• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Menu (2022) on HBO Max

G

I only watched the first 5 minutes and hated it instantly. I usually give comedies 10 minutes, but the fake American accents, unnatural dialogue and this guy said to turn it off.

I have an irrational hatred of him in every movie.

View attachment 88857

I never even got to the part with Ranulph Fiennes, and I love that guy.
Ralph Fiennes. Ranulph is the explorer

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
He also ruined The Martian. Apart from Matt Damon who the role was written for almost every part was horribly cast.

I honestly cannot remember a thing about The Martian and I usually like Ridley Scott movies, even the ones that other people don't, like Hannibal and Prometheus.

What a forgettable piece of shit that movie was.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
I honestly cannot remember a thing about The Martian and I usually like Ridley Scott movies, even the ones that other people don't, like Hannibal and Prometheus.

What a forgettable piece of shit that movie was.

It's a good example of why you shouldn't follow a book too closely. A book can cut back and forth between characters and locations and still maintain the mystery of how events will unfold. When they do it in a movie and cut to a multi million dollar set you know immediately that multi million dollar set and all star cast is going to have a key role.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Really? He didn't make her part of the "team" and explicitly state that she was also going to die?

She didn't read an article about the chefs start as a short order cook at a burger joint? That didn't lead her to ordering a burger "To go" as way out?

Jesus.

How is that outsmarting anyone? This wasn't an episode of Survivor. After she killed that chink the plot basically demanded it.

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
I thought that movie had a fun premise but mostly stunk. They had a large cast and gave most of them nothing, besides Ralph Fiennes and the ET chick. The ending was incredibly stupid and telegraphed from the start.

For some reason there is a burst of “anti mega rich” films out lately with this, Triangle of Sadness and Glass Onion. It’s always a laugh when multimillionaires take a stand against the wealthy.
Just finished it and this is roughly my take. The idea would have been awesome if it was an actual horror and not a “2smart4u” sharthouse circle jerk about *rich people bad* written by rich jews.