RIP Fez

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
1. God no, they'd have fired me on the spot. I wasn't a Genesis fan when I started, but I am now. When I auditioned, I had to do a deep dive - well, I didn't, but that's another story - and I loved the old songs pre-Duke. Problem was, they didn't want to play any of them anymore. "Too long and involved, our current audience wouldn't enjoy it," Mike said. I disagreed, but I was the new guy. The only thing I successfully fought for was to sing Suppers Ready, but even then, they'd only let me have the first few minutes of it. You can find bootleg recordings online, I've heard them and still cringe. I wasn't ready to sing that song at the time.

2. Yes! Many times, and I still do. And while I would love to have SAMCRO play with the band as a gag for mine (and Gosia's) amusement, I'll say to you what I said the last time someone here brought that up: I will not feed that Cud Chewer's ego, and I will not risk my lovely middle-road niche by waking up to TVP3 reporting how Ray Wilson had an American white supremacist play on stage with him, while they're showing "People's Court" footage, and fans on Twitter asking me if he entered a contract to play that show, because... You know.

But back to that Cunt... I'm still mad about her. Barely slept, but Gosia made me a nice brunch, and when she handed it to me she said "Cookie?" like Fez. That made me laugh.

There are good women out there like my Mal. That Twitter bitch isn't one of them though.
I'm all-in with da bit.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Sure would be a wild turn of events that OnA listeners, after years of their show being stripped away and ended, turning on nearly everyone who took part in the show, and who eventually drove a fat man to suicide for stating his gay spur of the woke-moment that Norm isn't funny, would eventually latch onto some dumb whore who disparaged a fat gay yet lovable hole of a connected show

If the woman is dumb enough she could be the next Fatrick

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
That miserable cunt shitting on Fez is awful. Her twitter is just her rambling nonsense that not even twitter people want to hear. She claims to be a member of the media / press (Pat claims that too) but seems to be a nobody. She lives in Los Angeles but believes it’s full of Nazi’s and Qanonn hardcore republicans. It’s hilarious how people in the most liberal left wing cities in America still believe they are under attack 24/7 by “evil” hardcore republicans. She seems like a crazy bitter unemployed person on some SSI scam tweeting all day for nobody.

G

I always enjoyed Fez viciously impersonating BL. Benny, Benny, Benny...

[MEDIA=youtube]H6w5tfa3RTs[/MEDIA]

It's so sad to think he's actually gone. He was really scared of dying, like almost everything else, and I hate to think what it was like for him going through heart attack after heart attack. I hope in the last few years as a private man of leisure he managed to live his life with some real happiness.

He finally had the chance to see the Riddler in a Batman movie too if he could've stayed around just a bit longer.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I always enjoyed Fez viciously impersonating BL. Benny, Benny, Benny...

It's so sad to think he's actually gone. He was really scared of dying, like almost everything else, and I hate to think what it was like for him going through heart attack after heart attack. I hope in the last few years as a private man of leisure he managed to live his life with some real happiness.

He finally had the chance to see the Riddler in a Batman movie too if he could've stayed around just a bit longer.

This is one of the few Ron and Fez clips that I fucking adore but Mal cannot listen to after the one time. Cringe humor is rough for her. I'm 50/50 on it, but I love that bit.

And you're right... He'd have loved to see this new Batman. He could've if the pandemic didn't Fuck movie scheduling up.

That miserable cunt shitting on Fez is awful. Her twitter is just her rambling nonsense that not even twitter people want to hear. She claims to be a member of the media / press (Pat claims that too) but seems to be a nobody. She lives in Los Angeles but believes it’s full of Nazi’s and Qanonn hardcore republicans. It’s hilarious how people in the most liberal left wing cities in America still believe they are under attack 24/7 by “evil” hardcore republicans. She seems like a crazy bitter unemployed person on some SSI scam tweeting all day for nobody.

I'm still hoping for this bitch to get absolutely blitzkrieged. Seriously, who in the hell would be criticizing you guys for going after her? You're defending a deceased gay man. It could be the greatest double turn in history since Austin/Hart (I hate that I know that, but my point stands).

He was on a ventilator for the last few days so hopefully he wasn't that aware. He had been on one earlier in the year after another heart attack so who knows how he was feeling.

G

This is one of the few Ron and Fez clips that I fucking adore but Mal cannot listen to after the one time. Cringe humor is rough for her. I'm 50/50 on it, but I love that bit.
You can really see the hurt and vulnerability behind what he's saying in that one. It's so uncomfortable and petty, it becomes a thing of beauty like a rose slowly opening.
He was on a ventilator for the last few days so hopefully he wasn't that aware. He had been on one earlier in the year after another heart attack so who knows how he was feeling.
He seemed almost destined towards a tragic ending. He never could get a handle on his own physical wellbeing let alone the mental.

UnPRePared

You can really see the hurt and vulnerability behind what he's saying in that one. It's so uncomfortable and petty, it becomes a thing of beauty like a rose slowly opening.

He seemed almost destined towards a tragic ending. He never could get a handle on his own physical wellbeing let alone the mental.
It's the goddamndest thing, not trying to live...

You watch people you love dying around you, along with your own health scares, at some point you wake up and make a choice. I did. Best choice I made. Very well might have saved my own life losing the weight I had on me all these years. Yes, I had to cut sugar. Yes, I had to make nearly everything I eat. Yes, it wasn't cheap. And yes, some of it wasn't very appetizing - but it's a choice. When you can finally motivate yourself to start, it's not so hard to keep it going (insert ANYONE CAN DO IT here).

