• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff dead at 71

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
"Wrestling With Shadows". Still makes me wonder if it was the ultimate industry work, in an industry that exposed itself years before.

The only reason I'd believe it was fully orchestrated is because Brett lived kayfabe to the point where he didn't talk to his brother Owen while they feuded, which must have killed a family guy like him.

The only motivation in faking it that makes sense is Vince wanted moles in WCW to finish them off. The big money offer was just double dipping.

It's convenient that right before Bret had to retire from WCW, Russo showed up and became head writer.

Vince knew WCW couldn't do shit with Bret. If they had stolen Shawn they could've done some damage, but Bret was going to flounder in WCW and he did.

Even an executive like Stu Snyder was a mole for Vince, and forced through the WWF purchase of WCW for pennies on the dollar. They had another buyer offering millions more.

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
Forum Clout
wresting...
360_F_76215441_s65J45h6qcK1J0GDkfwmO4P1Db9mq1BY.jpg

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Even an executive like Stu Snyder was a mole for Vince, and forced through the WWF purchase of WCW for pennies on the dollar. They had another buyer offering millions more.
Is that the guy Vince shared a college dorm with?

I think Bischoff wanted to buy WCW with that Fusient Media company, but the jews at Time Warner like Jamie Kellner wanted to kill it.

THE D

Forum Clout
Is that the guy Vince shared a college dorm with?

I think Bischoff wanted to buy WCW with that Fusient Media company, but the jews at Time Warner like Jamie Kellner wanted to kill it.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout

Hitler was right.

IanHalperin

Vibin'
Forum Clout
Speaking of Sunny, she recently got out of jail (again) and she's still a whore! She was asking people yesterday to fuck her on her onlyfans.
50d4d468-5a91-4246-bf6a-006878ce3b8a.jpg
66277897-4bd4-41e2-8365-3f849914d646.jpg

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout

Unless I missed it in the article -- Bischoff was ready to buy. He had the money ready and everything good to go. Right when they were about to sign the deal, Bischoff was informed by his lawyers that WCW would not come with TV time. So he could buy WCW, but the Turner networks would not air it, and the story he was told is that the AOL-Time Warner people did not want wrestling on their network at all.

WCW without TV time was worthless. It's easier to buy the company and continue airing the shows, but to put up money for a deal with no guaranteed TV time, no one was going to risk that.

THE D

Forum Clout
Unless I missed it in the article -- Bischoff was ready to buy. He had the money ready and everything good to go. Right when they were about to sign the deal, Bischoff was informed by his lawyers that WCW would not come with TV time. So he could buy WCW, but the Turner networks would not air it, and the story he was told is that the AOL-Time Warner people did not want wrestling on their network at all.

WCW without TV time was worthless. It's easier to buy the company and continue airing the shows, but to put up money for a deal with no guaranteed TV time, no one was going to risk that.
This news story is from 1 year before the sale... Everything you stated is fictionalized at best and is literally word for word retold from fake WWE documentaries.

Stu Snyder was a WWF exec who left WWF to work for Turner. He facilitated the WCW sale to WWF by sabotaging Bischoff's deal - He was the one who convinced AOL Time Warner to drop the TV shows, effectively souring Fusient's interest in the deal, causing it to implode, and allowing Vince to swoop in and snatch it for pennies.

WCW without TV time was worthless.

This is just plain false, and mostly what Bischoff tells himself to sleep well at night.

Not only were other networks lined up, but the brand was worth millions... that is not "worthless."

Fusient was primarily a TV company and only wanted into the deal because they wanted instant cable TV deal. WCW could have shopped around, it wouldn't have been better than your parent company owning and paying for it, but it would have kept them in the hunt.

Last edited:

Snake

Forum Clout

I saw a WCW house show in the last 90s and it was the shits.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
This news story is from 1 year before the sale... Everything you stated is fictionalized at best and is literally word for word retold from fake WWE documentaries.
I just watched a WWE documentary about this (last episode of "The Monday Night Wars"), so you are on point. That's where I got my info from.

