How does this retard work on a cruiseship and not know where he's going?

Dennis Denuto

It's the vibe
o8ynlz.png

To be completely honest witcha, going on a cruise around Europe and playing guitar for a few months would be kind of fun. Like a nice adventure for someone in their early 20s or a retired person where their wife comes along for fun. But Joe is in his late 60s and doing this as a necessity to make ends meet and he's leaving his family and teenaged kids for four months. Plus his cabin is the size of a broom closet and he's not even disembarking. Nice retirement savings, stupid.

I've been on a few cruises, and the people working on it are basically:

1) men from the Phillipines who are supporting their family back home and basically counting the days until they can get back

2) women from all over the world who are looking to marry an American

3) 'the talent.'

The talent seems to be the most miserable by far. I saw a comedian on a boat once and when I learned he lived near me, I thought it would be fun to chitchat for a while, but gave up when it seemed pretty obvious that he needed to step out for a minute and blow his brains out. I heard that some of 'the talent' is basically expected to work like a 3rd worlder when they're not doing their show. So it's a lot like that scene in 'Breaking Bad' when Walt has to wash a student's car, because his day job isn't cutting it.

Lol he has to listen for the thrusters to shut off otherwise he has no fucking clue what's going on because his room doesn't have a window. He's just sitting on his ass in that tiny cell all day watching TV unless he's eating or working. He really might as well be in jail.

TV? As I understand it, the TVs are communal and the sleeping quarters are like a submarine:

DHEEE0-Rocking-the-Boat-Cruise-Ship-Staff-amp-Their-Secrets-Crew-sleeping-quarters-1024x683.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg

Every square inch that they remove from the crew quarters, is a square inch they can sell to paying guests.

EDIT: never mind: https://onaforums.net/threads/brojos-cabin.53002/

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.
Joe was hired as the guitar player for a European cruise ship's house band, that plays background music in some awful third-rate lounge, while 70 year olds cha-cha around in a drunken stupor. It's not really much of a step up from playing the local Moose lodge hall. In fact, it's arguably a step down, or at least a lateral move.
Yes. “Boat act” is typically not a term of endearment.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Joe was hired as the guitar player for a European cruise ship's house band, that plays background music in some awful third-rate lounge, while 70 year olds cha-cha around in a drunken stupor. It's not really much of a step up from playing the local Moose lodge hall. In fact, it's arguably a step down, or at least a lateral move.

I looked it up, he’s making 3300 a month, federal taxes withheld automatically and he must fulfil 5hrs a day 7 days a week of performing.

It’s not worth it at all to spend 4 months of your life in a cabin on a cruise. Especially if you’re 70 years old like Joe is.

I wouldn’t want to be on a cruise at all, it’s such a stupid way to vacation imo. Trapped at sea in a filthy old ship.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.
I looked it up, he’s making 3300 a month, federal taxes withheld automatically and he must fulfil 5hrs a day 7 days a week of performing.

It’s not worth it at all to spend 4 months of your life in a cabin on a cruise. Especially if you’re 70 years old like Joe is.

I wouldn’t want to be on a cruise at all, it’s such a stupid way to vacation imo. Trapped at sea in a filthy old ship.
Not a bad gig for a young person. $3300 a month with room and board included and all the Flips and Eastern euros you can bang.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
If he was 25, I would say good for him, its an adventure, hes making money, making loads of contacts... this is impressive. At 60 something, its just sad.

i suppose so, I’m not calling in complaints he called me a nigger because I’m actually impressed he’s making a living for once. Plus the natural content he will provide is way way funnier if he’s not trolled.