• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Morrissey is Dying

VoteJello

Forum Clout
I should never do this on the OnA forum, but I'm about to ask a genuine :image_9248_m:question. My n'er'do well 50 year old cousin in New Mexico who is currently doing a few days in jail for a DUI mentioned Mexicans and Native Navajos love Morrissey. How did this happen/ is it true?
I don't know how it happened but they generally seem to love histrionic music. I mean, even listen to mariachi with that in mind - it's crybaby fawning mama's boy music. The dichotomy of esé. Machismo in the front, emo in the back. And yes it's true, but it's not like every single Mexican likes Morrissey. Usually it's the trashier methy ones that would stab you.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
I should never do this on the OnA forum, but I'm about to ask a genuine :image_9248_m:question. My n'er'do well 50 year old cousin in New Mexico who is currently doing a few days in jail for a DUI mentioned Mexicans and Native Navajos love Morrissey. How did this happen/ is it true?

I've seen Morrissey three or four times, all in the 90s. By the time he did Coachella in 1999, his fans were just an ARMY of Hispanics.

It was absolutely wild; it felt like 60% of the people at Coachella were there for ONE person.

Morrissey wound up moving to Los Angeles a few years later, and I assume a big part of that was because literally 80% of his fans in the world were all in Mexico or SoCal.
I've never seen anything like this with any other artist. In the video for "Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before", there's a bunch of kids dressed up like Morrissey. But in the video, it's about eight white kids.

At Coachella it was literally an ARMY of Hispanics. Just a gazillion people all dressed like Morrissey, but literally 95% of them were Hispanic.

It was an absolutely terrible show, one of the worst I've ever been to in my life. But I really felt bad for every band that wasn't Morrissey, because their audiences were absolutely tiny, because it seemed like everyone was there for one dude.
I saw U-Ziq absolutely melting peoples faces off, and there were something like ten people in the audience. Underworld probably did one of the best sets I've ever seen in my life; there was around 100 people in attendance.

IIRC, the Chemical Brothers were playing simultaneously with Morrissey and it was about the only set that was getting much of an audience.
The irony here is that Underworld and U-ziq were undoubtably the best sets, but no one was there.

I just pulled up the lineup, and literally do not remember Beck being there at all. I think I may have bailed early; it was an absolute awful festival.
If anyone here ever listened to Tom Leykis, he used to have a guest on frequently named "Gustavo Arellano;" he's written entire books about why Morrissey is beloved by Hispanics:

097d9f044e2f1c905c8f416f449cf5d9.jpg

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Forum Clout
I've seen Morrissey three or four times, all in the 90s. By the time he did Coachella in 1999, his fans were just an ARMY of Hispanics.

It was absolutely wild; it felt like 60% of the people at Coachella were there for ONE person.

Morrissey wound up moving to Los Angeles a few years later, and I assume a big part of that was because literally 80% of his fans in the world were all in Mexico or SoCal.
I've never seen anything like this with any other artist. In the video for "Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before", there's a bunch of kids dressed up like Morrissey. But in the video, it's about eight white kids.

At Coachella it was literally an ARMY of Hispanics. Just a gazillion people all dressed like Morrissey, but literally 95% of them were Hispanic.

It was an absolutely terrible show, one of the worst I've ever been to in my life. But I really felt bad for every band that wasn't Morrissey, because their audiences were absolutely tiny, because it seemed like everyone was there for one dude.
I saw U-Ziq absolutely melting peoples faces off, and there were something like ten people in the audience. Underworld probably did one of the best sets I've ever seen in my life; there was around 100 people in attendance.

IIRC, the Chemical Brothers were playing simultaneously with Morrissey and it was about the only set that was getting much of an audience.
The irony here is that Underworld and U-ziq were undoubtably the best sets, but no one was there.

I just pulled up the lineup, and literally do not remember Beck being there at all. I think I may have bailed early; it was an absolute awful festival.
If anyone here ever listened to Tom Leykis, he used to have a guest on frequently named "Gustavo Arellano;" he's written entire books about why Morrissey is beloved by Hispanics:

View attachment 204104
I do recall an article in Guitar Player magazine in the late 90's trying to make sense of why this was. Comparing that fan base with the existing Smiths fanbase. My take back then, growing up in California, was that Mexicans love their flamboyant crooners, and a lot of the guys are closet cases who lust after handsome, charming... teehee Anglos.