So while I will say that you're likely correct about this, WCW would have come with those massive downside guarantee contracts that Brett was on and had to be honored. My point being that WCW came with major liabilities, even with TV time.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout

I thought that I knew all there was to know about this, but this was news to me. Damn.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I just watched a WWE documentary about this (last episode of "The Monday Night Wars"), so you are on point. That's where I got my info from.

So while I will say that you're likely correct about this, WCW would have come with those massive downside guarantee contracts that Brett was on and had to be honored. My point being that WCW came with major liabilities, even with TV time.
The big contracts were owned by AOL/Time Warner though, so hypothetically you could restart WCW and wait for those contracts to expire before they returned. This is essentially what happened in WWE with the nWo, Steiner and Goldberg (Booker and DDP broke their contracts and lost out on free money to get an early foot in the door in WWE).

The rest of the WCW midcarders and jobbers were independent contractors, so I'm gonna guess if WCW had gone under and re-emerged, technically their contracts were nullified without a payout.

WWE got the WCW and ECW guys dirt cheap as well. According to Jim Ross or Bruce Prichard - I forget - Rhyno was only on $100k for his first year in the company. I don't know if this was true then or is true now, but American independent contractors pay 38% in tax.

THE D

Forum Clout
Rhyno was only on $100k for his first year in the company. I don't know if this was true then or is true now, but American independent contractors pay 38% in tax.

Lmao, on top of having to pay your own travel, car, hotel, etc. Rhino's 2001 weight loss journey was by necessity because he was living off of 2,000 dollars year.

f6IwgpBQ9l0.jpg

546f6-15449485056277-800.jpg

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
The big contracts were owned by AOL/Time Warner though, so hypothetically you could restart WCW and wait for those contracts to expire before they returned. This is essentially what happened in WWE with the nWo, Steiner and Goldberg (Booker and DDP broke their contracts and lost out on free money to get an early foot in the door in WWE).
That's actually another point for how shady WWE purchasing WCW was. AOL TW sold low and *kept the liabilities*.

You're assuming that if Bischoff got WCW that the deal would have been identical to WWE's. My guess is that if Bischoff had wound up paying for WCW, he would have gotten all those contracts too.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
You're assuming that if Bischoff got WCW that the deal would have been identical to WWE's. My guess is that if Bischoff had wound up paying for WCW, he would have gotten all those contracts too.
You're right. They gave Vince a ridiculously better offer because they wanted there to be no chance of wrestling appearing on their channels ever again.

Bischoff and Fusient Media would have bought out the AOL/Time Warner contracts of the biggest stars. That's part of what makes the whole deal nonsensical and criminal: that Siegel cunt preferred to have his company eat the losses to pay guys to sit at home rather than relinquish the contracts and save millions. Where were the other execs to mention to somebody, "uh why are choosing to lose money for no reason?"

THE D

Forum Clout
"uh why are choosing to lose money for no reason?"

Look at it this way: It costs you 20 billion to get rid of them... They're out of your life for 20 billion. You got off cheap.

Turner execs might not have liked wrestling, but 80's-2000 it was Ted's show. Ted wanted old movies, cartoons, wrestling, and whatever the fuck else Ted wanted. His execs made it happen, even if they didn't like it, it simply wasn't their call.

The merger happened, and the company became unmanageable. I honestly don't even think it was the same execs. No company of that size wanted wrestling at the time. Maybe 5 years earlier, but the WWF had sullied the name of wrestling and made it an ultra specific brand to consumers.

You always hear stories about how WCW paid to fedex people empty boxes, etc. That happened due to corporate miscommunication. Now imagine how much worse the clerical errors would be when the entire parent company is merging, wings of the company are closing, new ventures starting up, the whole company was thrown into a blender. Vince took advantage of it and swept it all under the rug.