• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Supreme Court finds presidents entitled to 'absolute immunity' from prosecution for official acts

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I'm not a brain scientist but giving a president this kind of immunity does seem a bit retarded.
Yes and no, presidents over the years have done things that people have called for them to face consequences over (Bush Jr was called a war criminal, Obama drone strike, etc) I mean if you get technical you could say a president is guilty of murder if he or his team authorizes any kind of military attack / bombing etc.

That’s how I look at it, I think many are being ridiculous with claiming this will lead to all kinds of nonsense because that’s what the terminally online do.

Dennis Denuto

It's the vibe
Forum Clout
Yes and no, presidents over the years have done things that people have called for them to face consequences over (Bush Jr was called a war criminal, Obama drone strike, etc) I mean if you get technical you could say a president is guilty of murder if he or his team authorizes any kind of military attack / bombing etc.

That’s how I look at it, I think many are being ridiculous with claiming this will lead to all kinds of nonsense because that’s what the terminally online do.
Don't worry about the mass surveillance, hospital bombings, soldiers shooting pregnant women. What matters is that Donald Trump paid off his lawyer in a dodgy way.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout

Don't worry about the mass surveillance, hospital bombings, soldiers shooting pregnant women. What matters is that Donald Trump paid off his lawyer in a dodgy way.
Even if you gave every president carte blanche to freely commit crimes, it still wouldn't surpass war crimes, so the issue of immunity is moot. Besides, imagine after something like 9/11 finding out that Bush did something bad. It's absolutely retarded to think it would be a good idea to investigate and possibly remove him at that point.

If I'm an American, I'm totally on the "don't care, still voting Trump lmao" bandwagon. Biden's administration is too retarded to not vote against. Back in 2016, even those who kinda didn't like Trump at least had the common sense to vote against Hillary.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
When something is vague, it allows for interpretation. Thus Sotomayor saying a President could interpret sending Seal Team 6 after a rival an "official" act of the Presidency.
And what happens then? The Congress immediately moves to impeach. Removed from office. What happens if the new Gov tries charging him? He just says “That was an official act” and everyone shrugs? You’d have to prove it in some capacity. This case was sent back down to the lower courts for them to decide what acts were official and weren’t.

But even if a President could possibly interpret this decision as giving him the right to do it, this somehow implies a President couldn’t just do it WITHOUT this decision. The very things in this Trump case he deemed official acts…happened before this decision. Why did Obama drone strike a US citizen and have 0 fear over it? Because it was an official act, which also happened before this decision. The Supreme Court basically just reaffirmed what Presidents already understood.

Forum Clout
This was very disappointing. Rick oinking about trump is so boring now. The bleatings from the cumia types are way more entertaining these days. Fucking with the January 6 faggots and their supporters/families harkens back to the best days of pat posting..
So you admit that you're a total piece of shit. Have fun with what happens to people like you when you die.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
I love the fact that the best picture ever taken of him is a mugshot, because he threatened to kill his pregnant wife and wanted to wait until she gave birth, so he could murder his infant daughter.
The difference between those two pics is staggering. Has anyone ever fallen apart as dramatically as Pat without being a severe drug addict or suffering some horrendous misfortune?

Forum Clout
I love the fact that the best picture ever taken of him is a mugshot, because he threatened to kill his pregnant wife and wanted to wait until she gave birth, so he could murder his infant daughter.
He looks thoroughly full of himself there and very proud of that mugshot. He took great pleasure from making his sister in law, his estranged wife, and his former friend fear for their lives, and the life of his unborn child.

He always argues what the report states. The report states what was told to the police who responded to the scene of the crime. The police took statements and based on those statements, including his own, arrested him for his alleged crimes.

Later, he pled "No Contest" to lesser charges to avoid felonies and jail time.

"No Contest" = "GUILTY"

Why do people let him get the last word there? The report clearly states he was arrested for what's in that report and there's a mugshot to prove it.

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
Yeah Rick, I'm sure a supreme court justice's interpretation of a ruling is wrong. After all, she didn't go to the Twitter school of law.
View attachment 208629
Screenshot_20240223-102824_X.jpg