Joe's D Day

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.
I’m very hungover and my brain ain’t workin no good’ but what are the maths on this? This seems like total fucking bullshit.

Isn’t he saying that they’re scattering the ashes but he died on that beach? So they went back along the beach after the landing, found the dead guy and identified him, shipped his body back to the USA where he was cremated, his ashes were given to his apparently 8 year old wife and just now she’s gotten around to bringing them all the way back? FUCKING BULLSHIT

I am assuming Joe just misspelled and got mixed up died with fought on. The son would be 80+ after all if it wasn't the case.

Veteran's having ashes spread at places that meant something to them isn't unheard of. A little weird though. Normally people like being left in happy places.

Taking a photo of a pile of ashes just dumped on the beach is fucking rude.

Anthony's Lime Rickey

Anthony Cumia is a Pedophile
world-war-ii-france-invasion-of-normandy-1944-us-troops-use-dead-cows-as-cover-on-road-to-peri...jpg

TorpidSloth

Why should he? America is number 1 in all things and is worshipped by all other countries. Pointing to his hat alone should have been enough. I'm sure it was some North African diversity hire that denied him a bike.
"I've been riding motorbikes for 55 years. Trust me, nothing will happen."

"I understand, Sir, but I just work here, I don't make ze rules. You could get in an accident zat is not your fault. Then because you do not av ze international license, we would get in trouble, you see."

"Whatever, snowflake."

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer

Today’s takeaway. We can watch Band of Brothers, Saving Pvt Ryan, The Longest Day, Fury etc… and enjoy the hell out of them (if WWII history is your thing) but it doesn’t come close to hitting home until you visit the actual locations that were depicted in the movies.

My day was like this…

St Mere Eglise (82d airborne museum)
Utah Beach (USA landing)
Sword Beach (UK landing)
Omaha American cemetary.
Omaha Beach
Point Du Hoc (US Rangers)

Posting pics and some video below. It was an amazing tour that ALL Americans should try to experience. D-day was 80 years ago but it’s one of those things that should never be forgotten. The sacrifice, hardship, loss of life and uncommon valor , 19yr old kids with rifles running headlong onto a fortified beach full well knowing they may be killed at any moment, is something this world (hopefully) will never see again. This was one of my top 3 experiences in my lifetime. I’m blessed for having the opportunity to experience it. #NeverForget”