• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Marge Simpson's voice actor is just beyond bad now. Sounds like she has throat cancer.

Forum Clout
I'd say it's more like going to an old friends house, knocking on the door, only to have it open slowly. You walk in and you see the mummified corpse of your buddy's mother on the floor with shackles around the ankles. You gasp, look into the living room and you see your buddy laughing like a maniac at New Simpsons episodes. His dad's body is sitting in an armchair, handcuffed to a radiator and has been dead for 10 years.

Your buddy turns his head and sees you and says "Hey! What's up Ant's Hard drive of Horrors! It's been years! Have a seat, we're watching The Simpsons!"

You feel dizzy and close your eyes for a second and when you open them again you find yourself sharing a radiator with someone...
OK sure. I was more getting at the Simpsons is not the same show and it's silly to expect it to be the old show just because they live in the same house or have the same name.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
The Apu and the voice actors changing things are not related. Some Indian-American that grew up in America made a big stink about Apu because, according to him, no one actually talks alike that and Apu is just a bunch of racist, negative stereotypes. Nevermind that Apu is probably one of the best, most talented and hardworking people in Springfield. After that they decided to just retire the character. I don't know if they've brought him back.
Years later, a big stink was made on how you're not allowed to voice characters that are not your skin colour and that's why they replaced a lot of them. Phil Lamarr, famous black voice actor, was a big proponent of this but when it was pointed out that he was voicing Samurai Jack, he just said that it was different.
Recently, the anime Bleach has been brought back and a couple of voice actors for the dub hace declined reprising their roles because their characters are not white. They still have no problem voicing Asians though.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I don’t know or have ever met one person who watches the current Simpsons. My close group of friends I grew up with still quote Simpsons to each other but it’s only stuff from the good years (first couple seasons) and all stopped watching anything after 2000. I’ve heard people talking at work about shows they’re watching or something they saw and have never heard anyone say the current Simpsons. It’s like universally agreed that it stop being good decades ago.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
The latest Treehouse of Horrors was the best in a long time but mostly because they have sucked ass for at least 10 years. I have been watching only the halloween episodes for some time, and this one was at least entertaining. That bit about homer complaining of Unwarranted confidence made me want to stab a minority on sight.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I think after the whole Apu nonsense they said only white people would do white characters so any black / brown characters voice actor was changed to a black / brown person. I haven’t watched it in years but I’m guessing Carl’s voice has also changed.
Carl is yellow not white.

G

I don’t know who that is.
Akira.png