• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pig's weekly Tiny Tim update

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Update:
View attachment 30953

LXG = League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. So he's copying from multiple established works, not just Dickens.
Two points:
  1. "Took way too long but there's been more research to do than on any of the Sci-fi I've ever written...."
  2. "I'm writing a Dickinson period piece..."
The word is Dickensian; and if this is how the research is going then this self-published fan fic is shaping up to be his worst book yet.

("Dickinson" is, of course, how SFWA authors spent their family visitation time, once they dodge that pesky court-appointed chaperone)

EDIT: Archive link to tweet 1, Archive link to tweet 2.

Last edited:

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Update:
View attachment 30953

LXG = League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. So he's copying from multiple established works, not just Dickens.
hahaha, he got this idea from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Which, correct me if I'm wrong because I've never seen it, was an absolute butt-fuckingly stupid movie for retards.

And "Dickinson period piece". He spelled "Dickens" wrong and then also used the wrong appellation adjective (as @FurBurger points out, it's "Dickensian"). I guess in all of that research, he never looked at Charles Dickens's name.

FurBurger

Forum Clout
I'm very curious to see if this is going to be Rick trying to sound like Dickenson or just a bunch of Dickenson characters that sound like Rick. Either way it's gonna be complete dog shit.
He's really bad at theory-of-mind - all of his characters sound like him, and he blamed Andrew for all of his woes here (and us for arguments he had before we heard of him).

Based on that, I'm guessing all of the characters will sound like him, with the odd "Guv'ner" and "Crikey" thrown in for historical accuracy.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
He's really bad at theory-of-mind - all of his characters sound like him, and he blamed Andrew for all of his woes here (and us for arguments he had before we heard of him).

Based on that, I'm guessing all of the characters will sound like him, with the odd "Guv'ner" and "Crikey" thrown in for historical accuracy.
"Oi, Toiny Tim, wot u wohnt fuh brekkie, this foine morn'?"

"'Allo, Ebenezer, guvna choild, let's pop awn down ta Ye Olde English Chili's for sum bangerz n mash, awlroight?"

"Wot a smashing an' capital oidea, u wanker!"

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Two points:
  1. "Took way too long but there's been more research to do than on any of the Sci-fi I've ever written...."
  2. "I'm writing a Dickinson period piece..."
The word is Dickensian; and if this is how the research is going then this self-published fan fic is shaping up to be his worst book yet.

("Dickinson" is, of course, how SFWA authors spent their family visitation time, once they dodge that pesky court-appointed chaperone)

EDIT: Archive link to tweet 1, Archive link to tweet 2.
Emily Dickinson frequently wrote derivative books based on 70s gangster film tropes child. Honestly if he could be at least be as self aware as Tarantino and say he was doing an 1860s homage to Get Carter I'd hate him less.

Or threw in incomprehensible authentic slang. "Oi, Tim ya Berk, you're takin the piss if you think you're 'alf inching me poppies!"

Last edited:

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
He's really bad at theory-of-mind - all of his characters sound like him
In Pat's defense (yuck), Kevin Smith coasted doing that for way too long, so clearly that's not a barrier to success. I'm actually frequently shocked by how many authors and screenwriters suffer from that, at a certain point someone needs to step in and say "you can't write all your characters with the same tone of snarky dialog, it's fucking terrible" .

FurBurger

Forum Clout
In Pat's defense (yuck), Kevin Smith coasted doing that for way too long, so clearly that's not a barrier to success. I'm actually frequently shocked by how many authors and screenwriters suffer from that, at a certain point someone needs to step in and say "you can't write all your characters with the same tone of snarky dialog, it's fucking terrible" .

I saw a video clip recently, of a guy asking "What's your favourite Joss Whedon line?"

The guy answers.

"Now, is there a single Joss Whedon character, where that line wouldn't fit them?"

That shit gets you two giant tentpole capeshit movies, and a bunch of TV shows.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
you guys saying he reads wikipedia are giving him too much credit. Reading isn't his forte, probably watches youtube channels and listens to podcasts about it