• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

JV from the Doghouse Has Gone Missing!

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
Opester hinted years ago that people were offing themselves cause there's no opportunities in radio.

And now the internet is getting cracked down on. I wonder who the common denominator between all these crackdowns are. These people need a.....talking to, perhaps...a bit more, if I may be so bold, sir.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Opester hinted years ago that people were offing themselves cause there's no opportunities in radio.

And now the internet is getting cracked down on. I wonder who the common denominator between all these crackdowns are. These people need a.....talking to, perhaps...a bit more, if I may be so bold, sir.
Alright I get what you’re getting at and while I agree there seems to be a common denominator between all religions and censorship. Most of the FM crackdowns like O&A used to explain had NOTHING to do with FCC violations and more to do with content restrictions from the radio industry as a whole. I hate to give a Tomlinson Take here, but the 80’s and 90’s was notoriously dominated by Christian Conservatives inserting “values” into media which is in and of itself censorship. Sure, it was stupid shit like “Adult Advisory” labels on CD’s, the ESRB rating system, or banning foul language on network TV, but it’s censorship non the less. Then look at the Muzzies. Draw Muhammed? Dead. Fuck a man? Dead. Tell them to stop wearing headscarves? Cities start burning. Then the Juuuhhhhhhh makes it so even something as innocuous as “Jewish people are good with money” censorable.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I do agree that there is a giant hole in media entertainment (in this case audio based like podcasts or radio shows) that could be filled by anyone. But it certainly won’t be filled by anyone in radio. 1.) They could never be completely uncensored 2.) You’re shooting yourself in the foot by choosing radio to broadcast. Not many people listen to it, those that do aren’t looking for “new content” as much as something to tune out to on the drive to work, and there’s so much issues with basically selling yourself to a radio station. The whole “live simulcast” thing you brought up is a great idea, but radio is like any other corporation and hates new ideas or anything that benefits people.

The point would be to leverage the accessibility of the FM medium... When broadcast on FM, the feed can be easily transcoded to a live internet stream that you can then do whatever you want with. There has to be a MAGA retard out there willing to fork over cash to "melt the snowflakes, fight CRT, and end the woke" etc. etc

An FM radio station already has the physical means (podcast equipment is rare to find in the city.) Why start a basement studio only inhabited by yourself? You gonna invite guests over to your house? Or terrible covid Zoom interviews on webcam? You gonna float that internet bill and get your own content delivery network to livestream your audio and video for thousands of viewers without lag or dropouts? You also gonna rent a studio space too? Think it through. There are more steps involved in becoming a sole-fucking-proprietor -- when you can simply get a studio to pay YOU to show up and perform? You're thinking of the FM station as a liability or as the "middle man" when really they could be the life raft of the censored internet. There are dead stations with no talent, roles are not being filled, seats are empty. FM radio might not be profitable right now but it still exists and it's waiting to be exploited properly.

There is also the aspect of interacting with outsiders. Other show hosts, other show fans, callers who stumbled upon you. You make noise in any given region, you build from there online. There is a wide open field of opportunity... There's still gold in them shock jock hills. Enough time has PAST now where young people want some talk shows that are above all else real. You will see someone do it within a few years.

And I don't think being "completely uncensored" is a good thing in every case anyway. Some are better served having guidelines... in some cases, it can enhance how they present themselves to the public. Good luck getting any business to play a talk show when you say Fuck or Cunt every other word... Meanwhile, growing up in NYC, Howard Stern was impossible to avoid... his popularity was booming and he was ever-present. His voice blaring on boomboxes at food vendors and over the speakers at deli's. Because he wasn't saying fuck or cunt. And personally, I don't feel like listening to someone spew their verbal crutches anymore either. It's draining. Does Joe Rogan do that? See my point?

If Cumia had purchased a local FM station and simply streamline all the content to the internet (maybe an uncensored No Dump version like O&A did with XM/FM simulcasts) the money would have been better served than his moneypit at Compound. The 'convenience' of having your own outfit totally disconnects you from the outside world, and I'm not even getting into the paywall.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
The point would be to leverage the accessibility of the FM medium... When broadcast on FM, the feed can be easily transcoded to a live internet stream that you can then do whatever you want with. There has to be a MAGA retard out there willing to fork over cash to "melt the snowflakes, fight CRT, and end the woke" etc. etc

An FM radio station already has the physical means (podcast equipment is rare to find in the city.) Why start a basement studio only inhabited by yourself? You gonna invite guests over to your house? Or terrible covid Zoom interviews on webcam? You gonna float that internet bill and get your own content delivery network to livestream your audio and video for thousands of viewers without lag or dropouts? You also gonna rent a studio space too? Think it through. There are more steps involved in becoming a sole-fucking-proprietor -- when you can simply get a studio to pay YOU to show up and perform? You're thinking of the FM station as a liability or as the "middle man" when really they could be the life raft of the censored internet. There are dead stations with no talent, roles are not being filled, seats are empty. FM radio might not be profitable right now but it still exists and it's waiting to be exploited properly.

