• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Obscure tv show recommendation

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
This is true, however, Get A Life was fucking weird, even by modern Adult Swim standards. Of course, it went sailing over almost everyone's head, too. Most people HATED it at the time. But I always liked Chris Elliot from his old Letterman bits, so I got the jokes.
I was young and dumb, so count me as one of the haters. I just didn't get it.

His character in that Schitt's Creek show was a wasted opportunity.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I would rather watch my family have their skulls pushed into a running upside down lawnmower one by one than watch 5 minutes of Corner Gas. It is without exaggeration the worst shit ever committed to television.
Are you anything like me in that goofy, cartoonish Canadian accents annoy the shit out of you? I only ever hear it on TV and on the radio. Most people around here speak pretty normally, but even on my local radio stations, every single caller has the stereotypical Canadian dummy accent. Remember Rick Mercer? Even when I was a little kid, I always thought "that's the worst accent I've ever heard in my fucking life."

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Are you anything like me in that goofy, cartoonish Canadian accents annoy the shit out of you? I only ever hear it on TV and on the radio. Most people around here speak pretty normally, but even on my local radio stations, every single caller has the stereotypical Canadian dummy accent. Remember Rick Mercer? Even when I was a little kid, I always thought "that's the worst accent I've ever heard in my fucking life."
I always assumed the people who have a strong one are faking it, until I moved away from the nice parts, then I realized everyone has it. Worst of all, when I started working abroad it was never particularly mysterious where I'm from. Even with Canadian being a second language for me, I still somehow managed to catch the accent.

The worst was when Ethan Ralph announced he got a girl pregnant Godwinson and PPP convinced the girls dad to come on their show to discuss the horror of the situation. Last minute he pulled out and Godwinson pulled me in as a replacement, as no one knew what Mr. Vickers sounded like at the time for an hour I just got to be Mr. Vickers, less than 10 minutes in, a good portion of the chat was like "that's not Faiths dad, that's a fucking Canadian. No one from California speaks like this".

I don't know how it happened to me. The fucking accent.

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
There was a show on TBS called Angie Tribeca on TBS starring Rashinda Jones, ads for it made it looks like a Brooklyn 9-9 rip-off, but one night I caught an episode and it was pretty good, it was pretty much a modern-day Police Squad. One scene she's staking out a building taking pictures of people coming in and out, one guy starts posing for his shots and Rashida yells to him, "Prints will be ready on Friday!"
I also have vague memories of this cartoon from when I was a small child, the Sampsons, the Simptons, something like that?
Rashida Jones is the hottest mulatto of all time

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
MTVs Downtown is kind a forgotten classic of MTV animation, pretty cool shit if that weird 90s white-ish people urban psychedelia is up your alley.

Dollhouse was pretty awesome if you like staring at Eliza Dushku change her clothes and punch stuff for an hour. Which I do.

Chris Morris's Jam and the radio version Blue Jam are a fantastic experiment in ambient comedy if such a thing can exist. Basically a half hour nightmare with some truly great music remixed up the ass playing ceaselessly.

That's as obscure as I go without mentioning anime.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Remember Kevin Spencer? He's a chain smoking alcoholic sociopath? SOCIOPATH! (used to air after Buzz, I think)
I do remember Kevin Spencer. I thought it sucked. I couldn't get around the half assed animation.

There were a lot of shitty Canadian animated shows. I remember Odd Job Jack too, which sucked.