• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Obscure tv show recommendation

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
Xena: Warrior Princess. Have you heard about it at all?

xena-shrug.jpg

EraGodless

Forum Clout
The second season of Get A Life got so bizarre. I loved it.
I think that's because Chris Elliott knew the show was on borrowed time so he just said, "fuck it." What made the show funny to me (and especially my father) was that Elliott was a 30 year old paperboy living with his parents- which was the same situation as our paperboy (more like paperman, amirite) when I was growing up. My paperboy should have gotten royalties or sumthin'.

Last edited:

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
The 90s had excellent shows that got cancelled early.

There was The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, with Bruce Campbell. One season and they cancelled it. One of the best written adventure comedies of the 90s.

And Space Above and Beyond. It was space marines working together to fight aliens. The slur for the aliens was "Chiggers", which made me laugh then, and still does. .

Also, the Zorro TV series was great, but it got cancelled in its 4th season.

Forum Clout
I think that's because Chris Elliott knew the show was on borrowed time so he just said, "fuck it." What made the show funny to me (and especially my father) was that Elliott was a 30 year old paperboy living with his parents- which was the same situation as our paperboy (more like paperman, amirite) when I was growing up. My paperboy should have gotten royalties or sumthin'.
It's kind of hard to believe that Get A Life actually aired on network TV, in prime time, on Sunday nights no less. And it just kept getting progressively weirder as it went along.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
It's kind of hard to believe that Get A Life actually aired on network TV, in prime time, on Sunday nights no less. And it just kept getting progressively weirder as it went along.
Fox was a fledgling network and they took a lot of chances the 3 big networks were not willing to take. Some people forget how groundbreaking Married with Children was for its time. NBC, CBS, and ABC didn't give it a second look.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
Shoestring

IMG_7534.jpeg

Get a Life is a good call. Highly underrated.

I thought Eerie, Indiana was good when I was a kid but I’m sure it sucks now.

NewsRadio and Drew Carey aren’t really obscure but both are good. Same with Due South and Northern Exposure.