Horror movie recommendations

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
I'll jump in and out while I think of some...

Stupid eh? Can't get any better than a Monogram horror film then! Especially the Lugosi Monogram 9 like Bowery at Midnight, The Corpse Vanishes, Devil Bat, and my favorite, Invisible Ghost. They're fucking weird but they're entertaining because Lugosi is so based, giving a full effort that almost makes you think he wasn't a junkie. Plus the Butler in Invisible Ghost is really awesome.

Karloff had a couple, like The Ape. That's a weird little one that actually transcends its cheese - there's kind of a heart to it. Still dumb as Fuck though, good for a loff.

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
If you can find the original “The Legend of Hell House” from the 70s, it’s cornball-ish but worth a watch.

I mentioned Audition in another thread and it’s a taxing watch to say the least.

Murder by Decree is a solid Sherlock Holmes horror rendition.

The 50s and 70s versions of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers are both good.

Creepshow from 1982 is a good cornball horror.

Obvious/popular ones I love: The Shining, The Thing, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1st one), and Hereditary is real good for a modern horror.

Watch Irreversible, Cannibal Holocaust, A Serbian Film or Salo if you want something just brutal.

Also, years ago I watched one called Megan Is Missing. It is very poorly acted and low budget, but the plot is somewhat plausible and some scenes in it are just horrifying.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
If you can find the original “The Legend of Hell House” from the 70s, it’s cornball-ish but worth a watch.

I mentioned Audition in another thread and it’s a taxing watch to say the least.

Obvious/popular ones I love: The Shining, The Thing, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1st one), and Hereditary is real good for a modern horror.

Watch Irreversible, Cannibal Holocaust, A Serbian Film or Salo if you want something just brutal.

Also, years ago I watched one called Megan Is Missing. It is very poorly acted and low budget, but the plot is somewhat plausible and some scenes in it are just horrifying.

50's Invasion all the way. Not as gory, sure, but I think the message is subtler, and by effect stronger. It can be viewed in so many ways - anti or pro communist, about non-conformity, bigotry, you name it. It's really impressive how they pulled it off so sincerely.

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
19 year old niggers fucking your girlfriend laughing and making fun of you while they smoke weed drink liquor and make her cum. They laugh while going through your wardrobe and family pictures. Putting on your hats and clothes to mock you. One of them is reading a love letter you wrote out loud while the others are pounding away fucking her rhythmically. They stop for a while and go through your fridge cuz they’re starving. They’re teaching her how to roll a blunt in between cooking them your favorite dish. The tallest one is going through your phone calling your father a faggot.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
That's good one. It's kinda dopey but has it's own creepy vibe. The book is even more graphic and weird.

It might be on rarelust (not that I'm advocating anyone do anything that infringes copyright):

ezgif-7-34d28562cf0a.gif

Guyincognito

John D’oh!
The hills have eyes remake is great. My personal favorite is the exorcism of Emily Rose. If you like foreign ones (it’s by del torro) check out el orphano/the orphanage

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
19 year old niggers fucking your girlfriend laughing and making fun of you while they smoke weed drink liquor and make her cum. They laugh while going through your wardrobe and family pictures. Putting on your hats and clothes to mock you. One of them is reading a love letter you wrote out loud while the others are pounding away fucking her rhythmically. They stop for a while and go through your fridge cuz they’re starving. They’re teaching her how to roll a blunt in between cooking them your favorite dish. The tallest one is going through your phone calling your father a faggot.
I said horror, not romance.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
7th Victim
Rosemary's Baby
Martyrs (2008)
Hereditary
Starry Eyes

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Black Christmas
Halloween
The Burning

Nightmare on Elm Street
Candyman

Alien
The Thing
In The Mouth of Madness
Excision

The Omen
The Exorcist III

The Wicker Man (1973)
Hostel
The Ritual

G

7th Victim
Rosemary's Baby
Martyrs (2008)
Hereditary
Starry Eyes

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Black Christmas
Halloween
The Burning

Nightmare on Elm Street
Candyman

Alien
The Thing
In The Mouth of Madness
Excision

The Omen
The Exorcist III

The Wicker Man (1973)
Hostel
The Ritual
Recommending The Wicker Man movie that doesn’t include this insane motherfucker is straight up blasphemy [URL]https://m.imgur.com/t/wicker_man/zbc5Kqs[/URL] NOT THE BEES!

G

Watched the Exorcist 3 on the recommendation of a few here. Not a single scary moment for me. Funny corny old timer banter between George C Scott and Ed Flanders but otherwise a borefest.

G

The hills have eyes remake is great. My personal favorite is the exorcism of Emily Rose. If you like foreign ones (it’s by del torro) check out el orphano/the orphanage
Jennifer Carpenter was awesome in that. I mean if you’ve only seen her in Dexter you’d probably think she’s a worthless hole of an actress. Still a hole but very talented.

The entire film seems like some Left wing faggotry about religion but Laura Linney and Tom Wilkinson really give it some life. Not to mention the great performances by even the small bit characters. Kinda sad but worth a watch.

tl;dr @UnPRePared has a nice beard