• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reading suggestions

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
A Guy's Guide to Equity Compensation.

1675193412952.png

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
As far as Blood Meridian goes. It's a classic for sure. I have no issue calling it the pinnacle of books honestly. A number of people have done their doctoral thesis on the book, and I think one did their whole thesis on rather the Judge was Satan or not? Think I read that some where?

I need to re-read it, I have read it twice, but both times were when a lot of personnel shit was going on in my life, and the 2nd was on my last deployment in the military. Just the lighting hitting the tree part really stands out from the book. Many other parts as well.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
@Nigger Jim
Im very uncultured when it comes to reading, in that I read only a few authors over and over again (Faulkner, Hemingway, Melville, Conrad, etc).

I want something new and out of my wheelhouse. Would you recommend getting into CM?

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
As stated Lonesome Dove was great. Blood Meridian is also great. It's largely just some guy traveling around Texas being a violent degenerate.

For other westerns I read Appaloosa which was turned into a movie like ten years ago, and it was pretty good. Interesting and easy to read but not particularly memorable.

G

Is not a western but I liked it.

Life of PI (cuntfucker)

And yes I am a faggot

Forum Clout
If you don’t mind the holohox misinformation and extreme kikery, Philip Kerr’s Bernie Günther series reads pretty good.

G

I’m reading the Silmarillion for the first time currently and enjoying it.
You should check out the full First Age books when you get a chance. I'm currently re-reading Children of Hurin and listening to the audiobook at the same time, because it's read by Christopher Lee. Beren and Luthien and The Fall of Gondolin are good too, but not straightforward narratives. There's a lot of editorial notes in those, but Children of Hurin is an actual novel and much more depressing than anything else Tolkien ever wrote. If you like the Silmarillion, you'll almost certainly like that one.