• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Departed (2006)

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
It is embarrassing. Real people in Boston usually have marbles in their mouths and mumble all the time. People in the movies talk clear and concise, but just make sure not to pronounce the R at the end of a few words and they have their Boston accent.

Remember in Gone Baby Gone they had some random local rapper play someone in a scene? He was white, I believe heavy set, and had one or two speaking roles? He sounded like a Boston guy and that's why they didn't use him much.
Like the real Baltimore people on The Wire. The real jay landsman had a heavy accent. And vice principal of the middle school.

I used to get annoyed watching movies set in the city I grew up in too since the locations (if they even film there) are nowhere near or look nothing like that place but then I figured only people who grew up there would recognize it. One though for a night time skyline shot they us LA as a stand in. Looks fucking nothing like it

Last edited:
G

Remember in Gone Baby Gone they had some random local rapper play someone in a scene? He was white, I believe heavy set, and had one or two speaking roles? He sounded like a Boston guy and that's why they didn't use him much.
The drug dealer who takes Casey Affleck to the fiends' house where the pedophile murdered the little boy? Dumps the packet of "wizzer" on the carpet and the fat cunt and guy from Scarface/Breaking Bad drop to their knees and start snorting. Affleck used him again in The Town, slightly bigger part as one of his heist crew.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
The drug dealer who takes Casey Affleck to the fiends' house where the pedophile murdered the little boy? Dumps the packet of "wizzer" on the carpet and the fat cunt and guy from Scarface/Breaking Bad drop to their knees and start snorting. Affleck used him again in The Town, slightly bigger part as one of his heist crew.
Yup. I remember that. Lol you broke down the character wonderfully.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
I watched the beginning with the kid being kidnapped and kinda noped out at that. Not like it brought back any freaky personal memories or anything. I’m just kinda squeamish like that.

Also, I really don’t like Sean Penn. I mean normally I don’t let how I feel about an actor’s behavior influence how I watch their movies but I really want to shove him into a meat grinder alive like that scene in Rumble in the Bronx.

Would you recommend?
I liked Mystic River a lot. Made me feel lots of different things if I'm bein' honest.

G

Another good one they filmed in Chelsea was the equalizer with Denzel.

He gets a call saying they'll kill a hostage if he's not there in 30 minutes and it cuts to him on the MBTA bus. Like anybody in a time crunch like that is taking a city bus. So stupid.

Chelsea is full of frumpy ass central Americans. None of them drive and they have no train station so it's funny to see them all pressed up against the windows on the bus that goes over the bridge.

G

Boston now has so many transplants that almost no one in the city proper sounds like that anymore. You really need to go to southie, Charlestown, or some of those North Shore dumps to hear it.
I'm convinced there is some kind of planned tranny invasion going on here, I'm seeing a huge increase in the last year....and not just as bedfellows :image_9248:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
It’s an odd movie and was different than I expected when I first saw it. It’s disjointed and cartoonish and seems like it was made by someone with ADHD. Plus it was one of the seemingly endless Boston movies that came out during that time, so that’s a strike against it.

Still I like it and watch it when it comes on.
There are three main plotlines in the film. DiCaprio being undercover. Matt Damon being a gang member secretly. And Jack Nicholson being an FBI informant. Numbers one and two are stolen from some foreign asian film. Number three is a pointless adaptation of the Whitey Bulger story that has no depth to it at all. They basically just took a foreign film and added in another storyline.

My favorite part about The Departed is that Matt Damon's character is humiliated by being a closeted homosexual who cannot get a rod with women. And his girlfriend basically throws it in his face in a passive aggressive way. If they remade The Departed today the therapist would be a man and the entire cast would be open fags.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Another good one they filmed in Chelsea was the equalizer with Denzel.

He gets a call saying they'll kill a hostage if he's not there in 30 minutes and it cuts to him on the MBTA bus. Like anybody in a time crunch like that is taking a city bus. So stupid.

Chelsea is full of frumpy ass central Americans. None of them drive and they have no train station so it's funny to see them all pressed up against the windows on the bus that goes over the bridge.
There has always been the one train station, but for the commuter rail, so it's useless for the most part unless you're going up to the North Shore, which none of these wettties do.

I used to have to take the 111 bus to go to Middle and High School and would be surrounded by wetties every damn morning

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I watched the beginning with the kid being kidnapped and kinda noped out at that. Not like it brought back any freaky personal memories or anything. I’m just kinda squeamish like that.

Also, I really don’t like Sean Penn. I mean normally I don’t let how I feel about an actor’s behavior influence how I watch their movies but I really want to shove him into a meat grinder alive like that scene in Rumble in the Bronx.

Would you recommend?
Mystic River is great and absolutely worth watching. To me, it's Eastwood's best film as a director.