There is also the aspect of interacting with outsiders. Other show hosts, other show fans, callers who stumbled upon you. You make noise in any given region, you build from there online. There is a wide open field of opportunity... There's still gold in them shock jock hills. Enough time has PAST now where young people want some talk shows that are above all else real. You will see someone do it within a few years.

And I don't think being "completely uncensored" is a good thing in every case anyway. Some are better served having guidelines... in some cases, it can enhance how they present themselves to the public. Good luck getting any business to play a talk show when you say Fuck or Cunt every other word... Meanwhile, growing up in NYC, Howard Stern was impossible to avoid... his popularity was booming and he was ever-present. His voice blaring on boomboxes at food vendors and over the speakers at deli's. Because he wasn't saying fuck or cunt. And personally, I don't feel like listening to someone spew their verbal crutches anymore either. It's draining. Does Joe Rogan do that? See my point?

If Cumia had purchased a local FM station and simply streamline all the content to the internet (maybe an uncensored No Dump version like O&A did with XM/FM simulcasts) the money would have been better served than his moneypit at Compound. The 'convenience' of having your own outfit totally disconnects you from the outside world, and I'm not even getting into the paywall.
opinion on management (something to gripe about and being under) being a lost factor in podcasts?

G

Yeah, I don’t think it’ll ever happen in radio again but at some point somebody’s going to try to reproduce what these guys did, what Howard Stern did, and they’re going to try to do it in a podcast.

There is such a huge market for guys who enjoy (I cringe typing this) “guy” humor. Stupid dick jokes and meanness, making fun of retards and losers. People are so tired of being told they have to care what everybody thinks about everything.

Cumtown was fun but Nick needs help he’s not getting and their show was too lazy. I think it was the funniest thing since Opie and Anthony, but a lot of people didn’t like it because they were lefties and maybe there was too much of the juvenile “you’re gay” type of humor. That’s fine.

They had a pretty high percentage of their audience that were right wingers who hated restrictions put on comedy. They loved the race humor, to the point that it actually made the hosts uncomfortable. Because they’re pussies. I love Nick, but he’s a pussy.

Eventually someone is going to come around and put together the right mix of meanness, juvenile humor, dick jokes, and political neutrality and it’s going to be huge. People want to laugh at things they are not “allowed“ to laugh at so the market is absolutely there. No one else is taking up that space. At all.

Forum Clout
Yeah, I don’t think it’ll ever happen in radio again but at some point somebody’s going to try to reproduce what these guys did, what Howard Stern did, and they’re going to try to do it in a podcast.

There is such a huge market for guys who enjoy (I cringe typing this) “guy” humor. Stupid dick jokes and meanness, making fun of retards and losers. People are so tired of being told they have to care what everybody thinks about everything.

Cumtown was fun but Nick needs help he’s not getting and their show was too lazy. I think it was the funniest thing since Opie and Anthony, but a lot of people didn’t like it because they were lefties and maybe there was too much of the juvenile “you’re gay” type of humor. That’s fine.

They had a pretty high percentage of their audience that were right wingers who hated restrictions put on comedy. They loved the race humor, to the point that it actually made the hosts uncomfortable. Because they’re pussies. I love Nick, but he’s a pussy.

Eventually someone is going to come around and put together the right mix of meanness, juvenile humor, dick jokes, and political neutrality and it’s going to be huge. People want to laugh at things they are not “allowed“ to laugh at so the market is absolutely there. No one else is taking up that space. At all.
I'd agree, but I feel like half the audience for this shit has been so deluded by "The Culture War" they'd reject anything not right-wing by default. They like guys like Burr because he was more or less grandfathered in and Chappelle because trannies, but a lot of who you're describing have their Conservatism as a personality trait and are going to take any form of not being 100% down with it as a personal betrayal. Famously, all of these guys loved South Park "because they make fun of everyone! XD"... right up until they made too many Garrison Trump jokes. Which was maybe half a dozen times in a span of 5 years. Shit, half of them get confused and kind of frustrated going back and listening to how "woke" Anthony was pre Obama/Trayvon.

