• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reading suggestions

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
Fantasy: Wheel of Time series
I started rereading this a few months ago. Originally started it when book three came out and lost track around the Lord of Chaos.
Currently up to Winter's Heart. Enjoying it. It can be a bit gay at times. Look forward to the Sanderson era.
(book 5 was the tits, all that shit with origin of the Aiel was fucking great)

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
Anyone here read Blood Meridian?

Need some fiction to take my mind off of work and have never read so many westerns. What’s the opinion of Brothamen on this book?
It's a fucking slog, I left it on a grayhound about 2/3 complete and didn't bother finding another copy. Don Quixote is pretty good, not quite a Western but it'll keep you busy for the best part of a year.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I started rereading this a few months ago. Originally started it when book three came out and lost track around the Lord of Chaos.
Currently up to Winter's Heart. Enjoying it. It can be a bit gay at times. Look forward to the Sanderson era.
(book 5 was the tits, all that shit with origin of the Aiel was fucking great)
@Patreeky you're the Mat to my Perrin

G

61G4vzDxIuL._AC_SY400_.jpg
The audio book is even better because it's literally Colin reading it to you.

Forum Clout
Did you like The Corrections more than Freedom?

I read both and they kinda blended together.
I'm not like a Franzen fanboy, but I do think it's sad that he sorta fell out of mainstream favor only because of the institutional shift away from white male authors. He's barely spoken about in academia anymore, when just ten year ago he was considered the heir to DF Wallace.

I will always give him credit for basically saying he wanted nothing to do with the Oprah's Book Club award she gave him. That's ballsy.
Haven't read that yet. I will at some point this year.

All "creatives" around now are shills who'll gladly do the circuit. Need more Franzen's, Watterson's, etc.