• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

JV from the Doghouse Has Gone Missing!

Jizz

Forum Clout
sounds like he went crazy from lyme disease and has gone missing and is feared dead! the bbboys were on free fm with them and would fight about the boys' show running late. it made for great radio and the pest community hopes he is found alive!

b716f1d5afbd616e5575404ee9241d16.png

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I never even listened to the O&A bit on them so this is a rather disconnected thought but i’m honestly surprised more radio guys don’t kill themselves. You don’t even have a chance at success anymore. O&A talked about it to death but during the end of their careers the only people who were getting big radio jobs were celebrities. It must fucking suck to know you’re in a career where you will ALWAYS be local, especially if you got in around the time when it didn’t look like the business would ever slow down. I JUST listened to this bit but can’t remember exactly where its from of O&A doing a really short retrospective on what happened to some of these jocks. Maxwell ended up moving to a different station and going by the name “Slater”. John and Jeff split up and John (?) started a solo show under a new fake name. It must fucking kill you to have a career where you can’t even be yourself.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I never even listened to the O&A bit on them so this is a rather disconnected thought but i’m honestly surprised more radio guys don’t kill themselves. You don’t even have a chance at success anymore. O&A talked about it to death but during the end of their careers the only people who were getting big radio jobs were celebrities. It must fucking suck to know you’re in a career where you will ALWAYS be local, especially if you got in around the time when it didn’t look like the business would ever slow down. I JUST listened to this bit but can’t remember exactly where its from of O&A doing a really short retrospective on what happened to some of these jocks. Maxwell ended up moving to a different station and going by the name “Slater”. John and Jeff split up and John (?) started a solo show under a new fake name. It must fucking kill you to have a career where you can’t even be yourself.

Ironically enough, I think this is the optimal time for a new radio superstar to explode in popularity overnight.

You have long form audio podcasting at the peak of its popularity right now. 10 years ago, it would be mostly unheard of to hear someone admit that they spent hours listening to .mp3s of people talk. Now that it's totally normal, the pre-recorded, 'canned' format of podcasting has sucked the energy out of the game.

If one show (whether a solo guy or a duo) popped up in a major FM market and advertised an online live stream properly, harping on the point that it's LIVE every day, you can call and contribute, watch things unfold in realtime... They could become a national name by taking advantage of the trends and the void/openings that the changes have made. They would just need to be in a position where the boss won't panic and fire them. Just keep doing what you do, don't apologize, and let the spectators build up.

Also factor in the 'sensitive' atmosphere of the world today, you have the optimal conditions for a 'shock jock' to get himself over, and get some heat. After 9/11, it was nearly impossible for Howard Stern to come up with anything provocative. You couldn't shock or offend people anymore. Now? People's feigned reactions are your best PR when you're trying to build a brand of being shocking and offensive.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Ironically enough, I think this is the optimal time for a new radio superstar to explode in popularity overnight.

You have long form audio podcasting at the peak of its popularity right now. 10 years ago, it would be mostly unheard of to hear someone admit that they spent hours listening to .mp3s of people talk. Now that it's totally normal, the pre-recorded, 'canned' format of podcasting has sucked the energy out of the game.

If one show (whether a solo guy or a duo) popped up in a major FM market and advertised an online live stream properly, harping on the point that it's LIVE every day, you can call and contribute, watch things unfold in realtime... They could become a national name by taking advantage of the trends and the void/openings that the changes have made. They would just need to be in a position where the boss won't panic and fire them. Just keep doing what you do, don't apologize, and let the spectators build up.

Also factor in the 'sensitive' atmosphere of the world today, you have the optimal conditions for a 'shock jock' to get himself over, and get some heat. After 9/11, it was nearly impossible for Howard Stern to come up with anything provocative. You couldn't shock or offend people anymore. Now? People's feigned reactions are your best PR when you're trying to build a brand of being shocking and offensive.
The problem is is that , while I think what you’re saying is a good idea, everything you just described wouldn’t happen. Podcasting blew up so big as a result of overreaching radio regulations. AM was regulated so people moved to FM to be uncensored. Then FM cracked down, and people moved to satellite. Now satellite is cracking down and people moved to the internet. Now i’m trying to think of a good example here but lets say someone wanted to be the “Joe Rogan of radio”. You get an FM or satellite job, and the minute you say some shit like “Jews are good with money” you are off the air and never getting a job again. The only reason people like Howard or O&A skated from controversy like that is because their fanbase meant no matter the risk of saying something offensive the money was always there. If you don’t have some sort of leverage or power over radio stations to basically say “Ok. You won’t pay me to be on air? I’ll just do a podcast and cut you all out of the equation.” they wouldn’t hire you.

And if you have that kind of leverage to where you don’t NEED radio….why not just do a podcast. I do agree that there is a giant hole in media entertainment (in this case audio based like podcasts or radio shows) that could be filled by anyone. But it certainly won’t be filled by anyone in radio. 1.) They could never be completely uncensored 2.) You’re shooting yourself in the foot by choosing radio to broadcast. Not many people listen to it, those that do aren’t looking for “new content” as much as something to tune out to on the drive to work, and there’s so much issues with basically selling yourself to a radio station. The whole “live simulcast” thing you brought up is a great idea, but radio is like any other corporation and hates new ideas or anything that benefits people. Remember how hard O&A had to fight for a visual element, or a simulcast of the show, or Paltalk, or literally anything that would promote their show and take it into the internet era? It got shut down because the suits considered it giving away content for free and the internet to be a direct competitor to radio.

Ramble over, i don’t know what i’m getting at

GOD DAMN RICH CUNT

and then she shoved hay in her twat and asshole
Forum Clout
Opester hinted years ago that people were offing themselves cause there's no opportunities in radio.
AM was regulated so people moved to FM to be uncensored. Then FM cracked down, and people moved to satellite. Now satellite is cracking down and people moved to the internet.
And now the internet is getting cracked down on. I wonder who the common denominator between all these crackdowns are. These people need a.....talking to, perhaps...a bit more, if I may be so bold, sir.