• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Overrated actors controversial opinions only.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
876d83b544f78a187b456a1b412504b1e6-Johnny-Depp-.rsquare.w700.jpg

Shitty accents and only got famous because of his good looks in his younger days. But but but he's diverse... So's the colour of my shit after a night of drinking stout and eating tacos. Shhh, child.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout

Shitty accents and only got famous because of his good looks in his younger days. But but but he's diverse... So's the colour of my shit after a night of drinking stout and eating tacos. Shhh, child.
Agreed. But one thing I like about him is that he interacts with his fans who approach him and actually enjoys talking to them.

They shot a few scenes of Black Mass less than 2 blocks away from my parent's house and during the set up Depp was hanging out with a few people from the neighborhood and just chatting. Wasn't even one of his scenes being shot either because he wasn't wearing the makeup.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout

Agree with this 100%. I think he has had really good performances. He was good in Edward Scissorhands and Gilbert Grape (they're just the two that come to mind) but he's also been terrible in so many movies. He was absolute dogshit in that awful Willy Wonka remake. I never saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies but I can tell just from the clips I've seen of them that he was hamming it up the whole time.

I have to say though this thread is making me realize that there's almost no actors that haven't had shitty perfomances/movies. The last 20 years of De Niro and Pacino's careers have been an absolute embarrassment just as example. I'm struggling to think of an actor that hasn't been shit in at least one movie. Maybe Daniel Day Lewis but I haven't seen everything he's been in.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Buscemi was amazing on Sopranos as an actor and also directed Pine Barrens. But on Boardwalk Empire he is all over the place. Some of his scenes are horrendous. When he has to play the romantic lead opposite of women on Boardwalk Empire it comes across as ridiculous. It made sense on Sopranos with Gandolfini or Mad Men with Jon Hamm as the lead where women are throwing themselves at those guys. But Buscemi pulling in all these women was hilarious.

The scene where Nucky kills Jimmy has some of the worst acting I have ever seen in my life. Show died right there.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I can never buy him and his soft face as a tough guy and he's a bit like Jack Nicholson in the way he plays "himself" in most of his movies.
He's one of the biggest flaws of The Revenant, besides the writing. They could've afforded have one or the other but not both. If you want a dreamy bullshit narrative centred around internal dialogue then you need an actor who can convey that in both look and feel. DiCaprio not only doesn't work from a visual standpoint, his acting brings it down a few pegs.

The best work he's done was quasi-comedic. Django Unchained and The Wolf of Wall Street. He stinks whenever they try to make him the brooding dramatic leading man. The only time that worked for me was in The Departed.

Speaking of which, Leo might genuinely be a good fit for playing Jack Nicholson. When the ol' spermbank dies and Hollywood makes another self-congratulatory meta wankfest about its own history.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
I think the roles he took pre-Titanic were much ballsier. Gilbert Grape, Basketball Diaries, Total Eclipse etc. I can never buy him and his soft face as a tough guy

It's so bizarre that we're supposed to believe that DeCaprio could be a tough guy.

It's a bit like Edward Norton in Red Dragon (I'm really up-to-date on my movie watching). I liked the movie, but the fact that we're supposed to accept him as an actual tough guy I found kind of ridiculous.

To play the Tomlinson role in a movie these days you have to either be over 60 or a twink.

Will Graham | Hannibal Wiki | Fandom