I guess that's why I don't understand Fezzie. Nearly 20 stents, multiple heart attacks, a super unhealthy weight... And he changed nothing. I feel so much better being at my current weight, knowing it's helped my heart, my liver and my overall health. I mean, I guess give him credit for living over fifteen years longer than he should've. That's a hardy bastard if I've ever heard one.

We love you, Fez Marie. I hope if there is an afterlife, you're comfortable in your own skin now, walking into the studio, taking the stick and running the show like The Big Cat you always were.

Obey Fez, motherfuckers.

G

I guess that's why I don't understand Fezzie. Nearly 20 stents, multiple heart attacks, a super unhealthy weight... And he changed nothing.
I think he carried such a burden of hurt he couldn't get out from under it. I have at times wondered if Ron did too much to shield him but ultimately I believe Fez simply needed that help. Opie said he was the luckiest guy in radio. Any day could be such a struggle for Fez it must have hurt him deeply going in those days to say nothing. A born performer who couldn't even speak. I'd bet he desperately wanted change but couldn't quite do it.

UnPRePared

I think he carried such a burden of hurt he couldn't get out from under it. I have at times wondered if Ron did too much to shield him but ultimately I believe Fez simply needed that help. Opie said he was the luckiest guy in radio. Any day could be such a struggle for Fez it must have hurt him deeply going in those days to say nothing. A born performer who couldn't even speak. I'd bet he desperately wanted change but couldn't quite do it.

Mal shared a theory once, after the Bruce Vilanch Unmasked post-show, about her thoughts on Fez. It was very in-depth, and I can't remember all of it - I doubt I'd do it justice anyway.

But the gist of her point was this: here was a man who lived a character for decades on the air and to fans, and was a different man in his own personal life. The former, Fez, was a boisterous queen, campy, charming, controlled a room and an equal to Ron. The latter, Todd, was quiet, riddled with anxieties (keep in mind, this was a man who after the 9/11 tower strike turned to Ron and said "why do these things always happen to ME?"), and reclusive. Then one day, Todd realizes he was much more like Fez than he cared to admit, especially in being gay. That caused a crisis of conscience, as all of the flaws and anxieties of the private Todd came to the surface through the public persona of Fez. The happy-go lucky, Fezzitorial-spewing second mic became Mr. Quiet In The Corner because, at this late point in his life, he struggled to come to terms with who he really was.

He was too set in his ways and too comfortable being two separate people that he probably couldn't figure out how to make it as one whole person. Now that he couldn't be an act anymore, all there was to be was himself, and he didn't know who that was anymore.

Christ, remembering all of that made me sad again.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Mal shared a theory once, after the Bruce Vilanch Unmasked post-show, about her thoughts on Fez. It was very in-depth, and I can't remember all of it - I doubt I'd do it justice anyway.

But the gist of her point was this: here was a man who lived a character for decades on the air and to fans, and was a different man in his own personal life. The former, Fez, was a boisterous queen, campy, charming, controlled a room and an equal to Ron. The latter, Todd, was quiet, riddled with anxieties (keep in mind, this was a man who after the 9/11 tower strike turned to Ron and said "why do these things always happen to ME?"), and reclusive. Then one day, Todd realizes he was much more like Fez than he cared to admit, especially in being gay. That caused a crisis of conscience, as all of the flaws and anxieties of the private Todd came to the surface through the public persona of Fez. The happy-go lucky, Fezzitorial-spewing second mic became Mr. Quiet In The Corner because, at this late point in his life, he struggled to come to terms with who he really was.

He was too set in his ways and too comfortable being two separate people that he probably couldn't figure out how to make it as one whole person. Now that he couldn't be an act anymore, all there was to be was himself, and he didn't know who that was anymore.

Christ, remembering all of that made me sad again.
he was fez in public too

he met ron as fez, he was fez in private life a lot

i think todd was the character he got lost in

when fez was at rons house he was fez

i think he got tired of always being “on”

so he created a character to retreat into

i really dont think fez was as emotionally messed up as much as he was tired and just wanted to do the behind the scenes stuff more

ron literally knew he needed fez and kept him on at all costs, and fez just let ron do whatever he wanted to him to keep him happy

i dont think fez needed money after the dc gig, and that probably effected his mindset and drive like it did to opie ant and jim once they got f u money

look at how hicks gets shit on and earl gets shit on

ron can only operate with a funny person who is also subservient

this shit goes much deeper and ron is the actual insane person fez had to deal with

based and white pilled

America, be very careful.
If the woman is dumb enough she could be the next Fatrick

It's the goddamndest thing, not trying to live...

You watch people you love dying around you, along with your own health scares, at some point you wake up and make a choice. I did. Best choice I made. Very well might have saved my own life losing the weight I had on me all these years. Yes, I had to cut sugar. Yes, I had to make nearly everything I eat. Yes, it wasn't cheap. And yes, some of it wasn't very appetizing - but it's a choice. When you can finally motivate yourself to start, it's not so hard to keep it going (insert ANYONE CAN DO IT here).

I guess that's why I don't understand Fezzie. Nearly 20 stents, multiple heart attacks, a super unhealthy weight... And he changed nothing. I feel so much better being at my current weight, knowing it's helped my heart, my liver and my overall health. I mean, I guess give him credit for living over fifteen years longer than he should've. That's a hardy bastard if I've ever heard one.

We love you, Fez Marie. I hope if there is an afterlife, you're comfortable in your own skin now, walking into the studio, taking the stick and running the show like The Big Cat you always were.

Obey Fez, motherfuckers.
Anyone can do it.

-Damian