Thank fucking god we never got the Anthony and Jim show.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
It would have been fucking unlistenable. The most likely reality would be having it on Compound. It would be a 3 hour show filled with such riveting topics as:

•Complaining about airlines and sccccccumbag waitresses.
•Blatant racism with fence sitting tip toeing Jim
•Nonstop Uncle Paul and Chip
•Unfunny Shining references for the whole show

I almost, almost, respect the worm for turning Ant down everytime he got offered a gig. I seriously think even if Anthony offered Jim a million + to do the show Jim wouldn’t take it. Remember: Norton is a faggot and knows exactly what went down at the Compound per Danny. Jim knew that if he did the show his career would tank in terms of exposure, possibly get wrapped up in allegations through connections with Ant, couldn’t be around an alcoholic environment due to his hardcore sobriety, and probably just knew doing a show with JUST Ant would have eventually become tiring.

Is Nana still doing Chip every single week while Norton does TACS once a quarter at best?

I honestly have no idea who Nana's guests are anymore. The show has zero buzz and not even the /r/tacn ballwashers ever seem to post about anyone ever being on the show (other than the constant bitching about Geno/Chrissie/Gavin)

G

his hardcore sobriety
Screenshot_20230123-101952-916.png

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
It would have been fucking unlistenable. The most likely reality would be having it on Compound. It would be a 3 hour show filled with such riveting topics as:

•Complaining about airlines and sccccccumbag waitresses.
•Blatant racism with fence sitting tip toeing Jim
•Nonstop Uncle Paul and Chip
•Unfunny Shining references for the whole show

I almost, almost, respect the worm for turning Ant down everytime he got offered a gig. I seriously think even if Anthony offered Jim a million + to do the show Jim wouldn’t take it. Remember: Norton is a faggot and knows exactly what went down at the Compound per Danny. Jim knew that if he did the show his career would tank in terms of exposure, possibly get wrapped up in allegations through connections with Ant, couldn’t be around an alcoholic environment due to his hardcore sobriety, and probably just knew doing a show with JUST Ant would have eventually become tiring.
I fucking hate nopie shows those two fags with no one to throw ideas to them. Are soo fucking boring. I mean hearing Opie talk about sports he knows nothing about and his fuckin parenting as well as brining on bruer sucked too. But no where near as bad as nopie shows. And as I got older I actually enjoyed Opie talking about radio the one subject he knew very well.

Wild

I love media!
I fucking hate nopie shows those two fags with no one to throw ideas to them. Are soo fucking boring. I mean hearing Opie talk about sports he knows nothing about and his fuckin parenting as well as brining on bruer sucked too. But no where near as bad as nopie shows. And as I got older I actually enjoyed Opie talking about radio the one subject he knew very well.
I actually listened to a few Nopie shows recently and I disagree. I think the two of them together for every show would quickly devolve into this boring rhythm, kinda like the Bonfire did, but you can tell the atmosphere the show has when they have guests on and Opie isn't there with his autistic chiming every three jokes to make sure the room knows he exists.

G

Which is why I always say the best shows are the ones without Norton. Even during the years they hated each other, when Jim wasn't there they got along spectacularly. On the "are you a lizard" show with Louis CK they had a conversation about how corporate America was killing society and all three of them were being entertaining as hell.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
The only thing Anthony and Jim did together that really made me laugh was the old yenta voices. And they got a liittle too comfy doing it.

Jim Norton was a wrecking ball who tarnished the O&A brand. He made contributions, like some of the vernacular. And some of the comic lingo like calling out bombs. Other than that Jimmy ruined the flow, constantly stepped on bits and ruined the punchlines or a setup for Anthony.

Rich Vos is the one who really changed the show for the better and introduced Patrice and all the useful people. Norton put up a fight for Sean Rouse. Good job Jim.

The "cunt won't even look at me" text is a prevailing point: Anthony and Jim LIVED to make Opie miserable, to provoke him, to fuck with him personally and professionally. They reveled in it. They bonded over it. They celebrated it in private like cowards. When confronted wha happen? Anthony slinks and lies. Like a FAGGOT

G

Which is why I always say the best shows are the ones without Norton. Even during the years they hated each other, when Jim wasn't there they got along spectacularly. On the "are you a lizard" show with Louis CK they had a conversation about how corporate America was killing society and all three of them were being entertaining as hell.
Agreed. I remember turning on the show one day, 2013ish and hearing Norton was gone. I initially expected it to suck, but O&A did a great hour or so before whichever comedian joined them. Might have been Soder. This was a revelation at the time since I didn't hear of the show until 2011 and didn't listen regularly until 2012.

Renaus

Lol Jim didn't do it because he's a fucking worm, there's nothing respectable about it

Unless he's trying to sell you something or trying get some use out of you you are not human to him. He hired an ape to tackle fans for years lol
Doing a show with Ant would be a social suicide. Jim wouldn't be able to put the breaks on Ant talking about politics or blacks.

Opie has never said anything funny in his life. But he's a psychopath, and his willingness to put guests in incredibly uncomfortable situations made for great radio. It wouldn't work without people making jokes, but I can't see Jim or Ant:

* Bringing Tucker Max on, and then shitting on him for the duration of his interview

* Bringing Steve the Whistler on and just making things incredibly awkward

Opie is the kind of dude who'd pull the wings off a fly, just for the fun of it