• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat doesn't understand rich people

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
I actually agree with Pat on this.

Once you hit 40, if you've made your money ... just retire. I'd love to tell people "I'm retired!"

Depends on the job, of course. But if you are Bezos and you're spending all day in meetings figuring out how to send bog rolls round the world in less than 24 hours... just .... stop.

I'd also agree that Elon Musk has won. And Pat has not.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
He thinks being a billionaire is something you just luck into

He's made that exact argument before on Twitter about Elon Musk and Steve Jobs.

It's hilarious how transparently bitter and jealous of more successful people he is. In his own mind, he's the greatest human being on earth and therefore it's a travesty that he isn't rich.

G

Sort of echoing what others have said but this is another example of Fatman thinking he's making some insightful point but actually revealing what a useless sack of shit he is. For a lot of highly successful people money is almost incidental. It's not the main reason they do what they do or are who they are.

The most financially successful person I know personally is about 30 years older than me and is a retired hedge fund manager. I'd estimate he's worth between 100 to 200 million dollars. If you saw him on the street you wouldn't know it. And even though he's retired, he sits on a couple of boards in a non-exec capacity, paints, plays golf and volunteers in a soup kitchen one day a week. He's not sitting around next to a pool all day drinking fruity cocktails. He's a do-er.

And he's not even an entrepreneur, he was basically a glorified manager. But he's insanely competitive, very smart and thought nothing of 80 hour weeks for 30 years. Fat has no idea about that kind of dedication to work. He can't even imagine it.

Then you take an entrepreneurial type, you've got the same kind of personality but you throw in creativity, more dynamism and a desire to start and grow a business from scratch. To beat the competitors. To dominate. That doesn't go away when they make 10 million or a billion. It's their reason for being. I'm not like that. Most people aren't. That's why there are so few self-made billionaires. But most of us know and understand that. Pig seems not to. Stupid pig.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
He is such a devout loser. This is the way I used to think with I was a stupid teenager. "Dude, Bill Gates has $40 billion. If I had that much I would be able to buy so much cool shit, and I wouldn't even go though a fraction of it."

He just thinks in terms of consumer products and doesn't realize that the people who make those consumer products accessible to everyone in the world are the ones who become billionaires. "Dude, if I owned Amazon like Jeff Bezos, I would order so much shit off of Amazon."

Jim-sucks-shit

*ALL FUTURE COURT DATES ARE VACATED*
Forum Clout
JK Rowling is proof that pat and people like him are full of shit. JK Rowling is a self-made billionaire. She has an absolute stupid amount of money and she offers damn near all of it to charity, but she says, truthfully that transwomen aren't actually women so insane fags like pat have a problem with her.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
Pat also thinks that these billionaires have captured money that’s just been sitting around like chests of doubloons and that the huddled masses can’t get any wealth because it’s all locked in a Scrooge McDuck-style vault.
These fucking idiots don't understand that when people say that someone is worth X billion dollars, most of that is in stock which cannot be easily liquidated. Jeff Bezos would crash the stock market if he decided to "cash out" like a fat sack of shit.

kingship75

My huge-cocked pal stole my wife and PUPPIES!
Forum Clout
Pat also thinks that these billionaires have captured money that’s just been sitting around like chests of doubloons and that the huddled masses can’t get any wealth because it’s all locked in a Scrooge McDuck-style vault.
Fat-Pat!
Whoo-ooo!
Everyday he's online telling tall-tales!
Whoo-ooo!

G

I actually agree with Pat on this.

Once you hit 40, if you've made your money ... just retire. I'd love to tell people "I'm retired!"

Depends on the job, of course. But if you are Bezos and you're spending all day in meetings figuring out how to send bog rolls round the world in less than 24 hours... just .... stop.

I'd also agree that Elon Musk has won. And Pat has not.
And do what though?

Not to brag or doxx myself but I started a business with a couple of other guys in 2009, sold my stake in 2018. Felt burned out. Basically did nothing but work through my 20s and early 30s. Cashed out with a decent amount. Was able to buy a few properties and still keep a very healthy amount for savings, investing and nut. Took time off. Spent way more time at home. Took up new hobbies.

Maybe it's my issue or my Protestant work ethic but started to feel like a loser after 4-5 months. Didn't need to work but what do you say to people? I sold my company, I'm retired at 36. Oh cool. What do you do? I spend more time with my kids. I golf. I play the stock market. You see their eyes glaze over. No one respects a "house husband," I don't care what they say. Hung out with another guy, an American who was in the same boat. Go to the gym, get lunch, but it was depressing after a while.

Been doing some consulting for the last couple of years because not working gets fucking depressing after a while. No, more than that. It's actively harmful to a man's self-worth. That's why Fat is such a mess. He likes being unproductive. And that's the death of self-respect and self-image.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
Been doing some consulting for the last couple of years because not working gets fucking depressing after a while. No, more than that. It's actively harmful to a man's self-worth. That's why Fat is such a mess. He likes being unproductive. And that's the death of self-respect and self-image.

Why not just say you're a property manager? Nobody actually gives a fuck what you do. They're just going through the 20 questions you ask until somebody says something interesting.

G

Why not just say you're a property manager? Nobody actually gives a fuck what you do. They're just going through the 20 questions you ask until somebody says something interesting.
You're right of course. And I probably expressed it poorly. I don't really care what others think. It's more what I think of myself. Being some inactive shit who makes money off not doing much feels weak to me. And I don't make anything like the majority of my money off property. I guess I just like working.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
And do what though?

Not to brag or doxx myself but I started a business with a couple of other guys in 2009, sold my stake in 2018. Felt burned out. Basically did nothing but work through my 20s and early 30s. Cashed out with a decent amount. Was able to buy a few properties and still keep a very healthy amount for savings, investing and nut. Took time off. Spent way more time at home. Took up new hobbies.

Maybe it's my issue or my Protestant work ethic but started to feel like a loser after 4-5 months. Didn't need to work but what do you say to people? I sold my company, I'm retired at 36. Oh cool. What do you do? I spend more time with my kids. I golf. I play the stock market. You see their eyes glaze over. No one respects a "house husband," I don't care what they say. Hung out with another guy, an American who was in the same boat. Go to the gym, get lunch, but it was depressing after a while.

That’s very true about not working, I got laid off once years ago and it took sometime to get another job and it was complete hell. I had money and unemployment benefits but I HATED just sitting around not working. I felt like the biggest piece of shit not having a job and that was only for a short time. You lose touch with society being unemployed and not having a routine can make you crazy. It explains why Pat has completely gone insane, his life is getting into useless fights on twitter with strangers and feels that’s his calling in life.