• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff dead at 71

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Ok, a couple things I've learned going down this rabbit hole on and off the last two decades...

1. Anyone here who thinks there wasn't collusion is insane. Time Warner ate a lot of money to dump WCW, both in the contracts they paid off and selling the company for next to nothing. The price was so low that Diamond Dallas Page has said numerous times, just for the value of the tape library ALONE, he wishes him and a few of the guys ponied up their own money to buy the damn thing.

2. The same guy who got wrestling off of Turner, is the same guy who killed all the badass edgy animation Warner had for kids. It took them over a decade to get back to about where they left off, and as an animation fan, I still wouldn't say they've caught up really.

3. Short of the few Indy darlings remaining, WWE owns the libraries of itself, WCW, AWA, WCCW, ECW, Mid-South, and Smokey Mountain. It reads like both a monopoly and an obituary of the competitors he killed. Wild.

4. Cornette isn't right about everything - most things, but not everything - but he is right about AEW. You ever tried watching that shit? The one time Warner decides to bring back wrestling, and it's THAT? It's more childish than WWE. I hate to say it, but the Japanese might be the only semi watchable wrestling nowadays - and no surprise, it's because they play it serious. Who'd have thought? Oh yeah, Corney.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
4. Cornette isn't right about everything - most things, but not everything - but he is right about AEW. You ever tried watching that shit? The one time Warner decides to bring back wrestling, and it's THAT? It's more childish than WWE.
Every cardinal sin that WWE commits, AEW finds a way to top it. It's unbelievable. I thought the new crop of WWE guys were physically unimpressive and couldn't wrestle until I saw AEW.

The most over "full-time" guys from both companies right now are Edge and Chris Jericho. 47 and 50 respectively.

Corney's 100% right by shitting on that Kenny Omega, too. The drizzling shits.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
The World of Sport stuff I saw from Britain was very stiff, very genuine wrestling. When I saw early WWF in the late 90's - Brett Hart notwithstanding - I felt like I watched a fucking cartoon.

One of my American fans who corresponds sometimes, he says Ring of Honor plays it straight. I never see it aired here in Poznan - which is odd, as Poland his a bit of history with wrestling - so I can only take his word.