It'll happen, eventually. When shit calms down. No time soon, though.

GOD DAMN RICH CUNT

and then she shoved hay in her twat and asshole
Forum Clout
I'd agree, but I feel like half the audience for this shit has been so deluded by "The Culture War" they'd reject anything not right-wing by default.
That isn't their fault. The left has called anyone who doesn't tow the line exactly as they want a nazi, bigot, racist etc. I don't identify as right wing, but I'm forced to because I don't like faggots.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Ironically enough, I think this is the optimal time for a new radio superstar to explode in popularity overnight.

You have long form audio podcasting at the peak of its popularity right now. 10 years ago, it would be mostly unheard of to hear someone admit that they spent hours listening to .mp3s of people talk. Now that it's totally normal, the pre-recorded, 'canned' format of podcasting has sucked the energy out of the game.

If one show (whether a solo guy or a duo) popped up in a major FM market and advertised an online live stream properly, harping on the point that it's LIVE every day, you can call and contribute, watch things unfold in realtime... They could become a national name by taking advantage of the trends and the void/openings that the changes have made. They would just need to be in a position where the boss won't panic and fire them. Just keep doing what you do, don't apologize, and let the spectators build up.

Also factor in the 'sensitive' atmosphere of the world today, you have the optimal conditions for a 'shock jock' to get himself over, and get some heat. After 9/11, it was nearly impossible for Howard Stern to come up with anything provocative. You couldn't shock or offend people anymore. Now? People's feigned reactions are your best PR when you're trying to build a brand of being shocking and offensive.
The local guys from the market I live in were actually brought up as good on OnA. They’re fairly popular among older people and you can stream them online but I assume nobody does. It’s still a dying medium because of the censorship maannn and I a think they still sporadically play music. Not to mention the commercials.

G

I'd agree, but I feel like half the audience for this shit has been so deluded by "The Culture War" they'd reject anything not right-wing by default. They like guys like Burr because he was more or less grandfathered in and Chappelle because trannies, but a lot of who you're describing have their Conservatism as a personality trait and are going to take any form of not being 100% down with it as a personal betrayal. Famously, all of these guys loved South Park "because they make fun of everyone! XD"... right up until they made too many Garrison Trump jokes. Which was maybe half a dozen times in a span of 5 years. Shit, half of them get confused and kind of frustrated going back and listening to how "woke" Anthony was pre Obama/Trayvon.

It'll happen, eventually. When shit calms down. No time soon, though.
Yes, true. I have found that most free-speech platforms tend to lean right. Unmoderated forums, for example, always do to some extent. Which is why they are so hard to find now.

I’m pretty sure that’s why Stavros left Cumtown, he was disgusted by the right wing segment of their fan base.

But I look at it this way, too: The Cumtkwn guy are all leftists and they still attracted righties. I think most right leaning people hungry for mean comedy would tolerate a politically nebulous or politically mixed show as long as it’s funny. And not outwardly hostile to them. Because they’re tired of that sort of thing. I don’t care if someone is a leftist for the most part as long as they aren’t a bad person and as long as they don’t try to marginalize or silence the people they disagree with like a certain fatso I know.

Taking it from the opposite extreme, most of the people here who lean really hard to the right can’t stand Anthony in his current form. If he were still funny, it would matter a lot less to them.

But I agree with your general premise wholeheartedly. There could be an exception but it would have to be just that, an exception. Exceptionally funny. And exceptionally fair or at least even, like they make fun of everyone no matter what.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Yes, true. I have found that most free-speech platforms tend to lean right. Unmoderated forums, for example, always do to some extent. Which is why they are so hard to find now.

I’m pretty sure that’s why Stavros left Cumtown, he was disgusted by the right wing segment of their fan base.

But I look at it this way, too: The Cumtkwn guy are all leftists and they still attracted righties. I think most right leaning people hungry for mean comedy would tolerate a politically nebulous or politically mixed show as long as it’s funny. And not outwardly hostile to them. Because they’re tired of that sort of thing. I don’t care if someone is a leftist for the most part as long as they aren’t a bad person and as long as they don’t try to marginalize or silence the people they disagree with like a certain fatso I know.

Taking it from the opposite extreme, most of the people here who lean really hard to the right can’t stand Anthony in his current form. If he were still funny, it would matter a lot less to them.

But I agree with your general premise wholeheartedly. There could be an exception but it would have to be just that, an exception. Exceptionally funny. And exceptionally fair or at least even, like they make fun of everyone no matter what.
If I voted it would probably be center left but my sense of humour and my politics don't mix. Guess I am just weird 🤷‍♂️