• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Sure, Pig

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
All the best artists, writers, and musicians just see flaws in their work. All the worst ones think their work is "god-tier."

Pat doesn't have imposter syndrome and he cries at how great his work is, so he sells 10 books a year.
i mean you're essentially just describing the mechanism behind dunning kruger effect, illusory superiority.

In social psychology, illusory superiority is a cognitive bias wherein a person overestimates their own qualities and abilities compared to other people. Illusory superiority is one of many positive illusions, relating to the self, that are evident in the study of intelligence, the effective performance of tasks and tests, and the possession of desirable personal characteristics and personality traits. Overestimation of abilities compared to an objective measure is known as the overconfidence effect.

G

I’ve never heard an author talk so much about shit they haven’t published or even finished
View attachment 172122
It took you 3 years to finish a nonsense tiny Tim book. Of course he thinks it’s a “banger” (stop, you’re 43) because he thinks everything he writes is gold.

Publisher: "Your client is seeking another three-book deal? Frankly I'm a little taken aback, borderline insulted really. After all, it's taken, what, three years for Patrick to write this shi... er, this Tiny Tim thing...

"Let me remind you that I'm in the publishing business, and don't let anyone wax poetic or tell you otherwise, this business is about two things and two things only: 'Quantity' and 'Schedules.' 'Quality' is barely even a concept to us, like the Pythagorean Theorem may be a concept to a supermarket clerk behind the register where they're just adding and subtracting all day... your client should consider himself fortunate in this respect, but I digress...

"So Quantity and Schedules: what the fuck am I talking about? It's simple, we sign authors who (A) write lots of books, and (B) write them in a consistent, timely manner. Now how could you possibly convince me that your client, Patrick, can do either of those things? It seems a little far fetched, would you agree?"

Pat's Agent in his head: "Check and mate."

Pat's Agent: "I take it you haven't read Patrick's Twitter lately; why don't you take a look at this Tweet."

Publisher: "...while waiting on... 1/3 of the way through... three or four months.... holy shit are you serious?"

Pat's Agent: "Keep reading."

Publisher: "...this would be my ninth completed novel... 10th finished by the end of the year.... well I'll be damned! Call Patrick and tell him to break out the champagne because he just got himself a new deal! Just name the number for the advance, I'll cut the check right now!"

Forum Clout
In book terms it just means "friend of mine who will proofread for free" actual authors have editors.
I love my second, better, more dyslexic editor.
1000002094.jpg

kingship75

My huge-cocked pal stole my wife and PUPPIES!
Forum Clout
I can’t believe he really thinks “Christmas Carnage” is a good title. It screams early 90s WCW pay per view.
Jim Crockett Promotions presents: Christmas Carnage live from Greenville!

Ric Flair defends the World Heavyweight Championship against Magnum T.A. in a triple-decker cage with Dusty Rhodes as special enforcer.

Book that shit.