• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Lucy Lawless Appreciation Thread

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Every single time Bret and Austin were in the ring together or cutting promos on each other was great stuff. I wish that Austin refused to get in position for the sit-down tombstone that Owen gave him as he was a great technical wrestler before he broke his neck. I saw that match in person amongst a smark crowd.
I was too young at the time, i was 5 years old in 1997, just a baby compared to some of you here.

I started watching all that stuff afterwards when i was a bit older, during the 2000's in my teens.

I wish i was old enough at the time and in america so i could have followed it live and visited shows, but it wasn't meant to be, sniff.

G

Matilda was a cute pup. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

[MEDIA=youtube]3gsWt7ey6bo[/MEDIA]

Lucy can be my dog any day of the week 😏😏

4223C13B-DC8F-483F-A500-94F9EC26DA84.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
I was too young at the time, i was 5 years old in 1997, just a baby compared to some of you here.

I started watching all that stuff afterwards when i was a bit older, during the 2000's in my teens.

I wish i was old enough at the time and in america so i could have followed it live and visited shows, but it wasn't meant to be, sniff.

At least you got to see the good stuff. That’s all that matters.

I used to go to ECW shows and went to a few ppvs. Videos don’t do justice to RVD and Sabu in ECW, they were incredible live. I always loved how Sabu’s gimmick permitted him to botch and never have fans fuck with him over it. ECW Arena didn’t have air conditioning, it was brutal sitting near sweaty unwashed people. I hung out with New Jack a few times after ECW shows, he was one of most fan friendly people in that company and a really nice guy. New Jack lived his gimmick, but if you caught him after a show he was cool as hell and very funny. Bubba Ray Dudley was the opposite, he was really shitty to fans. I wish I could have gone to a WCW show in late 96.

Are European wrestling companies actively touring?

G

I used to go to ECW shows and went to a few ppvs. Videos don’t do justice to RVD and Sabu in ECW, they were incredible live. I always loved how Sabu’s gimmick permitted him to botch and never have fans fuck with him over it. ECW Arena didn’t have air conditioning, it was brutal sitting near sweaty unwashed people. I hung out with New Jack a few times after ECW shows, he was one of most fan friendly people in that company and a really nice guy. New Jack lived his gimmick, but if you caught him after a show he was cool as hell and very funny. Bubba Ray Dudley was the opposite, he was really shitty to fans. I wish I could have gone to a WCW show in late 96.

Where i live there isn’t any real professional wrestling companies. The only one i know near me is in Germany but i never really looked into it. I was only ever interested in American professional wrestling.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I’ve got nothing against homosexuals but the Kliq were a bunch of faggots, pardon my French. Nice fannypack, stupid!

View attachment 49153

The Kliq (nice edge lord spelling, stupids) seems to be a rare case where the whole doesn’t equal the sum of the parts. I think all of their best work came after they split apart.

Also, Scott Hall was a real ass dude. He straight killed somebody who pulled a gun on him. Plus he never really was a mark for himself, just wanted to make a lot of money. The favored nations clause he had at WCW was brilliantly executed.

I was going to make a case for Nash and Waltman too but I’m fine with letting you have them if you make an exception for Scott.

Please be reasonable!

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout

Must have been awesome to have gone to wrestling shows during that time, the atmosphere must have been electric during shows, i'm so jealous.

I don't follow any modern wrestling (more like children cosplaying as wrestlers), so i wouldn't really know how big the european scene is right now.

I know one of my countrymen wrestles for the WWE, Aleister Black, but he seemed like a really cringy tryhard character, but to be fair they all are these days.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout

There’s no where else in the world where ECW could have survived as long as it did.

The thing people don’t really bring up is how many top talent guys went through ECW. Sure, they had Sandman (real ass dude) and New Jack (real ass dude), but they also had Eddie Guerrero, Terry Funk, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Chris Candido, Bam Bam Bigelow (real ass dude), RVD, etc.

Sandman was fucking awesome. Best shoot interviews, easily.

G

The Kliq (nice edge lord spelling, stupids) seems to be a rare case where the whole doesn’t equal the sum of the parts. I think all of their best work came after they split apart.

