• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Obscure tv show recommendation

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Corner Gas.
As a Canadian, I can't stand Corner Gas. They all have accents that are intolerable to me and I've seen every episode like 10 times because there was a long time where it was just ALWAYS on. It's not a bad show, it definitely had funny moments, but there's something about Canadian TV from that time that is distinctly shitty to me.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
There was also a Sinbad show that was tied into the Xena/Hercules universe.

I wanted to plow the chick who played Rumina on that show

IMG_7535.jpeg

Hudson

Forum Clout
As a Canadian, I can't stand Corner Gas. They all have accents that are intolerable to me and I've seen every episode like 10 times because there was a long time where it was just ALWAYS on. It's not a bad show, it definitely had funny moments, but there's something about Canadian TV from that time that is distinctly shitty to me.
For some reason, I love Canadian humor. Corner Gas, SCTV, etc. I like Corner Gas because of the wry humor and it just seems different. Stumbled across it on Freevee and became a fan.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
For some reason, I love Canadian humor. Corner Gas, SCTV, etc. I like Corner Gas because of the wry humor and it just seems different. Stumbled across it on Freevee and became a fan.
Brent Butt is actually married to the coffee shop chick, which is insane. She was hot but that fucking accent would leave me very flaccid.

Edit: never mind. He's married to the Gas station cashier lady, which is more like it. That's apparently a little fun fact that literally everyone I know got wrong.

Hudson

Forum Clout
Wow...that is insane. I used to follow him on social media but his politics are annoying. Same for his podcast.

(Edit)Yeah...that makes more sense. She's the one character I don't like. The guy that plays his father always cracks me up.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Wow...that is insane. I used to follow him on social media but his politics are annoying. Same for his podcast.

(Edit)Yeah...that makes more sense. She's the one character I don't like. The guy that plays his father always cracks me up.
Oscar was definitely the best part of the show.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
There was a show on TBS called Angie Tribeca on TBS starring Rashinda Jones, ads for it made it looks like a Brooklyn 9-9 rip-off, but one night I caught an episode and it was pretty good, it was pretty much a modern-day Police Squad. One scene she's staking out a building taking pictures of people coming in and out, one guy starts posing for his shots and Rashida yells to him, "Prints will be ready on Friday!"
I also have vague memories of this cartoon from when I was a small child, the Sampsons, the Simptons, something like that?

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Review with Forrest MacNeil was hilarious and nobody I know irl has seen it. When I actually get people to watch it, they don't like it. It makes me feel fucking crazy. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and it's probably the most invested I've ever been in a series.

I spent the entire first page ready to post Review and then boom, you beat me to it.

Just the most absurd premise that a guy is willing to destroy his entire life for his stupid tv show. He simply has to review whatever they tell him to review.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
There was a show on TBS called Angie Tribeca on TBS starring Rashinda Jones, ads for it made it looks like a Brooklyn 9-9 rip-off, but one night I caught an episode and it was pretty good, it was pretty much a modern-day Police Squad. One scene she's staking out a building taking pictures of people coming in and out, one guy starts posing for his shots and Rashida yells to him, "Prints will be ready on Friday!"
I also have vague memories of this cartoon from when I was a small child, the Sampsons, the Simptons, something like that?

I love Angie Tribeca because it encapsulates the ridiculous comedy of Leslie Nielsen or Scary Movie. The genre died because unfunny retards kept churning out shit like "Meet the Spartans" but Angie Tribeca is way more of a throwback to the 90s comedies I grew up with like The Naked Gun, Spy Hard, and Wrongfully Accused.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
I love Angie Tribeca because it encapsulates the ridiculous comedy of Leslie Nielsen or Scary Movie. The genre died because unfunny retards kept churning out shit like "Meet the Spartans" but Angie Tribeca is way more of a throwback to the 90s comedies I grew up with like The Naked Gun, Spy Hard, and Wrongfully Accused.
I just went back to check the who created/produced Angie Tribeca, it was created by Steve Carell and his wife, which honestly surprised me because it had Abrams/Zucker/Abrams written all over it. And you're right, the "Meet the _____," "______ Movie" shit killed the genre because they were lazy, crass, and as subtle as suicide bomber.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Review with Forrest MacNeil was hilarious and nobody I know irl has seen it. When I actually get people to watch it, they don't like it. It makes me feel fucking crazy. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and it's probably the most invested I've ever been in a series.
I forgot to mention that my old pal Max Gail is in this show as Forrest's dad.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
That show was hilarious. I love how it starts off innocent and just gets dark as the show goes on. I definitely need to watch it again.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I spent the entire first page ready to post Review and then boom, you beat me to it.

Just the most absurd premise that a guy is willing to destroy his entire life for his stupid tv show. He simply has to review whatever they tell him to review.
The racism episode is gold. When he starts hurling slurs and they all stop laughing except the old lady.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
I loved The Ben Stiller Show in the 90s when I was much much younger, but I watched it when it was released on DVD and thought it didn't hold up at all. What sketches do you think hold up? (Say hold up again)
You remember The Edge? Lasted a season on Fox in the early 90s, Wayne Knight and Jennifer Aniston were on it.

Forum Clout
Fox was a fledgling network and they took a lot of chances the 3 big networks were not willing to take. Some people forget how groundbreaking Married with Children was for its time. NBC, CBS, and ABC didn't give it a second look.
This is true, however, Get A Life was fucking weird, even by modern Adult Swim standards. Of course, it went sailing over almost everyone's head, too. Most people HATED it at the time. But I always liked Chris Elliot from his old Letterman bits, so I got the jokes.