• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reading suggestions

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
You should check out the full First Age books when you get a chance. I'm currently re-reading Children of Hurin and listening to the audiobook at the same time, because it's read by Christopher Lee. Beren and Luthien and The Fall of Gondolin are good too, but not straightforward narratives. There's a lot of editorial notes in those, but Children of Hurin is an actual novel and much more depressing than anything else Tolkien ever wrote. If you like the Silmarillion, you'll almost certainly like that one.
I’ll definitely check that out. Like Patreeky, I’ve always wanted to explore more of Tolkien’s world, but never got past the Hobbit and LotR.

Monk

Forum Clout
61G4vzDxIuL._AC_SY400_.jpg

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
Like Moby Dick, it ironically didn't gain traction in American literary circles until Brits like Harold Bloom called it the greatest novel of the last 50 years.
Harold Bloom was American, unfortunately.

download.jpg

You'll never guess what's in his "Early Life" section.

Forum Clout
Ficciones by Borges
The Corrections by Franzen
Stoner by Williams
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez

Norm's fake biography is also good.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Blood Meridian is an incredible book but I hated reading it. I know that makes no sense but it's hard to describe. His prose is so fucking weird it got annoying at times and made me feel retarded. He does this run on sentence thing that actually allows him to pack more description in but it's strange seeing it in a book.

G

is it worth the time? I have it downloaded but its like 1000 pages

Oh it’s definitely worth reading. It’s a story about a journey from Texas to Montana in the late 1800’s. It’s brutal but also humorous and filled with a great cast of characters. It takes some time to get going but when it does it’s amazing.

Toast

Forum Clout
Nonfiction: The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth

Sci-fi: all 6 Dune novels by Frank Herbert, the best being the 4th book; God Emperor of Dune. Watch the David Lynch movie after you read the first book.

Fantasy: Wheel of Time series, all of Tolkien's books, everything by Brandon Sanderson. And numerous others that would require me to sift through boxes in the basement.

Free Gay Translated web novel stuff from Asia: Warlock of the Magus World, Reincarnation of the strongest sword god, The Legendary mechanic, The desolate era, etc.

You'll thank me later.

G

Nonfiction: The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth

Sci-fi: all 6 Dune novels by Frank Herbert, the best being the 4th book; God Emperor of Dune. Watch the David Lynch movie after you read the first book.

Fantasy: Wheel of Time series, all of Tolkien's books, everything by Brandon Sanderson. And numerous others that would require me to sift through boxes in the basement.

Free Gay Translated web novel stuff from Asia: Warlock of the Magus World, Reincarnation of the strongest sword god, The Legendary mechanic, The desolate era, etc.

You'll thank me later.

Stormlight Archive is great!