Last edited:

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout

View attachment 204104
That's funny. I'd heard he was big with US Hispanics, but I don't get it. The Smiths/Morrisey is music for depressed working-class English kids and middle-class English kids who wished they were working-class and depressed. Russell Brand is a big fan, for example. What's his appeal for esses?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout

Mexicans loooove fucking Morrissey. I remember reading an article about Mozz Fest in I believe Mexico city.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Morrissey has been "gonna be dead any second now" for a long time.

Speaking of which, Gallagher heads may know a song from Noels second album called "Riverman." Pretty unique for Noel. His story about writing it was that he was in LA recording that album and Russell Brand invited Noel to come meet up with him and Morrissey at (now closed) Cat and Fiddle bar. Noel sees Mozz and is like "what the fuck I heard you were dying?" and Mozz is like "yet here I am." Morrissey had brought a CD he burned and was having the bar play it on the stereo all night. It had this on it:

Noels like "wtf is that?!" "well it's Brian Protheroe from 1974"

Noel then made this:

In an interview about his solo "best of" Noel's like that song is genius...I fucking ripped it off of "Pinball"....

Anyway, I caught my 17 year old daughter listening to "This Charming Man" a few months back and she's been listening to the shit out of The Smiths. I hope the tickets aren't too expensive dammit.

Forum Clout
Morrissey has been "gonna be dead any second now" for a long time.

Speaking of which, Gallagher heads may know a song from Noels second album called "Riverman." Pretty unique for Noel. His story about writing it was that he was in LA recording that album and Russell Brand invited Noel to come meet up with him and Morrissey at (now closed) Cat and Fiddle bar. Noel sees Mozz and is like "what the fuck I heard you were dying?" and Mozz is like "yet here I am." Morrissey had brought a CD he burned and was having the bar play it on the stereo all night. It had this on it:

Noels like "wtf is that?!" "well it's Brian Protheroe from 1974"

Noel then made this:

In an interview about his solo "best of" Noel's like that song is genius...I fucking ripped it off of "Pinball"....

Anyway, I caught my 17 year old daughter listening to "This Charming Man" a few months back and she's been listening to the shit out of The Smiths. I hope the tickets aren't too expensive dammit.

Riverman's a great song.

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout
I found fottage of @Dummy Gaynuts

CONGRATS ON KILLING YOUR ROOMMATE AND BLAMING IT ON BLACK PEOPLE, SCUMBAG

Henry Rollins' spoken word career was really important for me growing up. It pulled back the curtain on a lot of aspects of society. He made me realize that I should trust my instincts because I knew deep down in my heart that Black Flag sucked, and that I dont have to believe Henry Rollins has anything of worth to say just because other people tell me he does.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
I think it's hilarious that this sixty something year old queen managed to scare Noel Gallagher with his drinking:

Morrissey used to live on the same block as Johnny Depp and Marilyn Manson, yet somehow out drank them.

That's the same night I was talking about. I met Bonehead and Matt Pinfield there a different night. Pinfield drunkenly sang "Live Forever" while Bonehead played guitar. Like 8 people there.

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout

View attachment 204104
That lineup for the progression sessions looks fun.
Is that the year At the drive just fucked shit up and omar was breaking his strings and everything? I remember seeing a live version of arcarsenal that was impressively bad.

goo gobbler

UAlbany women's basketball fan
Forum Clout

View attachment 204104
that's hilarious, but i'll hand it to the spics, they can often have better taste than your average white person. the only few places i liked going out to in LA were places that played doowop and new wave and were dominated by hispanics. the more white people places were starting to play nothing but nigger shit

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
that's hilarious, but i'll hand it to the spics, they can often have better taste than your average white person. the only few places i liked going out to in LA were places that played doowop and new wave and were dominated by hispanics. the more white people places were starting to play nothing but nigger shit

Yep.

My wife looks like Heather Graham from Boogie Nights; that's why I have this username. If you remember the dude on OnA subreddit who was in the habit of posting pics of his big titty wife, that was me.

I met her in line at a night club in SoCal.

For the first few years, I felt like it was incredible that I'd had such luck, that I happened to be at the right place at the right time to meet her.
But eventually it dawned on me that the two of us would have certainly crossed paths sooner or later, because we're such outliers in that scene that you describe. It's mostly Hispanic; easily 85% of the people clubbing in SoCal are young and Hispanic, and my wife and I are just white as fuck. Eventually, it was inevitable that we would meet. I'm not some dog brain into astrology, but one might call it "fate."

"Swingers" is a great movie but it's not realistic. Here's Graham in "Swingers:"

MV5BYjY0ZjU4MGEtMGEzMi00MDQzLTg4YjgtNjcxNTNkMGVmZmFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Here's what those clubs actually looked like:

dsc-0177.jpg-067897.jpg