• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Listening to Bill Burr defending this awful George Carlin special from 2005 is annoying.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Carlin's bits was so well rehearsed that it almost had a flow to it. Even if you don't like the material, the presentation was far superior to these podcast clowns rambling about dating apps and the Russian mob with no discernable setup and punchline.

Also, Bill Hicks lifted a lot of his shtick from Barry Crimmins. If you noticed, a lot of his non-political stuff was all about drugs while he did goofy faces. That's what his early sets were like.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Carlin's bits was so well rehearsed that it almost had a flow to it.
Carlin would write his entire act down verbatim. Then tour small clubs for two or three years memorizing the act down to the word. Then spend the last year touring arenas and stadiums to make money. Then finally doing an HBO special. Chris Rock had the exact same style and tours. Closest guy now is probably like Anthony Jeselnik where his act is basically rehearsed down to the word. Nowadays comics are in a rush to make 30 second social media videos just to be the first person to comment on some political event. Like how South Park's writers don't even start writing until six days before the show has to air. Carlin's act was mediocre trash content wise, and doesn't really hold up today, but he was at least a high end professional.

This was something that the Worm Norton complained that bands would do. How they would memorize their concert set then do the same set for three or four straight years on tour before finally writing a new album. And that they never had to update their material or do anything new because fans only wanted to hear the hits. Yet pretty much all of Worm's favorite comics were the ones who did the robotic memorization of their acts and took them on tour for half a decade.

What is funny is that Worm's stories of Monster Rain and Devil's Creek and his prostitute stories are more fascinating and interesting than anything I have ever heard from Carlin or Hicks. Norton could tell a story. Like his rant about Derek Jeter. Or his chasing down the stolen bus. I could listen to those over and over. But I will never listen to Carlin or Hicks ever again as their material has aged horrifically.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Carlin is a hero for comedians of a certain generation. Just because they wanted people to see them as that "speaking truth to power" pissed off WITTY jester. Younger generations of course will remember him for Funny Old Man Said Fuck !!! Lol he's so relatable!

Forum Clout
I saw Carlin in Vegas in 2000, early in his Angry Vegas phase. I read somewhere that he despised playing Vegas, and was deliberately as antagonistic as possible just to annoy the audience. Anyway, it was pretty good, but the consensus after the show was that he could have stood to ease up on the disgruntlement a little. I always liked Carlin, but during the 2000s, he just wasn't very funny.

Snake

Forum Clout
Carlin himself just ripped off Kinison and Hicks. Before Hicks he was doing "hippie" and "dad" jokes like a dope. Pot humor basically. Only after Hicks started doing his ranting screaming left wing propaganda style humor did Carlin magically find it okay to do that. And Kinison was the one before both of them who did the loud screaming ranting style. The only difference was that Hicks was friends with Kinison and they wrote stuff for each other and were influences on each other.

Carlin just saw what they were doing and copied it. He's no better than Worm Norton who built an entire persona around Colin Quinn and the Jerky Boys and pretended like it was his own original voice. Carlin would have been doing jokes about the weather and what type of umbrella to use had Hicks and Kinison not been in standup comedy.
Look at anything he was doing pre 80s and all he was missing was Norton's whacky standup voice. Then he pretends to be angry with his baby noises on Christianity and White people for the next twenty years.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Look at anything he was doing pre 80s and all he was missing was Norton's whacky standup voice. Then he pretends to be angry with his baby noises on Christianity and White people for the next twenty years.
Just imagine this in a high pitch Carlin voice: "And so you have these White business pieces of shit in the suburbs with their small dick SUVs and fancy fucking ice cream flavors like obese primate!!!".

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Carlin would write his entire act down verbatim. Then tour small clubs for two or three years memorizing the act down to the word. Then spend the last year touring arenas and stadiums to make money. Then finally doing an HBO special. Chris Rock had the exact same style and tours. Closest guy now is probably like Anthony Jeselnik where his act is basically rehearsed down to the word. Nowadays comics are in a rush to make 30 second social media videos just to be the first person to comment on some political event. Like how South Park's writers don't even start writing until six days before the show has to air. Carlin's act was mediocre trash content wise, and doesn't really hold up today, but he was at least a high end professional.

This was something that the Worm Norton complained that bands would do. How they would memorize their concert set then do the same set for three or four straight years on tour before finally writing a new album. And that they never had to update their material or do anything new because fans only wanted to hear the hits. Yet pretty much all of Worm's favorite comics were the ones who did the robotic memorization of their acts and took them on tour for half a decade.

What is funny is that Worm's stories of Monster Rain and Devil's Creek and his prostitute stories are more fascinating and interesting than anything I have ever heard from Carlin or Hicks. Norton could tell a story. Like his rant about Derek Jeter. Or his chasing down the stolen bus. I could listen to those over and over. But I will never listen to Carlin or Hicks ever again as their material has aged horrifically.

Worm crying that he can't make fun of Islam and then lecturing the audience about what you can't say instead of just saying something horrible and refusing to apologize is several levels below Carlin. Carlin was about to release a 9/11 special where he said he liked it when more people die. More balls than faux-Warmonger Worm.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
Carlin had his moments but a lot of his stuff is just stupid and nitpicky bullshit.

“So the stewardess tells me I can get on the plane. Fuck you, I’m getting IN the plane!”

ARE YA???

that complaint of yours is word for world a stand ups joke about carlin that he put in a special that you obviously saw

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Carlin himself just ripped off Kinison and Hicks. Before Hicks he was doing "hippie" and "dad" jokes like a dope. Pot humor basically. Only after Hicks started doing his ranting screaming left wing propaganda style humor did Carlin magically find it okay to do that. And Kinison was the one before both of them who did the loud screaming ranting style. The only difference was that Hicks was friends with Kinison and they wrote stuff for each other and were influences on each other.

Carlin just saw what they were doing and copied it. He's no better than Worm Norton who built an entire persona around Colin Quinn and the Jerky Boys and pretended like it was his own original voice. Carlin would have been doing jokes about the weather and what type of umbrella to use had Hicks and Kinison not been in standup comedy.
So much this.