Also, Scott Hall was a real ass dude. He straight killed somebody who pulled a gun on him. Plus he never really was a mark for himself, just wanted to make a lot of money. The favored nations clause he had at WCW was brilliantly executed.

I was going to make a case for Nash and Waltman too but I’m fine with letting you have them if you make an exception for Scott.

Please be reasonable!

I agree with you, i liked Michaels and Triple H as heels in Degeneration X. I’m not really familair with their work in the mid 00’s

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
DX really hasn't held up that well for me, real edgelord humor, knowing all the backstage bullshit really doesn't help either.

Michaels best work was in the mid 2000's anyway, his feuds with Jericho and Undertaker are great.

Never cared that much for Triple H, but his feud with Cactus Jack in 2000 is still one of my favourites though, Foley really got the best out of him, like he did with so many of his opponents.

Last edited:

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
There’s no where else in the world where ECW could have survived as long as it did.

The thing people don’t really bring up is how many top talent guys went through ECW. Sure, they had Sandman (real ass dude) and New Jack (real ass dude), but they also had Eddie Guerrero, Terry Funk, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Chris Candido, Bam Bam Bigelow (real ass dude), RVD, etc.

Sandman was fucking awesome. Best shoot interviews, easily.
Foley's run in ECW was also great, some of the best promo's of his career.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Forum Clout
Jesus Goddamn Christ!

I feel like I need to take PrEP reading all this gay wrestling shit.

They are roided up faggots that don't even have the decency to perform athletic feats!

(Also looking at bodybuilders)

G
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
DX really hasn't held up that well for me, real edgelord humor, knowing all the backstage bullshit really doesn't help either.

Michaels best work was in the mid 2000's anyway, his feuds with Jericho and Undertaker are great.

Never cared that much for Triple H, but his feud with Cactus Jack in 2000 is still one of my favourites though, Foley really got the best out of him, like he did with so many of his opponents.
Agreed - Shawn Michaels’ best work is his solo in-ring stuff. His promos have always been a little bit better than mediocre at absolute best. His in-ring ability was great, he brought so much energy into his matches since he could get tossed around but still hit sweet chin music from anywhere.

Hunter is kind of the same deal, slightly better on the mic but not as good in ring. He probably would be remembered more fondly if he wasn’t forced down everybody’s throat for decades.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout

I was a Rockers fan as a child. Marty Janetty was supposed to get the Shawn Michaels run as he was more talented than Shawn was. As a kid nobody I knew really cared about Michaels in the Rockers, it was all Marty. Marty’s drug use really screwed him over as he was good in the ring.

Michaels always had good matches with Taker. I really dug the original Hell in a Cell match back in the day and their feud. DX was so overrated when I look back, but so is a lot of the “attitude era” of the WWF. At least everyone on the card had a storyline then. WWE is too lazy to do that today.

CM Punk is a poseur punk and a little bitch. Notice how he only ever mentioned popular punk and hardcore bands? Faggot wasn’t mentioning Crass or even Earth Crisis, just Minor Threat, AFI and Misfits like they’re underground. That fag always annoyed me with his pretend “underground punk” bullshit and his general manlet physique coupled with a massive undeserved ego. WWE is dog shit and AEW is mediocre. I watch occasional clips on YouTube and they both suck in different ways. AEW let’s the talent basically do whatever they want and WWE only does what an elderly Vince wants. Vince is based, but he should just retire. That’s the end of my riffing word salad.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Triple H from the Cactus feud in 2000 to his quad injury in 2001 is GOAT level. His delivery of his promos ("I AM THE GAME, BECAUSE I CRIPPLED STEVE AUSTIN!!" etc.) to how he maintained his body and his quality of matches totally surpassed HBK and he was the perfect foil for Rock and Austin to work with, which is a lofty position.

So many heels lack what he had, and he was one of the best: he had a psychopathic lust for the belt and would do anything for it, real life or in character.

And, come on, he had the best entrance themes. My Time, The Game, Line In The Sand, King of Kings... aesthetically he's based. He just really sucked in 2002 and 2003 and anybody else would've lost their spot, but he tied the knot with Stephanie in 2003.