Horror movie recommendations

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
@ThePepsiColaRapist The 7th Victim... Thank you, you reminded me of my favorite series of horror films by the great Val Lewton.

Before the term psychological horror even existed, Lewton created it without ever realizing it. The fear and TTTEEENNNNSSIIIIIIIIOOONNN wasn't by what you saw on the screen - it was by what you DIDN'T see. What your mind imagined. His work with Jacques Tourner and Robert Wise built the framework for what all low budget horror aspired to be.

You can never go wrong with The Cat People, The Body Snatcher, The Leopard Man, Isle of the Dead and The 7th Victim. Ghost Ship and Bedlam (importing on Blu ray as we speak, just came out), as well as I Walked With A Zombie are really good too. If you have a youngin, Curse of the Cat People is a very safe start to horror for them - not very scary but in the same mold, and a really good story.

Hamburger Jones

Your favourite faggots favourite faggot.
  • Southbound
  • Stakeland
  • Session 9
  • We Are What We Are
  • V/H/S 2
  • The Belko Experiment
  • Inside
  • Eden Lake
  • The Invitation
  • Sightseers
  • You're Next

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
reEKqvY.png

It's crazy how much of a legend he is now, and how fucked over he was back then.

The Three Stooges were Cornholed by Columbia their whole career - underpaid and under-appreciated. They made that studio boatloads, but they always told the trio that the films barely broke even, and the guys, just being vaudeville dudes with no business sense and haunting memories of the Depression, took schekels at each contract.

A guy like Lugosi elevated everything he was in. They moment he's on screen, even Ed Woods pieces of shit would become entertaining. His Bride of the Monster speech of "HOME!?! I HAF NO HOME!" is so bad it's legendary, and Karloff couldn't even read that with a straight face. But Bela could.

Fucking love that guy. If a god exists, I hope he's getting blown before the coffin as we speak.

Last edited: