• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Tears of the Kingdom Hate Thread

G

I tried to give this shit a chance. Possibly the most boring thing I've ever played. Remember when video games were supposed to be fun? Not prancing through a breezy whimsical meadow collecting sticks?

I knew I was in for a bad time when Zelda started talking with an aggravating british accent m8.

Gay fucking shit. I know it's reddit's favorite game so I almost stayed away, but then @Minaw said he was enjoying it so I thought fuck it.

I'm going to throw my switch in the trash and play Mad Max (2015) again instead.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It’s overrated as shit. Just feels like DLC for breath of the wild. Few hours in and I’m already bored of it. The building mechanic is so fiddly with all the weird rotation options. You can stick a fan on a raft and it moves faster??? Absolutely revolutionary 😮🤯

Boooooo

G

It’s overrated as shit. Just feels like DLC for breath of the wild. Few hours in and I’m already bored of it. The building mechanic is so fiddly with all the weird rotation options. You can stick a fan on a raft and it moves faster??? Absolutely revolutionary 😮🤯

Boooooo
Then why'd you keep this a secret? Why didn't you tell me before I handed over my hard earned panera money?

Funny how a game like hotline miami is 50 times more enjoyable and was only made by 2 people.

HotDogJoe

Then why'd you keep this a secret? Why didn't you tell me before I handed over my hard earned panera money?

Funny how a game like hotline miami is 50 times more enjoyable and was only made by 2 people.

I’m so sorry, Torquie. Maybe it gets better further in. Feels like a lazy cash grab atm though.

Nice using the exact same map as the first game with a few sky islands thrown in, stupids.

G

I’m so sorry, Torquie. Maybe it gets better further in. Feels like a lazy cash grab atm though.

Nice using the exact same map as the first game with a few sky islands thrown in, stupids.
It took them 6 years to make that shit. I don't even care if it was hastily made or a cash grab tbh, just make it fun. It isn't even fun.

HotDogJoe

It took them 6 years to make that shit. I don't even care if it was hastily made or a cash grab tbh, just make it fun. It isn't even fun.

You don’t think spending 5 minutes trying to grapple with non sensical rotation mechanics to stick a few logs together so you can move to the next area is fun?? :image_4848::image_4848_m::image_4848:

G

You don’t think spending 5 minutes trying to grapple with non sensical rotation mechanics to stick a few logs together so you can move to the next area is fun?? :image_4848::image_4848_m::image_4848:
Oh yeah I gave up when I had to do that shit, that's literally when I stopped playing.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
When? And how does it get better?
You get used to the shitty building controls and it stops being an issue for one. When you go underground you unlock blueprints which let you build premade things and the last 4 or 5 things you have built. You unlock steering platforms you can place on contraptions, every dungeon you finish you get a spirit with a skill that you can use (a bird that creates a forward gust of wind and a Goron that can smash rocks and leave a trail of fire which is great on grass as it gives you a line your glide fast on.) If you rewind time on blocks that fall from the sky they sometimes lead to islands that have puzzles on them. I don't know how long I have played so far but I feel like I'm not even half way done and I'm still having fun just exploring the map. I didn't expect to like this game as much as I do.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I'm enjoying it. The underworld is interesting and scary as shit at times, especially when the hands are after you. You can also build an ion cannon contraption that nukes any boss from orbit.

Just get past the tutorial speedbump and there's a great game behind it.
Have you killed those hands yet? I did and it spawned Shadow Gannon. Didn't even try to kill him I just warped out like a pussy.

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Have you killed those hands yet? I did and it spawned Shadow Gannon. Didn't even try to kill him I just warped out like a pussy.
Killed the hands but haven't killed a SG yet. I tried to and got my shit pushed in. SG has a pool of gloom at his feet that moves around with him, so I think you can only beat them with flurry attacks.

The gloom mechanic is brutal but is probably my favorite part of the game so far, it makes it so you can't eat to recover hearts mid battle.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Killed the hands but haven't killed a SG yet. I tried to and got my shit pushed in. SG has a pool of gloom at his feet that moves around with him, so I think you can only beat them with flurry attacks.

The gloom mechanic is brutal but is probably my favorite part of the game so far, it makes it so you can't eat to recover hearts mid battle.
Yeah I really like that too. I don't remember if BotW was so full of stuff to find while exploring like this one is (I tapped out pretty early when I played that and am wondering if I just didn't give it enough time).

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Yeah I really like that too. I don't remember if BotW was so full of stuff to find while exploring like this one is (I tapped out pretty early when I played that and am wondering if I just didn't give it enough time).
BOTW was basically the same, has less content than TOTK but was still impressive for it's time. Story was probably BOTW's greatest weakness, TOTK's story is way better.