will hoard them and the Intensive Care Units looking after the most at-risk people won't be able to get them.

As for memory holed... you're right, but backwards. Fauci went on national TV and told people not to wear masks because it would lead to shortages. Wanna see?

Watch the last 15 seconds of it, where he says he's not against wearing masks and but they "could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it". That last bit is a word-for-word quote.

If you're being told he said something different - and I first saw that clip in March last year, so it hasn't been changed - you're being lied to.

Vaccines are gay, dude. You sound real gay.

G

Which is:
  3. Way more people are dying of this than the flu. Masks, handwashing etc. have dropped flu levels to the point [URL='https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/1003020235/certain-strains-of-flu-may-have-gone-extinct-because-of-pandemic-safety-measures']where epidemiologists are genuinely wondering whether some strains are extinct.[/URL]

I wholeheartedly agree. Worth noting that [URL='https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/Whathappensif/how-china-locked-down-internally-for-covid-19-but-pushed-foreign-travel/']China locked the fuck down.[/URL]

[MEDIA=youtube]PRa6t_e7dgI:73[/MEDIA]

Appreciate the detailed response. Unfortunately, the government, media, and wokescolds never provided such cogent arguments. But it was never about being calm and rational... like Rahm Emanuel famously said: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”

I'm one of those asshole libertarian types so I hate being told what to do, especially with my body. I've never gotten a flu shot in my life. And when the CNN/MSNBCs and Patricks of the world tell me I'm a bad person for being skeptical... well fuck it even more. My wife and I had Covid and survived. As far as I'm concerned, I have some level of immunity. I support my parents getting the vaxx, but this (((jab))) ain't for me.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.

Which is:

I’ve actually agreed with the majority of things you’ve been saying here. However, writing your congressmen will never do anything even if 90% of his constituency does it. They will simply reposition. Voting won’t do anything because people people still believe in the idea of “Democrat Vs Republican” despite it not mattering to any degree. We run more into the problems of democracy in this situation than anything. As an example libertarians should have at least gotten 5% in 2016, they didn’t. Never bothered looking in 2020 but I’m sure they didn’t. Point being pretty much the entire worlds mindset would have to change in order to create effective and “fair” government. Which probably isn’t going to happen.

G

I’ve actually agreed with the majority of things you’ve been saying here. However, writing your congressmen will never do anything even if 90% of his constituency does it. They will simply reposition. Voting won’t do anything because people people still believe in the idea of “Democrat Vs Republican” despite it not mattering to any degree. We run more into the problems of democracy in this situation than anything. As an example libertarians should have at least gotten 5% in 2016, they didn’t. Never bothered looking in 2020 but I’m sure they didn’t. Point being pretty much the entire worlds mindset would have to change in order to create effective and “fair” government. Which probably isn’t going to happen.
Until there’s rank choice voting, this shit will never change. All the NPCs just vote for the people they’re told to vote for so the Tulsi Gabbards of the world never have a chance. At least libertarians or Green Party are trying to do something different than status quo. But “they don’t have a chance” because they get buried by the two party, “Coke vs Pepsi” system.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Until there’s rank choice voting, this shit will never change. All the NPCs just vote for the people they’re told to vote for so the Tulsi Gabbards of the world never have a chance. At least libertarians or Green Party are trying to do something different than status quo. But “they don’t have a chance” because they get buried by the two party, “Coke vs Pepsi” system.
Don’t see how rank choice voting solves any problems. The issue is human. It might theoretically make it more “fair” but with any system it will be manipulated without fail to create a ruling class. The issue with humans and the idea of government is mainly information and the way we process it. As an example, most people don’t understand or care to understand the intricacies of their own local governments. Now add state. Now add federal. Now add global. A person in NYC doesn’t understand the intricacies of the issues in DFW. No form of voting or government can fix this. I’m not even accounting for the stream of information, and who the censors are either. European countries have more parties and a more elaborate system in socialism but as we’ve seen it doesn’t solve this very basic problem.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
It’s actually nice to have someone like FurBurger who can come in and explain the other side of the argument without resorting to “you’re all nazis that are murdering the country and should be put in camps until Papa Biden saves us all” like a certain portly author we all know and love. Just kinda drops some facts, inserts a bit of opinions on it, and moves on. See how that’s done Fatso?

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
It’s actually nice to have someone like FurBurger who can come in and explain the other side of the argument without resorting to “you’re all nazis that are murdering the country and should be put in camps until Papa Biden saves us all” like a certain portly author we all know and love. Just kinda drops some facts, inserts a bit of opinions on it, and moves on. See how that’s done Fatso?
Again, you are wrong in every detail, stlaker. No he cannot come in and “explain” the other side. No I am not “portly”. No you do not love me or know me. No he does not “drop some facts, inserts a bit of opinions on it, and moves on”. No child, I do not see how it’s done. Quietly, stlaker. Quietly is the key.

TokenX

I'm just this guy you know?
Booster, no - but if a sufficiently weird variant comes out I'll get a shot for it, too.

Funny you should mention ((them)) too - part of what convinced me to go Pfizer over other shots was that Israel had injected millions of their population with it, to no major ill effect. Plus, they withheld it from their non-Jewish population, which is a second vote of confidence.

I figure they'd know better than anyone if it's safe or not.
That's fair. I found that odd too. But then again I wouldn't put it past them to pull a Serbian Jew double bluff and inject saline, or simply not give a shit about their own kind. Cause Bourla's a veternarian and they got old Bibi out of there.

Last edited: