• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

saw my stolen road bike parking on the sidewalk, what to do

Jizz

Forum Clout
Oof. Do you live in Fantasyland? The cops give absolutely zero shits in theft cases- especially for a bike that was stolen 3 years ago. They'll probably blame OP for being stupid enough to get his bike stolen.
even with an air tag or tile tracker on the bike the cops won't help you get it back where i live. most people suggest just offering the bum who stole it $20 to give you the bike back even though that encourages stealing.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
One time I was walking to work on the boardwalk when I lived at the Jersey Shore. Coworker I was walking with yells “Holy shit thats my bike!” and as this other kids riding past he decks him and grips him up.

Turns out it was just an extremely common bike and he had the wrong guy. There was like a whole store on the island filled with them

DMbN

💢
Forum Clout
Basically impossible to prove it’s the same bike from 3 years ago. Even if you’re 100% sure the person riding it now is probably not the thief. Best thing is to make sure no one gets to ride it and bend the wheels when no one’s looking.
yeah probably the easiest way, but it would only take them like 50 bucks to fix?

DMbN

💢
Forum Clout
Sounds to me like you already pussied out of taking it back and want people to tell you it’s alright
Probably

I was jogging and saw it parked in the next subway station's sidewalk, I am an actual pussy so the safest way is to put a lock on it, but I will be out of more money and the fella already has the tools to cut it

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
pretty sure its mine,
hmmm

still with the cheap Aliexpress light holder and kickstand i put on it
how unique is this?

For me it'd depend on the value (personal and financial) of the bike. It's probably not gonna be the thief who's riding it now but I've been over this scenario in my mind at least once; I would grab the bike & hold-on, if I was riding my new bike then I'd put the lock straight through the back wheel so that discussions can continue at my leisure.
Depending on the demeanour of the person I might call the police - mainly for legal protection - & would make sure to keep saying things like 'stop going in ur pockets, dude. I don't wanna fight you so stop clenching ur fists...'.
I've probably bought a mid-range bike off a guy sometime in my life so I got sympathy, if it was definitely mine then it'd probably depend on the person's response.

Billy Hollywood

Forum Clout
Probably

I was jogging and saw it parked in the next subway station's sidewalk, I am an actual pussy so the safest way is to put a lock on it, but I will be out of more money and the fella already has the tools to cut it
prancercise-walking.gif

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I was gonna say bend the wheels but someone already said it.

You can also yank out the brake cables if it has brakes.

I prefer to break things for a form of compensation.

Years ago I rented in Denver and the leasing office claimed they didn't get my rent payment so I needed to pay at a Western Union to get a money order. I got back and they said they found my original check days later.

I told them they owe my $4 for wasting my time and making me pay fees to pay my rent. They refused.

The leasing office was basement level so that night I suited up and smashed 2 windows and kicked in another.

I say them the next day getting windows installed. I'm gonna guess it cost them more than $4.

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
I was gonna say bend the wheels but someone already said it.

You can also yank out the brake cables if it has brakes.

I prefer to break things for a form of compensation.

Years ago I rented in Denver and the leasing office claimed they didn't get my rent payment so I needed to pay at a Western Union to get a money order. I got back and they said they found my original check days later.

I told them they owe my $4 for wasting my time and making me pay fees to pay my rent. They refused.

The leasing office was basement level so that night I suited up and smashed 2 windows and kicked in another.

I say them the next day getting windows installed. I'm gonna guess it cost them more than $4.
Younger me was called a fag by a few dudes walking by me with bicycle helmets. I happened across their bikes as I was leaving the park, stabbed their tires, cut up their seats and laughed my ass off all the way home.

DMbN

💢
Forum Clout
hmmm

how unique is this?

For me it'd depend on the value (personal and financial) of the bike. It's probably not gonna be the thief who's riding it now but I've been over this scenario in my mind at least once; I would grab the bike & hold-on, if I was riding my new bike then I'd put the lock straight through the back wheel so that discussions can continue at my leisure.
Depending on the demeanour of the person I might call the police - mainly for legal protection - & would make sure to keep saying things like 'stop going in ur pockets, dude. I don't wanna fight you so stop clenching ur fists...'.
I've probably bought a mid-range bike off a guy sometime in my life so I got sympathy, if it was definitely mine then it'd probably depend on the person's response.
It's from the chain Decathlon, so it's pretty unique you can't get it anywhere else, even missing the reflective plates I took off

It looks like the day I lost it so they probably had it in storage and sold/rode it until recently

I don't know about UK but where I live theres so many police every other person is connected and I am not so I wouldn't mess with that

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout