• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Overrated actors controversial opinions only.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Agree with this 100%. I think he has had really good performances. He was good in Edward Scissorhands and Gilbert Grape (they're just the two that come to mind) but he's also been terrible in so many movies. He was absolute dogshit in that awful Willy Wonka remake. I never saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies but I can tell just from the clips I've seen of them that he was hamming it up the whole time.

I have to say though this thread is making me realize that there's almost no actors that haven't had shitty perfomances/movies. The last 20 years of De Niro and Pacino's careers have been an absolute embarrassment just as example. I'm struggling to think of an actor that hasn't been shit in at least one movie. Maybe Daniel Day Lewis but I haven't seen everything he's been in.

Ed Wood is his best role to this day.

So many actors play themselves too much, and they do this because they find a "type" that works for them on film - usually in their first breakout hit - and the pillocks run it into the ground. Cary Grant did it in nearly every film after The Awful Truth, but at least the scripts were written with that in mind. And NO ONE is Cary Grant like Cary fucking Grant. I'm looking at you, Ryan Reynolds. You cunt.

But I can't see Depp in his Ed Wood character. I don't hear the same timber in his voice, his energy is different, the way he carries himself was unique - that was a legitimate performance there. I've only seen that one time since, and it was Heath Ledger's Joker, of all fucking things.

He's pissed the majority of the time he's on my side of the world, no doubt about it. Man likes his drink. But, faults aside, I have been told many a kind story about him, stories most people never hear because he doesn't want the attention.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
1687196430635.png

He can cry and kinda look like he shit himself while doing it. Name one thing he was in besides Vince Gilligan shit. Overacting Emmy-having fag.

Roslyn Vampire

Forum Clout
Buscemi was amazing on Sopranos as an actor and also directed Pine Barrens. But on Boardwalk Empire he is all over the place. Some of his scenes are horrendous. When he has to play the romantic lead opposite of women on Boardwalk Empire it comes across as ridiculous. It made sense on Sopranos with Gandolfini or Mad Men with Jon Hamm as the lead where women are throwing themselves at those guys. But Buscemi pulling in all these women was hilarious.

The scene where Nucky kills Jimmy has some of the worst acting I have ever seen in my life. Show died right there.
I will add Trees Lounge which Buscemi starred in, wrote and directed and supposedly where the Chase got the Sopranos-aesthetic from as being great. Buscemi also directed Animal Factory which is one of my favorite flicks.

Overall, Buscemi is not overrated.

Forum Clout
Two cunts who everythng they touch flopped yet they still get fucking work other than pushing a broom

View attachment 128106View attachment 128107
All his "Irish works" were pretty good I thought. Especially In Bruges.

The girl was in that tv series where she whores around and drinks like a cunt. Reminds me a bit of one of my coworker, gladly flaunting her weekends of drunken debauchery. Why some women revere that type of behavior is beyond me...

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
He just popped up recently but I'm already tired of that Pedro Pascal faggot and his stupid face
His family are CIA connected and were heavily involved in communist military groups. His sister or brother or whatever is one of those mutilated transfags. So expect to see this degenerate spic pretty much nonstop until he is dead. He will be the face of 20 movies and tv franchises before he retires or dies.